2.8
Appliance Websites, Home and Garden Websites
Goedekers.com

Goedekers.com

2.8

Number 1 Direct, delievered, I will be back for more appliances.

I am back to review my second purchase from Number1Direct (N1D).  As I stated in earlier review from my first purchase from N1D, I found them in a Google search of the model number of the product that I was looking for.  They of course had the lowest price. So I read a bunch of reviews on them, it seems either people have 5 out of  5 or 1 out of 5 as far as ratings.  Either people love them or hate them.  Here is what I think.  People that love them, have purchased large items on the internet and know that to get such a low price there is a bit more leg work required. Maybe calling and checking in on it, having it get damage in shipping, etc.  N1D's website states to check the item for shipping damage and refuse shipment if it is damaged. These are all things that come along with ordering on the internet, and saving up to $1000+ on appliances. I will say that they order status software needs to be replaced as I stated with my first purchase the same holds true for my second purchase. My status says processing and I already have my washing machine installed and working.  I worked with a customer services rep I will call “A” and she was more than fantastic about tracking my order and updating me with status information. When I called in to inquire about the order, she was very friendly and she told me when she had an update she would email me.  The next business day I received an email stating that I would be getting a call from the freight driver.  Before the end of the day I received this call and scheduled delivery of the item. Within 20 days of placing my order I received my washing machine as described.  Before I placed my order I called and asked about availability and the sales rep at the time, stated that it would take roughly a week longer than normal to receive the washing machine that I wanted.  His timing was right on the money as it took almost 3 weeks to arrive. My delivery driver was very helpful and friendly.  I am more than happy with my overall experience, so much that I plan to buy the rest of my kitchen appliances from them. For those that hate them I can only conclude that they are used to buying appliances at a local store, which of course is a totally different experience.  If you read all of the information on the website, they try to prepare you for how their process goes. 7-14 days is normal time to receive a tracking number, and of course then there is the shipping time. This company tries to set the right expectations.  I think that a lot of the poor reviews are from unmet expectations.  Possibly the hassle of sending back a damaged item and having to wait for a replacement is what caused this unhappiness, or delay of items.  I work in customer service and I know that it is hard to please all of the people all of time, but they did a great job by me. If you want a different experience or your item overnight, order somewhere else, like a local store. The only thing that prevented me from giving 5 stars, is their online tracking software; However, when I called in to get the status, my customer support Rep A, did a fantastic job of keeping me updated. Just as a disclaimer as I see in other reviews that the positive ones must be written by employees:  I do not work for them nor am I am paid by them in any way. I just want to see them get a fair shake.

For the second time a very satisfied customer,

Matt B

NUMBER1DIRECT IS TERRIBLE!

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BUY FROM THESE JERKS!

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BUY FROM THESE JERKS!

First ordered four appliances in January 2010 totaling almost $3,000, but saleperson screwed up my delivery instructions. When I called about getting delivery later they told me they damaged my refrigerator and ordered another one.   When I called them when it did not show up they said they couldn't get one by June 1 when my house was to be finished. This turned out to be a false statement based on their own notes.  I cancelled my refrigerator and got another refrigerator in five days from another firm, but said to Number1Direct to send the other three appliances (BIG MISTAKE! as they did not). My builder got a call on delivery sent two guys to my house for four hours, but they never showed up with the appliances. When I called Number1Direct they gave me a trucking company phone number, but they never heard of them. I again called and they now said they damaged my stove and ordered a new one which would be in Friday and shipped out Monday. When I called on Monday it had not been shipped. I called again several times and on Wednesday they claimed in a written EMail it had been loaded on truck. It was a lie. I had threatened to complain to Better Business Bureau and did with no results. I also sent an EMail to their owner with absolutely no response. On Thursday I called again and sent EMail threatening to file criminal complaint with US Attorney for Missouri. On Friday I again called and threatened the criminal complaint and again was told items were loaded on truck. It should also be noted they sent me a copy of my invoice with their notes on some of my calls and their actions which revealed that they made numerous false statements to me on the telephone according to their own notes. NEVER deal with this company as it is a crap shoot whether you will ever get your products delivered. It should not be required to threaten criminal prosecution and file complaints with the Better Business Bureau to get a company to deliver merchandise they have been paid for months ago ON 5/25/10 FINALLY JUST GOT DELIVERY FROM TRUCKING COMPANY WHO SAID NUMER1DIRECT HAD GIVEN THEM WRONG ADDRESS. UNFORTUNATELY TWO OUT OF THREE OF THE APPLIANCES WERE DESTROYED BY SHIPPER! TO CAP IT OFF NUMBER1 HAS NOW CHARGED ME A DELIVERY CHARGE BECAUSE I REFUSED TO ACCEPT DAMAGED GOODS, DESPITE THE FACT THAT DELIVERY ON THE ITEMS I ORDERED WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE. THEIR RATING SHOULD BE BELOW ZERO!  MANY OTHER NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON INTERNET ABOUT THIS COMPANY!  RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY!

