Other Baby Swings:

Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing

Pros

Cons

• Features:

I absolutely LOVE this swing...it is the greatest thing ever!!

This is the best swing I have ever used. I have had 4 altogether since I had my daughter almost 5 years ago. I have used the basic Graco swing and it doesnt come close to the quality of this one. I love that it was easy to put together, I didnt even need the instructions. I love that it has so many songs and nature sounds to keep baby happy. My son at 6 months weighed 24 lb...only 1 lb to go until he was too big for a regular swing. This one holds up to 30 lb, so it is still going strong and he will get quite a bit more use out of it.

I also love that it has 4 recline positions. My baby can lay down to sleep or sit straight up to eat or play with the toys. He actually likes to turn on his side and fall asleep, that is how roomy the swing is.

It has 15 songs and soothing nature sounds altogether. It has 6 speeds, a mobile that rotates with the swinging motion, and adorable toys on the tray. My son just loves the zebra that has a mirror inside and the little cow with rings on it. This swing has been a lifesaver. My son has been sick for months, even when he has been held he would still just cry and cry. I'd put him in the swing to get a break....and he would stop. He just loves this swing.

The only two things I could possibly change about this product, it is large and takes up alot of space (as do most baby items) it doesnt fold down very small. The other is that it needs the option of AC power and not just batteries. Other than that I just love it and will use it forever with future babies. If I ever need another swing for whatever the reason...I'd buy this one again and again.

Good and Bad

When looking for a swing when i was pregnant i did some reaseach, Price, Comfert, Options and quality. When looking at Graco Swings i saw that they fit pretty well in all my catagories. We loved the Winnie the Pooh set actually have everything that matches. My Daughter loved the music and nature sounds. You could adjust the volume easily and the speed of the swing was easy to adjust up and down. I did have a hard time getting it to turn off some times. The seat it self was very comfy looking and seemed to put her to sleep very quickly. The only problem i had was with the motor of the swing. After using it for two weeks it died. When looking it up online i found that they recalled the motors. I wanted to get it fixed but the replacement motors were on back order for a very long time they stated that it could take up to a year to get the new one and by then Im sure she wouldnt want to be in the swing anymore althought it does go up to 30 pounds. then they also told me i had to purchase the new motor. I dont think so. Your problem you fix it i shouldnt have to pay for a defective product. All together other then the motor not working which we just pushed it and once in a while we would try it and it would work for a few min just long enough to make her happy. But i wouldnt recommend it due to the defective motor.

Makes babies feel secure

from Florida

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

I really was impressed with how much baby seemed to like this swing. I think it is due in part to how the swing is shaped and how it cradles him or her making baby feel more secure than other swings that are on the market. It really gives them a security similar to being held.

It is a Graco made product so it is made very well. Its sturdy and does grow with baby to a certain extent which is nice. The tray is easy to wipe down and the actual seat of the swing is also fairly easy to clean. The motion of the swing is smoth and does help soothe the baby when he or she is fussy.

The price is more than fair for a product that you will end up using multiple times a day to act as an extra set of arms to comfort baby while you are needing to get something done. I would recommend this to anyone.

Versatility
This is pretty versatile it will grow with your child for several months.

I was surprised how durable this swing seemed to be.

Safety
I didn't have any safety concerns while using this.

• Features:

Great brand with one big problem

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

I love Graco Brand and I love everything about this swing except one major flaw in the design process, I suppose. I have had 2 of these and my best friend has the same one and all 3, after about 1-2 months of use, just stop swinging. It's not all the time but more than not. At first I thought it was the batteries; that wasn't it. Then I thought maybe my son was getting to heavy for it; nope not at all. I tried adjusting things, reinforcing possible lose bars,etc and nothing worked. It's a shame because everything else about this product is wonderful. Great patterns, adjustable seat, great speed and sound features/varieties but none of this matters when it just stops swinging whenever it feels like it. Disappointing.

