4.1
Google Chromecast Media Streamer

Google Chromecast Media Streamer

4.1

I would recommend this product to all college students

Are you a broke college student not wanting to offer up the extra money for a high end smart television, but also want the availability to stream all your favorite television shows from accounts such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube or even your parents television provider? Do you lose remotes all the time, yet your phone never leaves your side? If all or one of these is true, then the Google Chromecast is for you. The chromecast is a small compartment that can be attached to any TV, and gives you the ability to stream anything from your phone, directly onto the TV. With apps such as Netflix, Hulu, DirecTV, and YouTube-you will have the opportunity to access and watch all of these on your TV by simply using your phone as a remote.

Ease of Setup:
The setup for the chromecast is a simple, five or so-minute process that involves you plugging the attachment into your TV, downloading the Chromecast App, and following a few simple steps to connect your phone. From there, you are easily able to stream any apps you have on your phone, directly on your TV without having to leave the couch.

Simplicity:
Measuring only a few inches in size, the chromecast is a simple plug in that goes in the back of your TV, and removes the need for multiple cords and plug ins taking up your entertainment area. This chromecast will also save you money by removing the need for cable providers in general, and since most college students tend to stray towards sites such as Netflix and Hulu anyways, this product is the perfect adaptation to that.

Quality:
Often times when streaming onto a TV, the picture quality is not always great. I felt that the chromecast created an extremely quality picture on my TV when I streamed from my phone, and there were no delays in the streaming process.

I strongly recommend the Google Chromecast to any college student or young millennial with a love for entertainment streaming services. This device is the perfect way to adapt into the new industry of television, and

Novel product. Not quite developed enough.

The Google Chromecast is an interesting device. I was intrigued by the low price and the seemingly limitless opportunities for development but it appears that my excitement may have been unfounded. First of all, if you have any device such as a Roku or Apple TV or smart TV that allows you to stream Netflix, this device is redundant. Streaming Netflix is about the only worthwhile thing it can do. The feature that allows you to screen share from your laptop simply doesn’t work, which is unfortunate because this would be the most valuable feature, in my opinion. When I attempted to do it, the playback was so jittery and often frozen that it was worthless. I understand that this feature is still in beta, but after the many many months since its release, I would have expected the feature to be improved by now. Finally, the promised third-party compatability has yet to materialize for many of the promised apps.

The main benefit as I see this is that it can stream Netflix to tv with an HDMI input, and it is highly portable. I look forward to future improvements.

I would recommend this product to all college students

from Des Moines, Iowa

Pros

• Easy To Collaborate Across Programs
  • Easy to Navigate

• Multimedia

• Computer Platform:
    • Mac

Chromecast easy setup with TV

from Blythe, CA

About Me Free chromecast Setup and Help 1-855-293-0942, Market manager at chromecastdownload.com

Pros

• Easy Setup
    • Easy to Customize
    • Easy to Navigate

Cons

• Not Very Powerful

• Educational Purposes
    • Gaming
    • Multimedia

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

We can use this with other platform as well like PC, Iphone, tablet, TV and androids

• Primary use:
    • Business
    • Computer Platform:
    • Mac
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Google ChromeCast

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

This is an pretty good device to have at an excellent price. It will allow you to watch Netflix and other things without having to have to hook anything else to your tv. It is also nice to be able to control it with your pc or even your phone or tablet. The only drawback to it so far is that the cast tab function lags out quite badly if I try to do anything else on my laptop or even go to full screen.

Picture Quality
    This depends on your internet speed more than anything else.

could not be easier to use. Plug it it and start using it in a few minutes. All you have to do is get the program downloaded and get the device hooked to your internet then you are good to go.

Reliability
    Works when you want it to except for the cast tab function is slightly buggy. However this feature is still in beta, so it is to be expected.

Compatibility
    works with any tv that has an HDMI port. Some restrictions on the other end with some phones and tablets.

The device could use some more services that play through it.

Easy streaming to your HDTV

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

The Google Chromecast is a very affordable way to stream contents from your mobile deice to your HDTV. Ste up is very fast and easy on your TV, PC and Mobile. It uses your existing wireless network. This is great for people who do not have a smart TV or TV with wi-fi.

Picture Quality
    The picture can be dark at times but is good overall. Youtube movies that are already dark may be a problem. You are way better off when your using the built in casting available through some streaming sites like Netflix and Hulu. The cast will match the stream.

Plug it in and install the app, it is that simple. If for any reason it stops working just reset the unit by unplugging the USB power cord and then plug it back in.

Reliability
    Rarely it will lose connection and you have to re-cast. I have noticed the device "stutter" if the bandwidth drops from other devices on the network. Overall the device is stable and I have had very few problems. Any problems that have occurred have been easily fixed by resetting the unit.

Streaming Media: Simplified

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

It's great to be able to simply open up my laptop to stream media to my laptop. It's small enough to dangle from a keychain when it's not in use, but packs enough power to be useful. Just make sure that your wifi is powerful enough to support it. I just wish that this product would support Ethernet.

• Compatibility:

Great for watching all T.V. streaming services!

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

The Chromecast is awesome! I love the fact that a lot of what we watch can be watched on this. We stream it from our laptops, phones and tablets.

