3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Book your tee time online.

I am always on the look out for good deals on golf tee times in the Chicagoland area. **GolfNow.com** seems to be taking the lead in this online market. I can often find tee times with a 50% price discount! With near real-time inventory, it is easy to narrow down available tee times by geographic region, time/date, price, and number of players. Unlike some other sites, I can actually book a tee time as a single player. Yes, man with no wife or kids = unlimited golf.

Although the site is the best of its kind, it is not without flaws. I would like to see more golf courses on the site. I realize some of this is out of their control, but with well over 250 courses in Chicagoland, I only find about 45 courses on **GolfNow.com**. Like many new sites, it can have a few bugs throughout the booking process. Many times the selected tee time is suddenly unavailable on the final confirmation page. Some page refreshes are often required to get the selected tee time back in the list of availability.

Overall though, this is a solid site with a clean look and feel, an easy to use interface, and ultimately, great prices for good golf courses.

Golfnow's Savings are a complete hoax.

As most of you are aware, golfnow.com offers discounted prices at a lot of different golf courses across the USA.  However, beware this discounts can be a hoax.  Just the other day I booked a round of golf at Whitney Oaks in Rocklin, CA.  Their rate was shown at $45 with a 47% savings.  I paid the tax for 2 golfers and headed out to the course.  When I arrived I was informed that my special rate of $45 was actually the regular rate.  Not only did I not receive any savings, but I was overcharged since I had to pay the taxes for 2 online to Golfnow.  You may be saying to yourself the tax isn't bad, since after 5 online bookings your eligible to receive a free round from Golfnow.  Well, 5 bookings later here we are.  I tried to redeem this free round, which I have earned, and every tee time listed for redemption of this free round was in error and unavailable for booking.  So I called Golfnow to see what the deal was, and I was told that they were in the midst of updating their system and that it hadn't been updated since Thursday, and today is Monday.  HMMM.....Problem being they only show tee times available for redemptiom of this free round three days in advance.  Yet they claim that there are a lot of golfers redeeming these free rounds and thats the reason for the unavailable tee times.  Funny, I called the course itself and the tee time I tried to book was available at the course.  Also, a lot of the tee times listed as available for purchase aren't really available at all, since there systems update maybe once every 4 days.  If in fact there system hasn't been updated, but I am more kin to believe that they post fictitious tee times on there website with massive savings to lure in patrons, all the while not offering these at all.  I am thoroughly fed up with Golfnow.com and would hope that this review helps other fellow golfers who are merely trying to save a buck at the expense of dealing with a company that has no integrity.

UNFAIR HOTDEALS policy

from New Jersey

Comments about GolfNow.com:

Charged for no play - no refund provided as I wa snot able to play owing to rain at the time of booking + 2 hours

Terrible customer service and poor exchange policy

from Destin, Fl

Comments about GolfNow.com:

Be careful before dealing with golfnow. They are all about money and care nothing about customer satisfaction

tee times not honored

from Pompano Beach Florida

Comments about GolfNow.com:

I called in for a tee time two days in advance, The tee time was 1:45 . Upon arrival with my 3 friends we noticed a large group of people waiting. The starter told us they were behind about 20 minutes. The 20 minutes turned out to be an hour. Looked to me like an overbooking. Because of the time delay we did not finish (darkness set in) the 18 holes we paid for. I called the manager today and he gave me a rather poor explanation and even told me this could happen again. I will never play at this course again if they cannot honor tee times. No compensation was offered for this inconvenience.

I'm not using golfnow anymore

from Fort Myers, FL

Comments about GolfNow.com:

I refuse to book anymore with golfnow. I booked over 300 rounds last year and have been using this service for 13 years. I called up and ask them to wave my booking fees and got a flat out NO! The fees keep increasing every year so it won't stop until people stop booking with golf now. I can book cheaper for the first time ever by calling the course directly. Hello GOLF18, Goodbye GOLFNOW................

