4.1
Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller

Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller

4.1

Great buy!

I have used this stroller probably close to everyday for the past 1 1/2 years.  Seriously.  After I gave birth to my daughter in January 2007, I became an avid walker to try to shed pounds.  I walked close to 2 miles everyday with her in the back section, which lays down completely and is GREAT for a newborn, and my son in the front.  The advertisements say that an infant carseat can snap into the back section, but I never could figure out how to get mine in.  I thought I had a compatible one, but maybe not?  I love this stroller and it has stood up to some serious use!  It is very durable and comfortable for the babies; however, there is a weird shoulder strap harness thing that I only use when they try to climb out.  Otherwise it looks like they're in a private jet or something.  Very good stroller.  A++In response to some of the "cons" listed, I want to say that any double stroller is humongous and it's hard to find a durable one that will fit in the trunk of a car.  My advice is to find out what's most important to you and then buy accordingly!

Everyone who sees it calls it the Cadillac of strollers!

I have to make a confession about my stroller. I have had the Graco Duoglider for over a year, and I have opened it and/or closed it on my own, unassisted maybe twice. Both times, my children and innocent passers-by were exposed to a string of expletives and I could actually feel my blood boil.

That could just be me. I have about three seconds of patience for all complicated and cumbersome baby gear. I also hate assembling things. It just isn't my thing. If you are like me, you can get this stroller. Just be sure someone else is always around to open and close it, or that you spend a lot of time (eww!) practicing doing it.

I would tell you the secrets to operating this stroller, but I don't know them. Ask my husband.

This stroller is also extremely large, bulky and heavy. You really can only transport it if you have a large trunk or hatch for storage. It fits fine in the back of my Dodge Caravan, but once it's in there nothing else is going in.

That said, if you can get over the obnoxious and complicated methods of operation, there are many things I love about this stroller. If you want your twins (or your two children) to ride in style, this is a great way to go without breaking the bank.

I can't tell you how many times a stranger has seen this stroller and commented, "That's the Cadillac of strollers!" It comes in various attractive designs and prints. It's also quite comfortable for the passengers (I can only presume).

For travel or for long stretches in strollers, this is really superior to a smaller double stroller. It has cup holders, pockets, pouches, you name it to stash your stuff. The only downside is that the massive basket underneath the stroller is pretty much inaccessible when you have infant car seats in.

It also fits nicely, surprisingly, well through doorways and aisles. Even though it is pretty bulky, it is long and not any wider than a typical single stroller. You would think it is hard to maneuver, but it's actually quite easy after just a little practice.

All in all, I actually would recommend this stroller. I know it has some shortcomings, but I think there is a trade-off. It is so hard to open and close because it does have so many features.

We also have two umbrella strollers with a stroller connector. They might be smaller and easier to open, but they are not nearly as comfortable, they don't recline, there is a joke of a space for storage, and it is rather tricky pushing it.

If you are buying a stroller for twins on the way, this is probably the best choice out there in particular for the first year.

Great price for a great stroller.

from Drakesboro, Ky

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Durable
  • Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Maneuver
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth Ride
  • stadium seating

Cons

• Small Basket

• Infants
  • Newborn
  • Preemies
  • Toddlers

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

The best feature about this stroller is the stadium seating. I love that both kids get to have a view of the world around them because the backseat is slightly higher. It turns easily and because the seats are in a straight row the stroller fits through the aisles in a lot of stores.

The seats lay down which is great for when my daughter needs a nap. The seat laying down also allows me to lay my infant goddaughter down safely while we are out and about town. The only complaint I have is that it is nearly impossible to use the front half of the storage basket with two kids in the stroller.

I LOVE this Stroller but my husband hates it..

from San Marcos, Tx

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Easy To Maneuver
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Smooth Ride

Cons

• Bulky

• Infants
  • Newborn
  • Preemies
  • Toddlers

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

I have two children who are 17 months apart. My first child started walking at 8 months and when I had my second child, the oldest was an expert and nifty runner. This stroller is absolutely perfect in my eyes. I can manage the kids without having to run around chasing them constantly. They are 2 and 1 now and like to play the run away from mommy game. It's versatile and easy to maneuver. It has cup holders, a compartment for me, and lots of other nice features. My husband thinks that it is too bulky and can do without it, until we're out and about and we have to chase after the kids like we're trying to catch runaway puppies. It took awhile for me to realize that the cup holder on the front seat can be removed to make space when storing, which is helpful. My kids love and sometimes actually prefer to sit and ride in it instead of walk themselves. It does not fit in small aisles but usually establishments with small tiny aisles are not suited for toddlers. So it's an A + for me.

Good stroller for the price.

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

Good stroller for the price. Not super sturdy but did well with my kids. Pretty easy to maneuver and open and close. Not too heavy either. Great for traveling and outings. Plenty of room for storage as well as cup holders. Both seats recline and both seats have car seat capabilities. Cute patterns and easy to clean as well.

Good design. The back seat sits up a little higher than the front seat so the back passenger can still see ahead of him/her. Very cute patterns to choose from. It is great that you can clip a car seat in the front or the back seat. Cup holders and little storage compartment were great for walks and outings. Underneath storage is large and roomy.

Safety
Very safe. Adjustable buckles as well as trays that snap on or off in front of child.

Child Comfort
Very comfortable. Both seats recline to different degrees for sleeping children.

Maneuverability
The fact that it is narrow makes it a little easier to maneuver but doesn't turn super easy. The stroller is just long but that is to be expected with a double stroller.

Life saver.

