Other Treadmills:

Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Good treadmill at a Great price.

The Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill is a great option if you're on a budget. It has plenty of built-in workout programs (6 in total). Also, there is an option to put in your weight, the calories you'd like to burn, and the amount of time you'd like to workout. From this information it creates a workout for you on the spot. This treadmill is foldable and takes up virtually no space when in the folded position. I have a small apartment and it gives me no trouble whatsoever. Overall it is dark in color and fits in very well in my apartment full of black and dark finish furniture.The display is fairly large and very easy to read. All of the buttons are clearly labled and it is easy to figure out how to use it. A fan comes built in has two settings (high and low), it really does a decent job of keeping me cool, but I wouldn't rely on it if it's really warm where you are using it. There is also a reading rack, but I haven't used it. Another little gadget is the heart rate moniter. It is used by gripping two metal plates on the handle under the console. It reads quickly but I find it to be pretty inaccurate.The incline feature is very smooth and increases to a grade that is challenging so you have plenty to build up to if you are a beginner. The treadmill transitions quickly between each speed, so if you need to slow down quickly it will accomodate. The only issue I've had with the treadmill is that when I get up to a good run the tread will slip a bit under my feet. I've tried to adjust the treads with no luck, but this is a minor issue, particularly if you only plan to walk.If you need to workout at home but don't need all the bells and whistles and don't want to shell out mega bucks for equipment this is a great option.

I love this treadmill

I love my golds gym 450, I have always wanted a treadmill and I think I made a good choice with this one.  I like that you can use a preset program or you can make your own, I usually switch back and forth to keep it interesting. Some days I will even use it inclined all the way (which is a very good workout). It also is a very good way to let my dog get the exercise she needs when weather is to bad, she loves it too. Having this treadmill has made me more excited about getting the exercise I need, I actually can't wait till the next time I get to work out.  I also love the fact that it folds up so it can be out of the way when it is not in use. I not only use it for exercise but as a way to destress also, when I have a bad day, I just come home and jump on the treadmill for 30 minutes and turn up the music and the stress just melts away.  I would recommend this treadmill to anyone who is even just thinking about a treadmill, You will love it.

Herd of Elephants

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

I wrongly assumed that because it had the Gold's Gym brand new on the label that I was making a high quality purchase. Sadly, I was mistaken. Lesson learned; I did not keep my Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill for very long.
This treadmill seems lightweight, which at first appears to be a good thing. However, when you consider the force with which was my body was pounding down as I ran, especially when sprinting, lightweight was the opposite of what I needed.
For a light to moderate jog, which is the test I gave it in the store, the treadmill was fine. So, for those who merely intend to walk, this is a fine purchase.
However, I use my treadmill for interval running when the weather outside is either too hot or too cold (or too polluted). As soon as I got to a running speed, I question the integrity of the treadmill and its ability to stay intact as I began to run faster.
It certainly could not handle my sprints and made it sound as though a herd of elephants were coming through.

A great treadmill

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

Golds gym 450 treadmill is a great piece of equipment to own. We have a small at home gym and I love spending time there. It is so important for me to love the equipment in my gym to keep me motivated and I really do enjoy using the golds gym 450. I like using a treadmill for the colder months. I found that I was getting quite lazy when it was winter and the treadmill keeps me motivated. If you want to stay active and invest in a high quality piece of equipment I would highly recommend this particular machine. I like that this machine has pre programmed workouts to choose from. You can also make your own workout but I like that it gives you the option. Also you can track your calories on this machine and that helps a lot to know how much your doing. You can also track your distance.

Great performance.

This treadmill is very easy to use.

A very durable machine.

His treadmill does take a lot of space but if space is not an issue than it should be fine.

Golds gym 450 Treadmill: Excellent machine

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

This is the third treadmill I have owned. The first was really cheap and didn't last very long, the second was a great machine, we just simply wore the motor and belt out due to excessive use. I purchased this brand from Walmarts and I'm glad I did. The Gold's gym brand is a great value for an awesome machine. Some of the key features are a small fan, nice to keep you cool, a heart rate monitor(I've never used this feature, but I'm aware of it), pre-installed workouts, I think there are 6, trays to hold water bottles, and an incline feature to increase your workout. The ever important safety feature of the emergency stop button is also a bonus. The machine is not too large and it does fold for storage. This is also nice for the impact factor, it cushions your legs better than other treadmills. This is a great machine for those who enjoy walking or jogging, not sure it's right for serious runners, just not rugged enough. Overall, worth the money for a good, dependable machine!

