Other High Chairs:

Graco Contempo High Chair

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Graco Contempo is a great high chair with one drawback.

I bought our first Graco Contempo high chair about a year ago for my daughter. I just bought another one about a month ago for my son. I really like the high chair. There is a tray with a tray insert, so effectively you have two trays. The coolest thing about the tray is there are two ways to put it on and take it off. You have two handles, one on each side that you can depress to take off the tray, or you have one in the front. It's really nice when you're putting squirmy babies in the chair to have the option. Each chair came with two covers. That's nice when you can't get one washed fast enough. Under the cover there is another cover with a hard back that offers the support. It is machine washable as well, when you have really dirty kids (which I do). I've thrown them all in the dryer, but prefer to air dry them on our back patio. Once I did the covers once it's been easy since. I highly suggest reading the directions. Probably would have made my life a lot easier. ;)

The chair is adjustable on many fronts. You can adjust the seat from reclined to straight up. You can also adjust the height of the chair if you want the kids to sit at the table with you, or if you're short and have problems reaching them (like I do)

I have a large kitchen and have not needed to fold the chairs up frequently, but it's super easy to do. I have wood floors, so I can tell you the chairs will not lock and not move on wood floors. However, I think it's a rather strange complaint that I've read on several websites. Nothiing holds still on my wood floors when it's pushed, the highchairs, my chairs, my tables and even my fridge. I imagine the locks would really only work on carpet.

My biggest complaint about the high chair is the 5 points harness. It's quite difficult for me to get done with my squirmy babies. Most times I just don't bother. But this is another compliment to the chair. My kids are little acrobats and have pulled all sorts of stunts in the chairs and the chairs have not once tipped, fallen, broken or anything. They seem incredibly durable.

I do recommend the highchairs. If someone can figure out an easy way to strap squirmy kids in, please let me know. ;)

Ok high chair, but I've seen better

I received the Graco Contempo high chair as a gift about 2 years ago.  The chair does fold up to become pretty compact and I have traveled with it once before.  It was small enough to fit in the back of my Honda CR-V along with a large suitcase, double stroller, and pack n play.

There is a dishwasher tray insert that is placed on top of the tray, but I have never been able to use it.  It's so easy for a baby to pull the insert out that every time I've put the tray on the chair with the insert in my son has immediately pulled the insert up, which results in food all over the floor.  Most of the seat cover is plastic, but part along the top is made of fabric.  Because of the fabric, I can't clean the entire cover by wiping with a cloth and I have been putting it in the washing machine 1-2 times a month and letting it air dry.  I recently noticed that the plastic covering is starting to get small holes all over, probably due to being washed in the machine.  One other thing I don't like about the chair is that my son seems to get his arm stuck between the tray and the seat of the chair pretty frequently.  It also seems to have lots of small cracks that get food stuck in them every time my son rubs his hands around.

Overall, it's a decent high chair, but it's a pain to keep clean.  I really prefer the Fisher Price space saver high chair, which costs half as much.

What a difference from highchairs back when my kids were small!

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

I bought this high chair to use for my grandson since I have the pleasure of being his babysitter while Mom and Dad work! What a difference from the high chair I used for my kids!! This chair is so amazing!! It easily folds up for storage, and setting it up is a breeze...can be done with one hand if necessary! The cushioned seat is not only soft and comfortable for my guy, but cleans up easy with a damp cloth or removed and thrown into the washing machine. I can set this chair against my dining table or my kitchen table and with its 6 adjustable height settings it can be set to the height you need for your table. It also has 3 reclining positions. The tray is flat on the bottom so sits without rocking and rolling when removed. It comes off and goes back onto the chair with ease and has an insert that can be put into the dishwasher to clean!

The safety harness is a 3-point harness that can be converted to a seat belt for when my guy gets bigger and less likely to squirm out.

I would recommend this chair to anyone needing a quality product at a reasonable price! I am looking forward to spending time sharing meals with my little guy for as long as he needs and fits this chair!

• Safety:

Great highchair at an affordable price

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

My family has been using our Graco Contempo highchair for a little over a year now, and I would say that it has held up pretty well. What I like most about this highchair is some of the design concepts. One of the best features is that this highchair can fold up easily and quickly when not in use so it can be stored away. It folds up in a way that it is small enough to fit into very tight spaces. This also makes it portable enough to take with you if you need it when you are traveling. I also really like the dual tray, so when the top gets very messy after a meal you can just pop it off and clean it and then put it back on. This is nice because it makes it less bulky and easier to clean. I also feel that this is a very safe highchair. It has a 5-point harness clip so it definitely secures your child. It also has adjustable heights and reclining capabilities so you can really customize to what works best for your situation. It also has locking wheels so you can move it to whatever location you need it at fairly easily. One negative I can think of is that when the highchair is fully open the legs do spread pretty far apart which makes it take up quite a bit of room. I can't say that I would recommend it for a small kitchen or dining room. But for the price I don't really think you could go wrong otherwise. This is a solid highchair that I am glad I bought.