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

Any parent who has more than one child knows first hand how hard it is to take them places, especially without the other parent there to help. This "Graco Duoglider double stroller" was a wonderful investment. We ordered it online for a pretty good price, so i was really excited. This was our first double stroller purchase and I must say, since having children this is one of the best things we have EVER bought for them. It isn't too big and bulky you can slide it directly into the trunk of a car. I also love the fact that it has the umbrellas over each child to keep the rain or sun off of them. I HIGHLY recommend this stroller!

The design is very simple but not too plain. I like that it can be used for both genders just in case if you have a boy AND a girl.

Safety
This stroller is very safe and sturdy. There are straps for each child and they are not cheaply made, we have never had an issue with them unstrapping themselves.

Child Comfort
The kids are comfortable in there, it has nice thin padding inside for their little bottoms.

Maneuverability
Great maneuverability, no issues with the wheels and it turns nicely.

Great for "on the go" parents.

• Maneuverability:

The best stroller for a baby and an older toddler

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

I absolutely love the Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller. I purchased this stroller right before my youngest son was born and I have been extremely satisfied with this purchase. First, the Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller is lightweight. This is extremely important to me because I do not have a lot of upper body strength. Second, I really like how the front section of the stroller accommodates the Graco SnugRide Car Seat. It is important that I am able to transfer my sleeping baby from the car to the stroller without waking him up. The construction of the Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller is very sturdy. This stroller is easy to handle, rides very smoothly, and steers well. Overall, I continue to be impressed with the Graco line of products. Graco makes a quality double stroller and keeps common sense in mind when they're designing the products.

Child Comfort
My children are very comfortable in the Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller and seem happy to ride in the stroller.

This Double Stroller Has Saved My Life

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

Before this stroller, I owned a double jogging stroller for my older two children. When I found out I was pregnant with my third, I decided I needed something that suited infants better than a jogger. I did a lot of research on side-by-side versus front-to-back strollers and finally decided on a Graco front-to-back stroller. I also finally landed on this one because it worked well with my Graco Snugride or a Graco Safe Seat carseat (that we were considering and ended up buying).

I do not regret my decision at all. This stroller is absolutely perfect for having multiple children, even if one of them is an infant. It fit with my carseat perfectly- it even snapped into place so I knew it was secure- and it worked with the older child up front. The back seat of the stroller is reclinable, so it works in several positions for the baby. The only thing that would make that back seat better would be if it had a five-point harness rather than just a lap belt so you were confident that your baby wasn't going to slide all over the place.

There are a few random items about this stroller that I also really enjoy. I like how the trays and canopies can snap in and out of place. I also love the storage of the stroller itself. The storage basket underneath the stroller goes the whole length of the stroller, so you can throw coats, cameras, lunch boxes, diaper bags, and pretty much anything you need in there and it will fit. It is great for outings or vacations!

Twice as much fun!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

We already have a few Draco strollers and baby car seats, but we bought this model when we realized we wanted to take more than one grandchild for a walk at a time, and there weren't enough of us adults to go around. We love the design of this model, and we were already pleased with all the Draco products we have. This model works well for twins as well as children of different ages. We use it both ways, depending upon who we're babysitting at the time.

The front back layout works better for us than side by side since it gives the stroller a narrower silhouette and it's much more manageable getting through doorways, sharing the side walk with someone (or letting someone pass) as well as folding it and having it fit easily into the back seat or through a back door as well as fitting into a small car trunk.

Safety
We haven't found any bad safety issues with this model. The belts hook up securely. We've not found any sharp edges on it anywhere a child could reach, and where there are any doubts, it's padded or covered.

Child Comfort
Kids seem fine and comfortable.

Maneuverability
Much better than a side by side double stroller.

So far it's lasting quite well, and we use it a lot. We have lots of grand children and we're free babysitters.

• Maneuverability:

Easy to use and works great

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

I bought this stroller for my twins with matching infant carriers. This worked great for when they were little and when they transferred to sitting in the big seats. They both had lots of leg room and were able to recline and rest. The basket underneath had plenty of room for the diaper bag and shopping items. The trays were great to hold snacks and a cup holder for their drinks. There was a parent tray up top for drinks and a tray with cover to put your keys, phone, etc. The stroller worked great pushing it with one hand or two the wheels never got stuck on me like some other strollers I had tried in the past.

The design was perfect for me. It was thin enough to fit through store doors and isles and not have to go around or find a larger area to fit through.

Safety
The infant carriers clicked in the seats and locked so you don't have to worry about them falling out. They release just as easy with one hand to unlock the safety features. The stroller unlocks and opens with ease as well. Very happy with the safety aspects!

Great dependable stroller!!

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

I have five children ranging from nine years to 15 months old. We bought our first double stroller when I had my son who is now eight. It was the Graco DuoGlider. This has been a wonderful stroller. It is very dependable and very strudy. It is not the greatest in the sand but it works great on the road and sidewalks. It is not hard to push and the kids seem to find it very comfortable. I walk six miles each walk and still use this stroller. When my five year old is with us she sits comfortably in the front with my one year old in the back. When its just my one year old and our two small dogs we still use this stroller and at least one of the dogs rides on the way home. I would have never thought that after five kids my first double stroller would be the only one I have ever owned. We did have to change the back wheels one time after having it for a year or two. The cosutmer service was great. They were very helpful and got the part to us in a good amount of time. This stroller is worth every penny and is a great investment. It lasts very well and is designed great. It is very strong. It folds up easy enough and fits nicely in the back of the van. It is not hard to fold up or snap back together. I highly recommend this ride for the kiddos!

• Maneuverability:

Perfect for one or two kids

Comments about Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller:

The only downside to this stroller is its size when folded. Otherwise it works great whether you've got one kid and a lot of gear to push around, or two kids who are too little to walk long distances.

Unlike Graco's single-seat strollers, the snack tray doesn't fold up when the stroller is collapsed, which creates a bit of an awkward situation in trying to fit it in smaller storage areas.