Other Tablets:
Google
Nexus7
Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Easy to set up (3)

• Upgrade (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Quality oriented (3)
    • Personal (4)

Small tablet, big happy buyer

I bought a Black Friday door buster Groupon for this tablet. It was a great deal but I had never seen a Nexus and wasn’t really sure what to expect when it arrived. It took a bit of getting used to even for someone familiar with the Android OS, but after a couple of weeks I’m mostly happy with it.

My first impression of the device was that it is much smaller than I expected of a tablet. At first I was a bit disappointed by the size. I watch a lot of movies and was afraid it wouldn’t be much enjoyable to watch videos at all. My worries were erased immediately as the first thing I did was to log onto Netfilx to see how it would do. The screen is so clear it can be seen clearly at any angle. It has good sound too.

Battery Life
It has good battery life. I've been charging it at night and can get most of the day out of it with moderate usage. The screen itself takes an awful lot of battery power even at its dimmest setting and I do burn through the battery when watching movies. Even when I'm just browsing the Web the screen does also burn through the charge.

Processing Speed
It hasn't slowed me down yet. The Nexus' little processors do a great job of keeping up with me no matter the number of things I happen to be doing at once. Turning the device on and starting it up still seems too slow but that still seems to be the industry standard for mobile devices.

Weight
It's perfect. It fits into the over sized pockets of my big winter coats and I don't even notice the weight.

App Availability
Google's app store has really caught up with Apple's in terms of the usefulness. I was using an iPhone and relied on my apps more than I might like to say. This was my biggest hesitation before switching operating systems. I've found, though, that all of the apps that have become necessary to my for productivity were easily replaced. Either they were also available for the Android OS or the app store had apps that have the same functionality. The Nexus has much better, more seamless app experience for all things entertainment.

It's sleek and streamlined in appearance. The buttons aren't very visible, adding to this effect.

The device's corners are curved instead of it having square right angles. While that may help, as anyone who's dropped a mobile device on the cement and happened to catch it on it's corner can tell you (think projectile splinters). However, I did immediately order a high end case and a military-grade, shatterproof glass screen protector for it. Trust me, its worth it.

Ehhh wishing I had bought the iPad

Ehhhh yea it works but it glitches, freezes and has so many issues. On 4 different occasions I have had to call to have tech help me just to get it to turn on! It's less than a year old and yet the headphone port no longer works the speaker volume is muffled and it will take them at least 2 weeks to fix all of this and I may just end up with a new (refurbished) one there by losing all the music, pics and apps I have on this one which are IMPOSSIBLE to add to a computer to save! Even worse I bought 2 of these things one for myself and one for my daughter and hers won't cut on and they won't take it back because her screen got cracked so she now has a nice shiny black paper weight for her desk. Smh

Battery Life
Leave home on 100% make it to work (45 min bus ride) just reading a book on the kindle app because the headphone port doesn't work so can't listen to music and I'm at 5% just from reading a book! For all that I will just carry my phone and an actually book!

If this thing moved any slower I would swear it was 1989 again

Weight
Maybe if it was heavier it would actually work.

App Availability
Once it downloads it you can download from anywhere just hope you have at least an hour if you want more than 3 apps

Had 2 for less than a year one still works albeit not very well and one is now just a 32g paper weight got them for Christmas and it's not Christmas again yet.

germany

from Germany

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Hard To Set Up

• Replacement

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

Official organ of google to get the update android

• Personal

Very cool device I want to own a dozen of them

from Egypt, Alexandria, the new tower

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Powerful

• Enhance Experience
    • Replacement
    • Upgrade

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

What the grandest be easy and fast to use strong and beautiful-looking device is recommended for all persons

• Personal

Great tablet for your money

from Reston, VA

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
    • Easy To Use

Cons

• Slow

• First tablet

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

I have had this tablet for over two years. It is my first, and so far, only tablet. The first year was great, it played all the games I wanted to, and was also great as a ebook reader. I say it was because about a year ago the tablet started to be very very lagging. I have searched only for fixes, which came down to several options: the one that was mentioned the most was to root the device to fix it, I don't have the patience to do that, another option was to download an app to debug the device. That worked, but every time the device came out of sleep mode, it would lag so bad, that it would take me about five minutes to get the app to make it faster open. The third option solved it for a while (several days), it was to wipe the cache. I thought that was the solution for the sluggishness of the device, but now it is back on being slow.
    The bottom line: If you want a cheap tablet that will last you a little over than a year, this is for you. If you want something that will last you longer, then you might want to think of investing on something else. It worked great for what I needed.

• Personal

I reaaaaaalllly buyyyy it these is a dream come true

from algiers algeria

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Powerful

• Enhance Experience
      • Upgrade

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

I love these tab so much i like the dezine so much i can read book on it with very hight screen resolution ; the audio is verrry good besides the pure android and get the last android version lollipop and the stockage have a 16 gb or 32 gb these is very enough i can download apps and playyyyy high games waw perfect i love it and i dont forget the camera its perfect for picture and seflies waaaaww all thes features for law price

• Personal
      • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

One of the best tablets on the market!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

This is one of the best tablets you can buy. I love the picture quality on this tablet. I have actually given up my laptop all together as the tablet is easier on my eyes. It has an amazing sound, I am continuously impressed with how clear the sound is. The camera on it is also wonderful and a great idea. I never use a tablet as a camera as it is typically bulky and awkward but with the 323pixels/ square inch the pictures come out so so nice I can't help it. It is so fast, I feel like my apps often download instantly. This is my new favorite toy and I highly recommend it.