Comfort
Nice impact control

Standard, with few extras

Very durable

Nice looking

Gold's Gym 450 Is Great For Exercising & Fun

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

Gold's Gym 450 is a cool machine to exercise on. I have a lot of fun using it when I need to get and stay in shape. I like to walk on it the most. Walking is the best thing for my body and my joints. I don't like to jog or run. You can jog or run if you want to, but that is not for me. I like to adjust the speed of it to a level that makes me feel comfortable. This treadmill lets me put in my weight, and I can tell it how many calories I want to burn off. I don't like to stay on the treadmill for long, so I can set that too. I like to blast my favorite songs from the radio or from my cd player while using it. It makes time fly. I can see results in less than three weeks. I usually lose about 10 pounds over a 3 week period. I can fit some of my favorite jeans again. My jeans are a little too big now. This treadmill is a nice size, and easy to use too. I like almost everything about this treadmill. I think the color and the design of this treadmill is very cute. I wish the price was lower, but it is worth the money. I give "Gold's Gym 450" 4 stars.

• Comfort:

My best friend is a treadmill

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

Gold's gym 450 treadmill is a excellent product. After I had my son I needed to lose weight fast. I lost all of my baby weight plus an extra 10 pounds. I was the hottest mom on the block. Everyone who saw me told me there was no way I lose 50 pounds in 6 months. I told them it was Gold's gym 450 who helped me. I saved gym membership and walking to the gym. It was much easier working out at home.

I love the design. It is very simple.

• Comfort:

What an excellent treadmill!

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

Everything about this treadmill is awesome. From its' durability to be folded up within a matter of seconds taken up limited space in a room, to the smoothness of the tread while walking or running. This machine meets and exceeds all of my expectations, especially the low amount of sound it makes.

• Comfort:

It is good for beginners and everyday use.

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

This treadmill helps me exercise. It is very easy to install. I need some motivation and this helps motivate me to get fit. I need to get it and healthy and this will help you achieve great results. It performs well and easily.

• Comfort:

Outstanding workout for indoor walking.

from Ramseur, NC

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

I purchased this unit for my mother to use after her doctor told her she needed to walk more after a hospital stay. I sit it up and asked her everyday had she been using it to which she amswered she was afraid to walk on it by herself so either ,e or ,y sister started walking with her. I have to say this threadmill does a much better job than some of the more exspensive models I have used at the gym. The speed and elevation are much easier to use as you are walking along and changing the pace and elevation without looking to see what you are doing. Even my mother who thought she should start out at the slowest speed was turning it up tp a faster pace during her first walk.

My 21 year old son gave the threadmill a real workout several times before leaving for his basic training in the Air Force by cranking up the speed and elevation for a two mile run. After six months of daily use we could not be more pleased with the performance it has given.

I love my treadmill

from Bloomer, WI

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

I bought my treadmill last june for my birthday and I couldnt ask for a better treadmill. It has different programs that I can use to switch things up or I can walk/run from 1-10 mph at an incline from 1-10%. It keeps track of calories burned, distance, and even your pulse which is great. I also has a fan on it which I don't usually use, but it's come in handy a few times. There are many different brands of treadmills out there but I'm glad I went with Gold's Gym.

This is a great treadmill

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Gold's Gym 450 Treadmill:

This treadmill is really good.  I have never bought a treadmill before this one and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of it.  I was concerned when I bought it because it required assembly, however, the directions were very clear and it did not come in many different parts.  I feel safe when I run on this treadmill because it has an emergency stop (in case you fall off or can not keep up with the pace that you set).  It has just the amount of setting I need to complete the workout that I like to do.  I am not sure that this is the right treadmill for everyone as the incline only goes to 10% and it only has about 6 programs on it.  So, if you are an intense runner/trainer you may want to go with the more expensive models.  But Gold's Gym brands are great and the shock absorbancy is perfect for my knees.  My only complaint is that the speakers for the MP3 do not go very high.  Other than that, I think this product gives you what you pay for and a little bit more.