Other Elliptical Machines:
Gold's Gym
Gold's Gym StrideTrainer 300 Elliptical

Gold's Gym StrideTrainer 300 Elliptical

I officially hate gold's gym equipment!

from Lehighton, PA

Comments about Gold's Gym StrideTrainer 300 Elliptical:

This was my second Gold's gym product and boy am I dissapointed. My husband got me this for my birthday after we had gone through nothing but trouble with the treadmill made by the same company. I am still wondering if we are just unlucky or what. For the second time straight out of the box it was missing pieces, this time it was only hardware so that was easily straightened out. Then it took my hubby about a total of ten hours to put it together. When he finally did it was a huge dissappointment. The foot pedals are so close together it is like being tortured everytime you use it. Your knees hurt your back hurts and it is not a good pain from a good workout. When you do get a good stride going the machine walks itself rite across the room. I started on one side and within one or two minutes I was already more than half way across the room. The oddest thing about it though is that it is loud. My treadmill is quieter and that has a motor.

My advice to anyone looking to get in shape. Spend the extra money and go for a better brand. Gold's gym equipment is just not worth the little money you will spend on it.

Gold's Gym Stride Trainer 300, you get what you pay for!

from Morgantown, KY

Comments about Gold's Gym StrideTrainer 300 Elliptical:

I am not really pleased with my purchase of the Gold's Gym Stride Trainer 300. I purchased this item because the price was in my budget. I am a busy mom of three, and hardly ever find the time to workout. When I do get the time, I need something quick and easy to operate. This looked like it would be the best option. It has eight different workout programs, and a digital read out to keep up with how far you have went, how long you have worked out, and how many calories you have burned. The programs, and read outs are awesome, but there are two major problems with the machine that I could live without.

First of all is the noise level. It is very noisy, so working out while my youngest one naps, or after everyone goes to bed, is not an option. This cuts the time that I could fit a workout into my schedule by a large percentage. Also the machine needs tightening up way too often. I only get to workout in 10-30 minute bursts a few times a week. No more than I use the machine, it needs tightening AT LEAST once a week. Which cuts into my workout time as well. It seems like I spend more time maintaining the machine, than actually using it. I think this is a good example of, "You get what you pay for." It was inexpensive, but I wish I had just saved my money a little longer and gotten something a little more expensive, and a lot more dependable.