View more dehumidifiers

DH30
GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier

GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier

3.4

Turn on the dehumidifier.

I own one of these and it works Great. It keeps running and pulls water from the humid air in our basement quickly. If you have a musty smelling room, get one of these and you will be happy. The tank for the water is easy to change and you just put the machine on auto and it does the job. We have a flood in our basement when it rains a lot and this little machine really did the trick getting the air back to normal.

Efficient, but heats up the room!

This was the cheapest dehumidifier we could get at Home Depot. We have a finished basement in our small house so we thought it was good enough.

While it does...Read complete review

While it does the job, and frankly is powerful enough for our size house, it kicks out so much hot air that in the hot summer months, I really feel my AC has to make up for it. I figure my energy costs are twice what the dehumidifier consumes as a result.

Dehumidifiers can get expensive, so if the hot air isn't an issue, this is a decent unit to buy. It's dependable and I don't think it needs to be emptied too often.

I do wish it would shut off a little easier. It seems when I turn it on it runs until it's full. I guess our place is that humid!

does the job

from Maineville, OH

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

this humidifier works great and does a really good job removing liquid from the air.  I use it in my basement of my new home.  The newly poored concrete is still releasing a lot of moisture, so the basement gets very humid and can be very muggy.  I leave this running as much as possible to reomove all of that humidity.  It works very well.  The downsides I can think of is taht it is a bit noisy, but for me that is fine because I keep it in the basement which is not living quarters for my family.  The tank fills up very quick and has to be emptied twice a day if I want to keep it running constantly,. as my basement floors cure more, this will hopefully not be the case.  If you have a drain in the area you plan on placing the humidifier I advise that you hook up the draining mechanism so you are not constantly hasseling with emptying the things.  It does have a nice smooth look, I would recommend this.

good invention

from Chicago Heights, IL

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

goldstar dehumidifier works great taking water out of the air

from Coffeyville, KS

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

The goldstar dehumidifier gets more water out of the air, then any dehumidifier I seen any way.The goldstar is very very quite' you might hear a little hum  now and then. but overall the goldstar is very well priced and really good at doing it's it job.very good job

GOD BLESS

Judy K Miller

Turn on the dehumidifier.

from Lake George, NY

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

While it works it works really well, we have had to replace two.

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

While it works it works really well, we have had to replace two. They both lasted about 1 1/2 years but it does work well. As far as quiet it is in our basement and so the noise is not really bothersome but there is some noise to it.  It is amazing how much water it accumulates.

I love this...it collects ALL the water

from York, PA

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

this dehumidifer is great!  I bought it for my basement.  i have to empty it out everyday, because i dont have a subpump, but it will shut off when it is filled.  i can not believe how much water is in a basement-this machine works GREAT!!!  The unit is very small so i have it in the corner of the basement(away from all walls though) and it is amazing!!

Wet air a thing of the past

from Stonewall, OK

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

My house is very damp.  The new windows installed last year at quite a bit of money are always fogged over when the weather starts to get colder.  This dehumidifier did a good job of drying the air.  The motor is basically silent and the water holder is easy to get to.  My electric bill has not increased much, so I assume it is energy efficient.

Works for One Summer

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

We bought this unit for our basement at Home Depot. It worked for just under 4 months, then one day went down to empty the bucket and nothing.....never came back on. The warranty period elapsed before I had time to scream at someone at GoldStar....so we are stuck into buying another.  I will let you know how the search goes, but don't buy anything from these idiots.

Efficient, but heats up the room!

from Addison, IL

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

it worked for a week and then died. don't buy it.

from Barrington, NH

Comments about GoldStar Pint Dehumidifier:

I bought a Goldstar dehumidifier for my basement.  It filled up the bucket every day for a week but then died and won't come on.  The auto shut off light remained on but a reset didn't work.  I wouldn't buy another.