Versatility
I love the way the seat adjusts to be straight up, semi relaxed to almost laying down. I also love how well it folds up and compacts so that you can store it in small spaces and take it along to grandma's house, etc. Easy to take the seat covers off to wash too.

This is where Graco falls short in my book. Its sturdy but it stops swinging, as mentioned in my overall rating and that's super frustrating when it wakes up a fussy baby or keeps one from just falling asleep or even just keeping baby content.

Easy to fold up and unfold. Easy to use as far as features and settings go. Also easy to clean and wash fabric parts.

Safety
This swing is built sturdy and has the proper locks and supports in place to make me feel safe to walk into another room while my baby just swings and coos or is asleep in it. That's really important of course!

Features
Love the different seat reclining settings and I love the different sound/music features and the speed settings are perfect.

• Features:

Nice swing, like how many speed options it has

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

We have had this swing for a few years now. I like the different speed setting, I think it goes from 1-8, it comes with 2 inserts to support the babies head so you can have three different stages of growth and still be able to use the swing. Some negative would be it does not have side to side motion and after several years of use, it has a clicking sound and feel like it is not swinging right but the baby sleep so what else can you want.

Everything clicks right together out of the box. Seat coverings come off to allow for washing and cleaning.

Safety
Swing comes with seat belt strap so you do not have to worry if you are in the other room for a moment. Legs are sturdy and I have no concern about it tipping over.

Features
Also has colapsable legs to help fit it in the car or pack it away for storage. I would not say it packs up real small but every little bit helps. The mobile is nice but could spin a little better. Owls are cute though

Doesn't ever work right!

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

This swing is so much more of a pain than it is worth. I received it as a gift when my first baby was born. We gave it to the grandparents to keep at their house to use with the other grandkids since it just sat and collected dust at our house. It is big and bulky so it doesn't store well at all, the mobile isn't very sturdy and has come off a few times and nearly hit the baby in the head. It will also stop swinging if each of the four legs isn't perfectly resting straight on the floor, which with carpet, is hard to do! The buttons are also a pain, we couldn't ever get the music to change volumes and it was hard to turn off and on. I would so much rather just rock my baby to sleep than put them in this swing since it is so hard to make it work right! Next time I consider buying a swing I want to go with a smaller, portable one that is much simpler to use! It sure looks cute but is not worth the headache to use it!

• Features:

A lifesaver for the baby that loves to move while sleeping.

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

We love this swing! You can take off the tray for easy in and out, and the seat reclines to make baby comfortable while sleeping or watching the goings on of the family, also you can choose five point or traditional three point harness. Without this nap time would be non insistent. We also like the music or nature sounds option and with SIX speeds you can go from gentle evening push to a day time moderate with the touch of the button. As anyone with a baby that refuses to be put down without the soothing movement of back and forth can tell you a really good swing is a necessity, and this swing is a great swing! My six-week old was not comfortable in the bouncers the vibration option on those just seem to make him squirm and he would almost never snooze during the day or let me cook dinner without the help of this product. My only improvement would be the fabric could be softer or more fleece like so that my baby's face wasn't on such a rough surface witch sometimes irritates his sensitive skin.

Good swing... weird music

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

This swing has been very useful for my son. The music however is random (wedding music, Christmas music, etc) but he doesn't like the nature sounds or the clock, so random music it is!

Versatility
This swing comes with body and head support and it also reclines, so your baby can play and have a good time, or be rocked to sleep.

I bought this swing at a consignment sale, and I could tell that it had been through a lot and it's still holding strong!

There are an intimidating amount of buttons on the control panel, but most of them are to control the swing speed.

Safety
The harness wraps around the waist, between the legs, and around the shoulders. The tray snaps in place so it doesn't fling around while in motion.

Features
I don't like the tray. My son is only four months and he has no use for it now. It seems like he will outgrow the swing by the time he would need it. I wish there were a way to remove it without breaking anything.