Picture Quality
    The picture quality with a decent connection is really great. We have an HD TV, and the HD quality streaming on this device is seamless!

Just plug it in and connect! The Chromecast doesn't even come with a user's manual.

Reliability
    The device does periodically disconnect between episodes. This can be troublesome if you just want to watch seamlessly, because you have to reboot it. We've had issues with intermittent disconnection since we purchased the device.

Compatibility
    If I didn't have to change episodes manually, this would be a solid ten. That being said, you can pull up almost anything on your device, connect it via the chromecast extension, and it will pull it up on your television. There is a three second delay, though, if it is not a chromecast compatible site. I recommend setting your monitor to projector mode.

Almost perfect!

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

The Google Chromecast is almost perfect. You can get it for a very affordable price. It is easy to set up. You simply take it out of the box, and plug it in to the HDMI slot on your TV and follow the instructions. I doubt this will work with older televisions. Like other similar products, you will need a wi fi network connection. You can use it with your phone, tablet, or laptop. I use it with my IPhone 5, Google Nexus 7 tablet, and MacBook Pro. It works great on all 3. You can use it with Google play, Netflix, hulu plus, YouTube, HBO 2 Go and several other apps. The picture quality is great. The sound is coming from the TV, so the sound quality is also great. My only complaint is that this product is not compatible with Amazon Instant Videos. Amazon has such a wide range of videos; it is shame that you can’t use the Chromecast to view them. The alternative to streaming from Amazon, is casting a tab. Basically you can see a mirror image of what you are seeing on your laptop. If you really want to stream Amazon Videos, this is not the device for you. The picture quality is not that great and the sound will be coming from your computer, not your Television.

Doesn't work with Amazon Instant Videos

• Compatibility:

Great for those who don't have a cable subscription

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

My husband and I have never had a cable subscription and used to watch shows over the internet by hooking up our computers to a television using an hdmi cable. This worked well until our main computer crashed, so we started researching options and came across the Chromebook and Chromecast. We purchased both and were pleasantly surprised. The Chromecast works well with many devices in addition to the Chromebook--including our iPhones, iPad, and iMac. It allows us to watch our television shows and movies quite easily, with a few downfalls, which I will elaborate below.

Picture Quality
    Because this device works over a wireless network, the images can sometimes break up and get "pixely." I rated this an 8 instead of lower because I think the frequency in which it happens has more to do with our internet speed, a slow 12 mbps, than the devices abilities. I would assume that someone with faster download/upload speeds would not find this to be a frequent issue.

The Chromecast is super easy to use (as long as you have a compatible TV.) You plug in the Chromecast to you TV, download the app to the device you are casting from, and you are good to go!

Reliability
    Occasionly, the device I am using will not pick up the Chromecast network and I will have to restart either the TV or the device/app or both. This doesn't happen very often though.

Compatibility
    The Chromecast works with most devices, but it doesn't work perfectly with all online TV subscriptions. Currently, I believe it works with Netflix, Hulu+, and YouTube. When you are in these programs, you can cast the show/movie and it will show up as full screen on the TV while you continue to use your device for other tasks as normal. (Also, on the iPhone/iPad, these are the only programs it is compatible with.)

With other programs or websites, you can only view the show at full screen if you keep the show/movie at full screen on your device. You cast the browser tab and it will show up on the TV as you see it on your screen. For example, if you cast a tab from FOX.com and make it full screen, you will see it full screen on your TV. When you escape full screen on your device, you escape full screen on your TV. You can still use your device for other activities, but you can't do so while showing the show at full screen on your TV.

Great Product for families

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

This product was a great holiday present. Its an amazing way to start using apps like youtube and netflix or hulu for people who are not technically savvy. My parents cringe at the thought of learning something new and they were scared from hearing me explain to them what it even did before we even got to how it worked. It was easy enough to install and easy enough to use that in a few short sessions they have been able to adapt to watching streaming video after years of resistance.

Picture Quality
    Good but could be better.

Easy to use as far as installation and everyday use. A little frustrating at first. My favorite thing about it though is as soon as I turn the app on it shows up on the tv. Theres no need to hit source or input like many devices.

Reliability
    I wish it had a little more steady internet. Most wifi devices will be as fast as the internet but this has been pretty on and off. This device does lag, we have not made it through an episode of a tv show let alone a movie without some lagging. The internet is a fast verizon fios so I dont know why it would be slow. Streaming from the same programs works much faster on all other devices.

Great Product

Comments about Google Chromecast Media Streamer:

This is very nice product that can compete with the Apple TV for less than half the cost. Would recommend to others.
    Fantastic device, great for fun family nights, watching netflix is simple and great, as well as casting tabs online. I purchased 2 of these items for my sons as additional Christmas gifts. They were quite pleased, and we used one of them to watch Netflix movies on our full size TV on Christmas Day. It was great!! First of all, they had no trouble downloading the Chromecast app and setting up the media player for use on our TV. Then, when they downloaded the movie and it began to play on our TV, it was amazing!...clear picture and audio! This is a fantastic little invention, and I'm sure my sons are going to enjoy using it!