Other Misc. Tools & Hardwares:
Adhesive
Gorilla
Gorilla Glue

Gorilla Glue

Strong and reliable, it glues most anything.

**Gorilla Glue **

**Gorilla Glue **

I love to find old chic-n-shabby accent furniture at garage sales and flea markets when I can. I often find nice things but they may have lose legs or rungs so I always reach for my trusty bottle of Gorilla Glue and before you know it, that chair or end table is back to being strong and usable again.

I've repaired SO many things with this glue, wooden objects, plastic, ceramic, a big old terracotta pot my grandmother used to grow rosemary in, I could not bear to part with after I accidently hit the edge of it and a huge chip came off. Fear not, I got "the gorilla" and slipped it back in place, it looks as good as always; Grandma would be pleased.

Another good feature about this glue is that it washes up easliy with water, if you happen to drip a little onto any surface, be sure to have a wet sponge or cloth ready and it wipes away as quickly as it dripped.  The dry down time is relatively short depending on the item being glued, I generally let things cure overnight as this is the best option for getting excellent results.  This is a strong bonding glue that will hold for a very long time.

Don't waste your hard earned money.

On the bottles of each Gorilla Glue it says the world's strongest glue. After using Gorilla Glue for months I would say that this is very true, but still would not recommend it. Yes it may be the world's strongest glue, but what is the point in having the world's strongest glue when you can't even get it out of the bottle?

The first time I used Gorilla Glue everything went fine. Then the problems started to occur. I would have to cut a hole in top of the container each time just to open it because it would freeze shut. This past time I had to cut the whole top off just to get the glue. Gorilla Glue works great when it works. The viscosity of Gorilla Glue is like honey and makes it very frustrating to use. Just think of honey before you buy this. Yes it gets all over the place. On top of that it stains your hands brown and for up to an hour after your hands stick to whatever you touch.

All in all for me Gorilla Glue in a no. It works well, but the sheer effort to open it and how it gets all over the place it too much. If you want to buy a bottle of Gorilla Glue do yourself a favor and buy the smallest bottle so you don't have to throw away almost half when it freezes up and you won't waste as much money.

One of The Strongest Glues I Have Ever Used

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

When I had new tile installed in the kitchen, bathroom and hall wall on the first floor of the house the person that sold it to me (and also installed it) seemed like he knew what he was doing. A couple of weeks after he put down the tile I started noticing gaps between them. Months later the tiles started coming loose and I knew that it was only going to be a matter of time before they actually became uprooted from the flooring. That means that when I went to mop the floor there would be a good chance that water would get under the tiles and could cause mold to start growing or damage the flooring.

A friend of mine that does construction came by to look at the floor and was just amazed at how horrible a job the installer did. He helped me pry up the semi-loose tiles, clean the backs of them, vacuum out the sections where the tiles were removed and use the Gorilla Glue on the backs of the tiles. We weighted the tiles that were glued and left the weights in place for a couple of hours. There was no way to remedy the gaps between the tiles without using caulking which would have looked horrible.

I was impressed with how well the glue worked on the loose tiles and when others start showing early signs of becoming loose I used the same technique to remove the tiles, clean them and glue them. Since then I have used this to fix things inside and outside the house; it worked great on the large plastic planters that I bought a couple of years ago that developed cracks from being exposed to the summer heat and sun and the low temperatures in the winter. I used it on the inside of the planters and it formed a solid bond in about an hour.

Disappoining

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

I was very disappointed with the results of a recent repair that I used Gorilla Glue on. According to the label, the adhesive in this glue should have held my cabinet hinges together. Instead, the glue was runny, messy, and ineffective. To make matters worse, once the glue dried to the cabinets, I had to use a razor blade to remove the dried mess from my cabinet doors, which damaged them.

Toughest Glue Ever

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

Gorilla Glue is the absolute best glue. It is extremely tough and durable. First, you need to moisten the surface that you are using with water, then glue your item(s)-careful not to use too much because it has such a strong bond, and then clamp your objects for a few hours. Gorilla Glue can be used on virtually anything-glass, wood, stone, metal, ceramics, and much more. You can use it during building-like on fences, steps, trim, furniture, etc. It makes repairs strong and durable. I even use it to glue the soles back on to my shoes. Be sure to use gloves when using this glue.

This is a must for every household.

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

This product has been a great help several times to us. There was one time we actually had to use this on a wooden door that had major problems. The door fell completely out of the wall with the hinges attached to it. The wall where the door had been attached was so severely striped it could not be repaired with out having to replace the whole trimming of the door. We applied a decent amount of the glue to the nails (still attached to the hinges), to the hinge itself and, then to the door way. We really did not know if it would work but, at the time we didn't have another option. It took quiet sometime to dry but, after it was all done drying the door held for along time until we had the money to replace the doorway. This is also great to have around when you have purchased this such as desks and nightstands from walmart where the quality is questionable.