• Safety:

Excellent value for a great high chair!

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

This was a great purchase. We needed a high chair for our 5 month old but didn't want a bulky chair. This one has a great design and folds up easily out of the way. It very sturdy and I feel very safe having my son in it. We'll be saving this high chair for our next child.

Sturdiness
This is a sturdy high chair! Wide legs and supports provide strength without affecting ease of folding.

Very strong and has survived being folded up countless times and trips to Grandma's house.

Not overly bulky and has a pleasing design that blends in nicely with our dining room.

Safety
Sturdy legs and a nice wide seat make a comfy seat while not being "tippy".

Easy to clean and not too many areas that my son can mash things into! A damp towel can take care of it in a few seconds.

Nice features

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

This high chair is fairly easy to clean. You can also lower it up and down depending on the height you want it, which is nice when you are at the dinner table. The other nice feature is that the legs slide together so you can place it against the wall and take up less space when not in use (not that I ever do that).

Great inexpensive highchair

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

We bought the Graco Contempo high chair when our baby was 5 months old and used it all the way until he was 18 months. It has five point safety harness which was very useful in those early months. Also the seat reclines back fully and it is easy to put in and take out the baby. I love the fact that it came with two covers - we were always prepared for big messes. It folds up easily and can be stored against the wall. Also it has wheels which made it convenient to drag into the kitchen while I was cooking. We used it not only for meals but also for playing, finger painting (the removable tray is very easy to clean), and other fun stuff too. The only complain I have against it would be that once the baby is a little older the removable tray is very easy to pull off and a bit of a safety concern and so had to removed completely. All in all, a great high chair for a reasonable price. Would highly recommend!!

Nice looking and functional

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

I bought two of the Graco Contempo Highchair in Deco for my twin boys.  I first was drawn to these because of the great look of them.  They adjust in height and the back reclines which was helpful when my boys were younger as they sometimes dozed off after eating.  We have smashed every type of baby food all over this chair and I can't believe they still look like new 16 months later.  I find the best way to clean this chair is to take it out on the deck scrub with a sponge and spray off with the garden hose.  I was concerned that  it was very light but the fabric has held up remarkably well.  It comes with two trays, but we only use the bottom tray because my boys figured out early on how to flip the top one off.  I like how it folds up but we have never done that as we just leave them out all the time.  My only complaint is that the tray does come off easy and my one son has figured out how to flip the tray off.  It also has a small built in cup holder and tray area built into the frame.  Overall a very nice looking and durable highchair.** **

My kids are messy. But it did wipe clean.

good product

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

Greco Contempo high chair is a variation of the old fashioned high chair. It does not however have the old fashioned seat that was hard and seemed uncomfortable. The Greco Contempo seat is made so the child is more secure than the old seats. And there is less chance of the child slipping out. This is a very good product.

Sturdiness
This is a very sturdy and reliable chair.

I think it is very durable

I like the design. A variation on the old fashioned high chair with modern flair.

Safety
I have seen no saftey issues.

• Safety:

Graco Contempo perfect for all infants and toddlers!

from Monee, IL

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

There are many things about the Graco Contempo highchair that I love. First of all, is the fact that the crumbs don't get in between the cracks. The removable chair cover comes with a replacement, and it is great for keeping it clean!! Also, the Contempo folds up compactly. When it is closed, it it only 4 inches wide!! Another thing that is really convenient is the weight of the tray. When you are holding a child in one arm, it is great to have a lightweight tray that doesn't feel like you are going to drop it (as opposed to Chicco's highchair).

Graco Contempo is average

from Hales Corners, WI

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

The Graco Contempo High Chair is a good basic high chair, but nothing really special. I have had this one for all three of my children, and it has actually held up pretty well with no major wears or tears. The really nice feature is that is folds up easily, and can easily be stored in a closet when you need the space. The padding itself is comfortable and easy to wipe off, however the main problem I find is in cleaning it. It is really hard to get in all the crevices and sometimes food gets caught between the chair and the material. The seat cover can be challenging to take off and put back on. Also, the tray top does not lock too well and can easily fall off-which is not great if you have a tray of food! There is a five point harness to keep the child in there, as well as a more reclined poistion which I found beneficial. There are also locking wheels, which allow you to more it easily. Overall, just basic, nothing really amazing, but good for storage!

Open it, Use it, LOVE it!

from Princeton, IN

Comments about Graco Contempo High Chair:

My mother ordered this highchair for our son as a birthday gift. I had looked online for a couple weeks before choosing this one. I picked this one due the fact it could fold flat it was a trusted brand. I had purchased another highchair that could fold flat, but returned it, because after putting it together it was so unsturdy. With the Graco-Melborne I loved that it came in the box ready to use(nothing to put together!) This highchair is awesome, because Graco understand babies are messy, so it came with an extra padded seat cover! We have used friends highchairs and the one at my parents house, and I love ours more than all the others. I havn't found a highchair for this price that has the same quality as the Melborne by Graco! LOVE IT!