Graco Pooh Swing - Great for Travel

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

My parents purchased this swing for our daughter a few years back when we were visiting their house, and couldn't bring our house swing with us. We have since used it with our son as well, and it is a good little swing.

This swing is perfect for traveling, and for small spaces. It does not take up very much room when it's set up. It also collapses and stores relatively easily, so you can put it in your trunk when traveling from place to place, yet still have room for your luggage.

There is a dial for speed, which is crucial because until they weigh around 9 pounds, this swing can rock way too fast for my taste. As they get bigger, it weighs the swing down and so it doesn't swing too fast. It does not have enough power to swing them very far once they get to 18 pounds. At that point little ones were trying to sit up anyway, so our swinging days were over.

This does have soft relaxing music, but it drives me crazy, so I love that you can turn it off!

• Features:

Graco Swing is good if you put it together right

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

I originally thought this swing was a dud and never used it with my first baby because it never worked right. One of the bars has an attachment to hold the mobile. That bar is supposed to go on the left side so the attachment doesn't hit into the structure of the swing and prevent it from moving. However, the mobile when you first put it in faces away from the baby and you have to rotate it into place. The initial placement of the mobile tricked us into thinking the bar with the attachment had to go on the right side so the mobile was hanging over baby as soon as you put it in. That's what our problem was. As soon as we realized this and put it together right, we've loaned it out twice and are currently using it with our second baby. It's worked wonderfully through all three.

My favorite feature is that you can plug this one into the wall because it saves us so much money on batteries. But, it also works with batteries so we can take it with us if we need to, or if we need that outlet for vacuuming or something.

The mobile is cute. I love that it uses the motion of the swing to rotate the mobile around. And I love that the colors are neutral and light enough that I can leave it in my living room all the time. I know bright colors are easier for baby to see and better for their development, but I get sick of the obnoxious mix of brights sometimes. For a swing that is in sight all the time. I prefer it to be pleasing to my eye.

A lifesaver

from Boise, ID

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

Our acid reflux baby would only sleep in my arms or this swing! I love that it has a slight incline to help keep his acid down and prevent ear infections after an illness.

Versatility
It's an adorable design that can suit a boy or a girl, and I love that it can sit in the corner and not look like an eye sore.

Our four year old tried to climb in it when we first bought it, and it held him and swung just fine. We use it every day, at least 8 hours a day, and it's working like a champ still.

It has six settings, but it's very user-friendly and we've never read the directions. If you're learning how to use it, just start pushing buttons and you can quickly find out what does what. We rarely use the sound feature, just the swing.

Safety
I worry that as he gets bigger, baby might be able to kick off the table. Its clasp doesn't really make a definitive "click" sound when you close it, so I always pull up on it a few times after putting baby down, just to make sure it's closed tightly.

Features
I love that it plugs in the wall, as we went through many expensive batteries with our last swing. Also, the sound features were nice when our baby was a newborn: there's a white-noise sound that he loved. Now that he's older, it just seems to annoy him.

• Features:

This swing saved my life

from LAS VEGAS, NV

Comments about Graco Lovin' Hug Baby Swing:

My first baby loved to be held but i couldn't get anything done. If I put him down he would cry. I was hard enough being a first time mom so my husband set up the swing and we put my son in it. He loved it. It claimed him down and I was able to get things done like make dinner, wash dishes, do much needed laundry, ect. This was my life saver. It is such a neat swing too. It has 6 speed modes which I loved because when he got older he wanted to swing faster. It also has music to it or outside noises. He loved the music the best. I also liked that it has a 5 point harness and that it came with different size head support. It made my son feel like he was still in the womb. With the movement and the head support to make him feel secure. I was glad to know that this swing made him feel conforted when I needed to get things done. It also has a tray for when he got older so we would feed him in that until we bought a high chair. I don't know what I would have done with out this swing.