GOLF NOW ONLINE BOOKING CHARGE DECEPTION

from Long Island NY

Comments about GolfNow.com:

Booked a tee time at a local Long Island golf course 2 days ago through GOLFNOW.com Called and cancelled the time today and wanted to know how to get the $7.98 charge to my credit card refunded. They said sorry you should have read the fine print, booking charge is not refundable even if you don't play. NOTE TO ALL GOLFERS... Call the course directly and make your tee time for a lower cost round. No since in paying anyone $7.98 to do it for you.....

A Great Way To Find Deals, If You Know What You're Doing

from Dallas, TX

Comments about GolfNow.com:

Golf Now is an awesome way to find tee times and deals, especially for those willing to take the time and effort to do their background work. Off-season deals are better than in-season or holiday ones, so plan accordingly. If you're willing to look around, be patient and do your homework, you'll find some great deals on this site!

Very easy to use on the front end. The website is fast and efficient.

Product Selection
A great selection of courses and deals from a variety of courses from all price ranges. A truly great selection!

Product Pricing
Some of the deals are truly terrific, while others represent a small discount. Still...what's the problem? It's always cheaper than booking it through the course itself, and some of the best deals makes great courses suddenly accessible!

Customer Service
Getting help from customer service and/or refunds can be difficult, but not always. Make sure you check on weather ahead of time, since getting weather refunds can be difficult.

Always Confirm Your Tee Time

Comments about GolfNow.com:

I am celebrating a BIG birthday in 2 weeks... we booked a Tee Time thru Golf Now and received our confirmation. Because we are driving over 2 hours to the Course, and 2 friends are flying in as well, we wanted to make sure all the plans were in order. We called the Course and they said there is no way we have a Tee Time because of a Tournament. WHAT? So we called Golf Now and didn't expect to deal with someone in Customer Service with no people skills as she asked me where we were booked. Um, doesn't the reservation # show the location?? This rude person was not helpful, so I asked to speak with someone higher up. Ten minutes later, Amber answers (with an attitude). Amber stated we definitely have the Tee Time... so, I tell her that is not possible. So she calls the Course to confirm I am correct and gives us some flimsy excuse why. Unless I am mistaken isn't that ALL Golf Now does is to offer legit Tee Times?

Can you imagine if we had driven up??
Always follow up.

Customer Service
There was no customer service... it costs nothing to be nice, kind or even cordial.

Shipping and Returns
It was over an hour ago we were told we would receive an email acknowledging our cancelation because of their mixup.

Rude Customer Service

Comments about GolfNow.com:

I had some issues with the course conditions and ended up not playing golf on their misrepresented crappy course. They would not offer a refund or exchange on my purchase.

Customer Service
I spoke with several customer service representatives and they were all unfriendly and unhelpful.

Stay away!

from La Grange, KY

Comments about GolfNow.com:

bait and switch. Bait you into thinking you are getting an 18 hole price for 9 holes only, with no disclosure.

nondescriptive tee times

difficult to manuever

Product Pricing
bait and switch on the web. don't know you got 9 holes only until you pay.

Customer Service
hard to find contacts/resolve issues

Shipping and Returns
not applicable

Golfnow.com is great

Comments about GolfNow.com:

I love to golf and have used golfnow.com a few times. Whenever I book a stay at Callaway Gardens, I book a tee time through golfnow.com. You have the option of customizing your booking or select already created dates for sale. I love the experience whenever I book tee time and because of my experience I will continue to place orders on golfnow.com.

Very easy to use. Simply select your state, golf course location and purchase tee time. Booking through the site is so much easier than talking to someone over the phone and being on hold. It's faster and I can book tee time on my time.

Product Selection
They have tons of locations for my state. I can choose which ever city on the website that is available for booking. Golfnow.com is very convenient.

Product Pricing
The prices are very reasonable and they usually give good discounts.

Customer Service
Customer service is great whenever I need them. Very proficient, helpful and professional.