Other Auto Parts:
Wheels & Tires
Goodyear
Goodyear - Wrangler Silent Armor

Goodyear - Wrangler Silent Armor

Fair tires but wouldn't buy them myself.

Comments about Goodyear - Wrangler Silent Armor:

Four brand new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires were given to me by a neighbor. I needed a new pair of tires and was just about to go purchase a set that would cost me much more than I had available at the time, when I received these. They are fair tires, but I wouldn't buy them if I had my choice. They work extremely well on dry, paved roads, are really are some of the quietest tires I've used on any vehicle. However, they start to shimmy at around the 50 mile per hour mark and sound really loud on the highway. The traction on them in wet weather has been horrible despite good year touting a rugged on and off road tire. I've never slid so much with any other tire when driving in rain and snow than I have with these. The website states that the open tread is for off-road traction. Said traction isn't good. Though there's plenty of tread left on the tires, the sidewalls are starting to crack. I've also developed a leak in the tire. Will not buy these when I go to get new tires.

Mean Lookin' Tires

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Goodyear - Wrangler Silent Armor:

These tires perform!  They are rugged and look aggressive.  They do have a little more road noise than my previous set of BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires, but nonetheless great tires.  I have them on my 2004 Ford Explorer.

Vey tough, and durable tire.

from Montpelier, VA

Comments about Goodyear - Wrangler Silent Armor:

The Wrangler Silent Armor tire is pretty much a tough tire good for all terrains.  It features a Kevlar lined sidewall to help protect from punctures.  It has an agressive looking tread that helps it get traction no matter what the terrain.  I reccomend this tire for someone who likes to go 4-wheeling, but doesn't have the money to go out and buy the hardcore tires.