Expensive, but Quality

from Utah

Comments about Goedekers.com:

We were looking for a full shower when remodeling a bathroom, and we found a quality one on Goedekers.com that has worked well so far and seems like it will last for several years.

The site is easy to navigate to particular types of products, and it is nice to see an easy-to-find "scratch and dent" section that has somewhat used and/or damaged products at a discounted price (they are pretty upfront about the condition of the products).

Product Pricing
This site is quite expensive, although the cost should be compared to the quality of products. We used it for this particular project because we were aiming to remodel a bathroom in a new (to us) house that we planned to live in for several years, and we wanted good quality. But if we were looking for a cheaper fix, then we would have gone elsewhere, because this site can be quite expensive.

Customer Service
We wanted to check into the condition of a "scratch and dent" product, and they were very honest and upfront about what condition it was in.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

I have no complaint and would recommend them to anyone.

Comments about Goedekers.com:

This is my third purchase with number1Direct.
The first order came with a damaged refrigerator caused by the shipper
and I receive credit for it.
The second order was just fine.
This is my third order.
I have spent about $12,000 with them

I had a horrible experience

Comments about Goedekers.com:

I had a horrible experience. They are priced low, but you pay dearly for it. They have grown their business by low prices, but they have not built their support operations for the volume of business they have. So, get a low price, but be ready for NO CUSTOMER SERVICE !! I had to press the button for new sales just to get someone on the phone because no one answers the existing sales customer service. And forget about getting your product in a timely manner !!

Awesome deal and awesome experience!

Comments about Goedekers.com:

Why all the negative reviews? I admit that individual experiences vary and these reviews worried me, but I had an awesome experience! I needed 6 appliances for a beach house. I purchase anything I can on the Internet since I find the local box stores to be pricey and I don't like to pay shipping or taxes. I shopped the HHgregg, Best Buy, Sears (and Surplus), etc. All were $100's more in price. I shopped USAppliance and other sites, but for the whole package (Frigidaire Gallery fridge, gas range, dishwasher, over range micro and washer/dryer) Number1direct was hand down cheaper. I caught a holiday sale and placed my order. I did it over the phone and they honored the holiday pricing. They verified that everything was in stock with the manufacturer. THIS IS THE KEY! If only 1 item is back ordered, then nothing ships. I'm surprised at the negative reviews of those who had to wait. Verify stock before you order or expect to wait and don't whine about it! They told me 3 weeks. I called a few days short of 3 weeks and got wonderful customer service. She called the manufacturer to verify status. She verified that they had left the manufacturer and were in route. The next day I got a call from the shipper and everything was delivered 2 days later. Check the items. Mine were fine. Will certainly buy from them again. Based on my experience, I highly recommend them. Always got a live person when calling, never a long wait, always respectful and wanting to help.

Great prices, worth the wait!

Comments about Goedekers.com:

I felt the need to write this review after so many negative reviews. We ordered a double oven, gas cooktop, 2 burner modules, a refridgerator, and a dishwasher from Number1Direct. We saved $4,000 by going with them. All of our appliances arrived approximately 4 weeks after we placed the order. We knew it would take a while since we weren't purchasing them locally and were ok with that since we were saving so much. Our appliances arrived in great condition and look beautiful. Our customer service experience was always pleasant and we never had a hard time getting anyone on the phone. You need to understand the supply chain to know why these take a while. It is worth the wait and we are very apppreciative of this website!

Slow shipping, bad customer service, buy from someone else

Comments about Goedekers.com:

Do not believe the shipping timeline. Do not expect your products quickly and be willing to wait 1 month or longer to receive them. Allow at least 1 or 2 weeks additonal time. Savings not worth it. Customer service is terrible.

Bait and Switch Artists

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Goedekers.com:

They lie about free shipping, only to demand an undisclosed shipping surcharge after they give you a firm, fixed total price and you pay for the merchandise. As many have attested to on this site, their customer service is the worst. The supervisors are apparently trained to deflect customer complaints about their dishonest policies. Don't waste your time trying to speak to a supervisor; you'll get nowhere. I suspect only the most treacherous, hold-the-party-line underlings are promoted.

I buy a lot of stuff online. My experience with this crafty,dishonest company was the worst of any. Save yourself a lot of grief by buying from some other merchant who values honesty in marketing and keeps their word.

Savings Not Worth the Trouble

from Issaquah, WA

Comments about Goedekers.com:

Lots of online sellers offer prices very nearly as competitive as Number1Direct AND they'll price match. After my personal experience with N1D, I would advise that you ask another seller to do just that -- match their price. I ordered and paid for nearly $10K of appliances the first week of July so that I would have them the 2nd week of August to install in our new home.