Battery Life
      The battery life is alright. It used a lot of power to run the graphics as crisp and clear as it does, and I like to play a lot of music which eats away at the battery. I will say it charges very fast though. Keeping a charger in my car has solved any worries I have had of running out of battery but I use my tablet all the time. For light users you will probably charge every 2 days.

Processing Speed
      Depending on wifi speed and bandwith the process speed can of course be hindered but in perfect conditions even when I run multiple apps my nexus is super fast. I use it a lot for work and in school and it is the only tablet I have found that allows me to keep up in class especially running multiple applications at once. It has helped me immensely.

Weight
      I keep this in my purse and it isn't heavy at all. My last tablet was so heavy, sometimes I worry that I left it behind. It isn't super light like a feather but it doesn't weight much more than my samsung galaxy note and you won't get tired holding it up.

App Availability
      Any app you want you can have as long as it isn't an apple exclusive. Personally, I prefer the android apps as they are usually more intuitive and customizable so I'm not missing any of the apple apps at all.

I LOVE this tablet. IT is light. The screen isn't obnoxiously huge but it isn't too small either. I am most impressed with the speaker quality - they are phenomenal. It isn't that heavy and fits into most purses.

I wouldn't give this tablet to a little kid without a sturdy case although compared to other tablets it can be dropped a few times without a problem. I did have an issue with the screen after the last time I dropped it but I bought a protection package with it and it was replaced right away without hassle. I put a sturdy case on it and I haven't had a single issue.

Adore my Nexus 7!

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

My boyfriend got me a Nexus 7 a few Christmas' ago, and I didn't think I'd even want it. Now, it can be a week or more before I open my regular laptop because I can do almost everything on my tablet. So easy and convenient, and SO FUN. I never realized how many games would be more fun on a bigger screen!

Battery Life
      Good battery life. You can definitely get a few days use out of one charge, even more if you put it on airplane mode sometimes.

Processing Speed
      Very fast! Mine's a little older so it's slowing down a bit, but if I had a newer one I know it would be faster, and when mine was brand new it was fast as a bullet.

Weight
      Very light. Easy to carry around in a purse - my boyfriend carries his in his suit pocket!

App Availability
      The Google Play store has everything you could possibly need. Productivity, games, social media - this tablet does it all.

Beautiful, slim profile. The Nexus 7 is easy to carry and handle at all times.

I've definitely fallen asleep and knocked it off the bed MANY times, and it's taken the beating.

• App Availability:

Amazing tablet at a great price

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

For the price, this is one of the best tablets available. The screen is crisp, the sound is of high quality, and it's thin and lightweight. Of course, buying a Nexus product means that the latest versions of Android are available much more quickly than other vendors. Seeing how simple pure Android is was great, even though I switched to Nova Launcher (so I could mirror what was on my phone.)

The only negatives are non-expandable memory and the non-removable battery. Battery life is decent, not great. I personally have issues with the position of the power and volume controls; being on the curved side means they need to be pushed in from a slight angle. It's certainly not a deal-breaker.

• App Availability:

Best screen w/ best price for tablet

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

Don't get caught up in all the hype about iPad this iPad that, really they all do the same thing, it just depends on what your doing most often. iPads do sometimes have more apps but android is very smooth now on 4.4 and I like this better then any other tablet device. The screen is very clear and crisp which makes you forget about the smaller size of the screen. It fits well in the hand and the back is someone grippy to hold better. Its not all metal and super slippery like some other device people use.

Battery Life
      Newest version of android 4.4.4 makes for a better battery life but if you have too many apps open or to many widgets on your screen then you will suffer from a little worse battery life.

Processing Speed
      Apps are quick to open, everything seems smooth overall. I would suggest upgrading to 4.4.4 to make things run even better.

App Availability
      Its android so anything in the app store should work

Perfect size for viewing and weight

• App Availability:

Great tablet, but does have its faults

from Costa Mesa, CA

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

I have never been interested in Apple products, so when I was in the market for a tablet, I knew I wanted a Google product. I got this as my first tablet, and purchased it from Walmart for a good price.
      The Nexus 7 has a great camera on it, and has a bright colored screen. I was really impressed by the color perception on this tablet. I have downloaded plenty of apps, and it has not slowed down my tablet at all.
      The tablet does have a few faults. The charger port is at the bottom, so it is hard to lay down and use the tablet while charging it. I recommend NOT doing this. I did this for five months, and had to send my tablet back to get the charger port fixed. The tablet was also glitchy and the battery was draining very quickly, but this was all fixed when I sent the tablet back to get fixed. Asus had my tablet for about a week before sending it back. I don't have those problems now.
      All in all, I do love my tablet but wish the charger port was in a different position. I just have to be very careful about charging it now, and I do not rest the tablet on me when it is charging.

Much better than my Kindle Fire

Comments about Google Nexus 7 Tablet:

My husband and I purchased the Google Nexus 7 Tablet after our Kindle Fire just wasn't fitting our needs. The tablet is awesome and we have had zero issues with it. I would recommend it to whoever wanted to buy a tablet and hated Apple products as much as I do. My husband is the primary user of the Nexus 7 and I tell you, he's on it all. the. time. and it has yet to die out or cause him any trouble. The battery life is exactly what you would want from a tablet. It lasts much longer than our phones. We both like that you can have the same apps that were on your phone, automatically transferred over to the tablet. One of the things that make it better than the Kindle Fire is that you can have both a Kindle app AND a Nook app plus all the added benefit of the Google Play Store. Playing games on the Google Nexus is a breeze. We are able to play some of the larger memory games that take up too much memory for our phones.