The glue does dry a very obvious color and well of course it is hard to get off (isn't it suppose to be?). The price might make a first time buyer look twice but, it is very much worth it.

Alright glue

from Las Cruces, NM

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

This glue is very strong, but is a little difficult to use and take awhile to dry. It also can ruin your clothes and is hard to remove if it gets on something you didn't mean for it to get on. If you use this glue, use it carefully.

Love Gorilla Glue

from West Columbia, SC

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

I had heard alot about gorilla glue over the years but never used it. I got a good deal on the 3 ounce size and bought it. The first time I used it I did not read the instructions on how to use it properly. I had no idea that this glue would expand like it does as it dries. I had a mess after it finally dried. I applied too much of the gorilla glue and did not premosture as it directed. The next time I used the gorilla glue I followed the directions. We had a furniture drawer that had come apart and I did not see an easy way to fix the drawer. The bottom of the drawer was not very thick so I good not use nails or staples to fix it. I told my wife why not try the gorilla glue. I added the mosture as specified and added a thin coat of the gorilla glue all around the drawer bottom. We added some weight so that pressure would be added to the joints where the glue had been applied. The next day we were very pleased with the results. The drawer was solid again. Gorilla glue does the job very well idf you follow the directions.

Great name and great glue!

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

I particurally love Gorilla's Wood Glue. My house is filled with antique or just old furniture. I am not the kind of person who likes to replace a chair just because the leg is a little loose. About once a month I find there is always something that needs to be clamped and glued.

What I like about this glue is that it dries much faster than conventional wood glues. It is easy to apply and doesn't leave a residue that is impossible to remove. I can simply glue for example a busted chair leg, clamp it for about thirty minutes, and not have to worry about it breaking open again.

The glue is also very safe to use. I am never afraid of getting a skin reaction if I get it on my skin. The smell isn't as strong as other glues but if you have sensitivity to chemical smells I would stay away from the fumes.

You do pay a little more for the name but compared to conventional glues Gorilla glue does have a quicker dry time with clamping which for me makes a huge difference in my every day life.

Always seems to work for whatever the need

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

I don't specifically remember what we first purchased this item for, but I remember being amazed at how well it worked when we used it. We have used it several times since then on different projects around the house (we are remodeling so we've used it more than the average homeowner probably). It seems to hold it's bond quickly and extremely effectively. It does tend to ooze a little, but we also didn't have any problems washing it off like we did with other types of glue. I would say this is our replacement for crazy glue and it works on most surfaces as well. I have yet to find a need for glue that this product didn't work perfectly for. It's a little pricey, but really it's not bad considering the price of super glue for such a small little container. It does dry colored, but depending on where you are using the product that may or may not matter to you. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone in need of a fast acting glue that lasts.

Gorilla Glue holds almost anything together!

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

Gorilla Glue is as strong as super glue because it holds almost anything together but it works on more surfaces than super glue.  It can hold together a lot more heavier items.  We have glued together shutters and furniture.  It has held up very well, especially on the shutters on our house.

Gorilla Glue takes a bit longer to set and you have to clamp it or hold it together for a while before it will hold together.  Once it's set it holds together pretty strong.  Sometimes it doesn't work every time.  There is quite a bit of glue in a bottle since a little bit goes a long way.  One downfall about it is that if you put too much on it starts to expand and it shows the white foam on the piece you're glueing together.  It's very hard to get it off if you don't want it there so the expanding is a bit annoying.  It can be easily painted so once it's expanded it can be covered to match the material.

Strong but Unsightly!

from Santa Barbara, CA

Comments about Gorilla Glue:

I use this product for some of my crafts projects----specifically, for gluing bits of old/vintage costume jewelry to picture or mirror frames, to switchplate covers, wooden jewelry boxes, and the like. It works well in forming a durable bond, since the backs of the jewelry bits are often concave or irregular. When applied, the glue doesn't puddle into a flat layer. Instead, it becomes a thick foam and puffs up. It bubbles up to fill the area where an item doesn't come into direct contact with the surface it is being glued to. This is a big help. but there are drawbacks. For one, the glue doesn't dry clear, but changes to an opaque white when it dries. For another, I often have to file off the excess glue with a coarse emery board, and this takes time. If I file the excess off too soon the bond may be weakened and the items may not hold together. If I file the excess off when it is 100% dry and set, I risk marring the original surface. All in all, this glue works, but must be carefully applied and carefully monitored. Using it costs me time, but at least I know it works!