Other Smartphones:

Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

great camera easy to use without all the gimmicks

Pros

Cons

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

Love the phone no complaints easy to use love the picture quality and video quality. Easy to navigate perfect size..The Google Nexus S is the first phone to sport the latest version of Google's Android mobile phone operating system. Android 2.3 Gingerbread packs in a whole host of little and large tweaks including an improved interface, support for Near Field Communication (NFC), better battery management, and improved text editing and typing.
        - Extremely Fast (Boots in 1/2 the time of my Nexus One)
        - Screen is awesome. Super sharp and clear.
        - Front facing camera is cool to have for video chat though it probably won't get used too much by most people.
        - LED Flash is awesome (Works well as a flash light as soon as someone makes an app that works with it or updates an existing one)
        - Looks and feels awesome. (A lot more comfortable and better looking than most phones out now)

Display/Screen Quality
        Beautiful screen, great WiFi range, slick OS, clear calls

Easy to navigate perfect size

Best Android to date. Good design and smooth OS. Camera leaves much to be desired but software updates can fix. This is the only Android I'd recommend over an iPhone.

• Call Quality:

A powerful, fast and beautiful device

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I was set to upgrade my phone about 2 months ago. Other flagships caught my eye like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the the new LG G2 were at the top of my list. However, I landed on the Google Nexus 5 made by LG and could not be happier. The Nexus 5 is a perfect do all device with only a few short comings. The phone is very fast due to its snapdragon 800 processor. The screen is beautiful and makes streaming movies and playing games a real treat. the 5" screen fits perfect in my pocket and hands. It is very light, so handling the phone for games and reading or web browsing is not a hardship at all. The camera takes good pictures but could definitely use an update. The pure kit kat android experience that this phone ships with is crisp and fast. No branded apps to slow down the phone. The Nexus 5 is a great device but it is lacking an sd card slot which can be a problem to some music lovers or if a lot of apps are wanted. Overall i recommend this phone highly to android lovers.

• Call Quality:

If you love HTC EVO you are going to love this phone

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I have not had the chance to try Samsung III but I really love my nexus. The screen is bigger, it faster when loading applications, and I am enjoying the Google software. You also think it is pretty neat that I can use facial recognition to logging into my phone. You can also take panoramic photos.

Battery Life
        I can use this phone more than 12 hours and the battery is still going strong.

Love the Nexus

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I had a Nexus before this and I wanted another one. I love the fact that I take pictures and it will automatically upload it to my gmail account. I like other things about this phone, but that is my favorite point. I don't like how big it is. This thing is massive, twice the size of my Optimus. I'm sure a lot of people like that, but I like to fit it in my pocket. I wish there was a smaller version. Oh, and it's got poor battery life!

• Call Quality:

Spotty reception but can take a beating

from Pacifica, CA

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I've had the Google Nexus S for over a year and it's survived multiple drops, without a case, and I've never had to address any repairs to the phone. However, as a phone, reception is often spotty when compared to other phones using the same carrier/network. As for the design, it maybe just me, but I find that while on a call, my cheek ends up dialing numbers as I'm trying to hold a conversation.

Google Nexus 4G phone

from Kent , WA

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I have the new Google nexus Phone and I love it. it is fully supported so i can get what ever APPS i want. It keeps me connected to everything quickly and easily. i can also use it as a hot spot for my other devices when i am having trouble with a signal. The signal strength is great. The volume is too low. It is hard to hear when the phone rings.

Battery Life
        The battery needs to last longer! You have to carry a charger. There needs to be an easier way to shut down the background programs

It is a little complicated for someones first phone

• Call Quality:

the new gold standard for android phones

from Forest Hills, NY

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

The Nexus S is the newest fully endorsed Google Android phone. It's manufactured by Samsung and is very similar to their Galaxy S Android phones. What's special with the Nexus S is it's the first and still the only android device running Google's newest mobile operating system, 2.3 (Gingerbread). The best part about that it's vanilla Android, without those memory consuming skins that most manufactures layer on top of the OS. Okey, I guess we can argue the usefulness of those skins but in general I really don't like them. In addition to having the latest and greatest OS, it also has a bunch of unique features that make it the must have device at the moment. It's the first implementation of Android has a near field communication (NFC) implementation that will hopefully prove to be useful with mobile payments, and a host of other contact-less mobile communications in the months to come. The screen is very vibrate and is one of the best on the market. It is one of the only screen that has a slight curve, which is suppose to enable better position when held against the face for phone calls. Other then that it has all the stuff we have come to expect in a modern smartphone: wifi, GPS, accelerometer, decent battery life, and gyroscope to name a few. Above all the single greatest reason why I like this device is because it feels surprisingly light compared to the iPhone and other popular smartphones.

• Call Quality:

Nexus S brings joy to my life.

from New York, NY

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I bought my nexus last year.

And i am very happy. I can do everything with it.

When i travel to near cities, i use GPS.

Even though Galaxy Nexus (Nexus Prime) is out, i will keep using Nexus S!

very smooth and good.

Very fast phone!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

The Nexus is is a very speedy Android phone. With the latest 1ghz processor and a powerful GPU, you should have no problem playing the latest games or using the latest apps. Unfortunately, there's a lot left to be desired about this unit. With only 16gb of internal memory and no slot for further expansion (no microsd), you are stuck with the initial 16gb. If you have a larger music collection and want to keep it all on the device at ones, you are out of luck. The phone is also designed for T-Mobile's network but does not work at the faster "4G" speeds. For being a flagship device from Google, not including the latest speeds and features is a major drawback. The phone features a contoured screen which can provide extra comfort during prolonged periouds of use. The cost of this is the lack of Gorilla Glass. The Nexus S is another in the Galaxy S line of Samsung phones, all of which feature the durable Gorilla Glass. It was sad to see it left out on this model.

Nexus S truly rocks.

from New York, NY

Comments about Google Nexus S (16 GB) Smartphone:

I had galaxy 3 for a while before i bought Nexus S... To have a feeling of android on my hands... the experience was... "love"... And when i heard google coop with samsung to release Nexus S, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.At the first glance, Gingerbread 2.3.3 kinda ruined the "love"... I was too comfortable with samsung modded froyo 2.2 of galaxy 3...

Than i got it up and running with proper settings and app... it was just great... fast w/ all the functions i needed... from playing any video files, listening to mp3, organizer, bible, games, google maps.

I live in Thailand, so i got SLCD version, which is looking very sharp and somewhat usable under sunlight as well.

As for battery goes, it lasts 18-20 hrs... so gotta charge before going to sleep. satisfactory.

you can see more details on apps and settings i have on my blog. caleb1783.tistory.com

Cheers,