I was notified within a week that the wall oven/micro unit was on back order till August 2. That still fell within my timeline. On Aug 2, with no ceremony at all, I receive a form email stating that the item is still on back order and not expected to be delivered until the 2nd week of September. Not OK any more. I called to cancel the product and they asked for a couple more days to get a status update -- it never came, of course. I emailed and told them to just cancel the oven and send everything else immediately so it would be received in a timely manner. They apparently had ordered nothing else and finally did so on that day. We finally received the remaining products on 8/18, more than 5 weeks after they'd taken my money for everything.

I wasn't there when the products arrived but the installer signed for them -- the boxes were all undamaged. Sadly, the dryer was nearly destroyed inside its pristine packaging. I took pictures and immediately contacted N1D -- I got a customer service rep who told me to take more pictures and document the damage, sending it to a hotmail address rather than their corporate website address. Strange, but OK... I waited for a day and then called again -- they wanted more pictures. I took and emailed them that day. They said they'd get back to me. A week later, I called them again. No, they wouldn't replace the dryer even though the entire top back corner was crushed approximately 2" down into the housing of the dryer. They were just going to send parts and it would take a little while to figure out what would be required.

They steadfastly refused to replace the dryer, stating that parts were being ordered and would be shipped as soon as they arrive. Mind you, a whole new top and a 3-sided case (everything except the dryer's front) plus some other minor parts were necessary. I eventually got a UPS delivery of a 5x8 padded envelope with a tiny metal part in it -- that was what they thought would fix the damage even after I sent them the dozen pictures they wanted.

That day they agreed that they would replace the dryer. That was around the 14th of September. We were moving in on the 28th. They wouldn't send the new one until the old one came back to them and they said they would send someone for "pickup". I called and called, no one came to pickup -- after I threatened to go to the Missouri State Attorney General, a freight carrier called to schedule pickup. But they wouldn't pick it up without it being packed -- something that the customer service rep never said I was required to do. It's semantics, perhaps, but sending someone for "pickup" vs. sending someone to "ship it back to us" would definitely get a different response from me.

I had to go to a local appliance store and beg for a box to repack the thing in. Two days later I called/left messages and emailed that it was ready. A week later, I was still calling. They stopped answering the 800 number when I called -- I think they must have caller ID because it was consistent. I had to go online and search for the direct number to their brick and mortar location and attacked them that way. I finally got action after telling them that if I had to call one more time, I was going straight to the AG and the local television "action line" people. Even though they knew that our household includes a bed-bound/wheelchair bound family member who requires a ton of laundry done to care for them, they never even ordered that dryer until the last week of September and we didn't get it until the middle of October.

It is absolutely unconscionable that they take your money immediately and then don't send items in a timely fashion. Their processes are broken and the reviews online are clear that it's not people unfamiliar with online buying who are having problems resulting from those broken processes. I also think they play the "religion card" to a fine fare thee well by putting a statement on their site: "We believe everything we do should be for the greater Glory of God. Our priority is to serve our fellow man to the best of our ability. We want our customers to see Christ in us and everything we do."

That is NOT my experience, to say the least. Not an ounce of responsibility, humility or compassion for our situation in any one of the people I dealt with. Promise after promise made and broken. Stories about products being back ordered when I was able to cancel that product off my order and get it from another online seller within 5 days and in perfect condition. I could have ordered my appliance package from so many people -- I should have paid more attention to the negative reviews when I researched instead of spending such a larger chunk of time focused on the prices. Because sometimes, you get what you pay for (not always) and in this case, the $200 bucks overall I saved over the next lowest seller wasn't worth the aggravation. Period.

Be Aware!!!

from Yonkers, NY

Comments about Goedekers.com:

Everyone should be aware of this store they will try to sell you damaged and used appliances, in my case i bought washer and drier and they both came damaged , i didnt make a big deal about drier , but the washer was dented all around like somebody was playing soccer with it , so they replace it with the new one witch it came even worse!!! all dented on the stainless still part front and top , and than i realized the water marks inside the machine and the glass on the door had hair scratches like is been used and cleaned lots of time, i am trying to get full refund from them i hope it workout, and NEVER even visit their site, and if you try to talk to a costumer service its all bunch of rude liars.I just wish i checked the store reviews before i bought my stuff, because they don't have none good reviews.... SOO I ABSOLUTELY DONT RECOMMEND THIS STORE TO BUY APPLIANCES!!!

Shipment never ships

from Owasso, OK

Comments about Goedekers.com:

I ordered a Lea Springs Garden metal twin bed on June 5, 2011. I started e-mailing and calling around the 3rd week. I received an e-mail which said, "Your bedroom set comes directly from Lea so they should be giving you a call this week." I never received a call from Lea. I tried calling several times to the 888 number provided, but never actually talked with anyone. However, I was given the option of leaving a message. I finally decided to go thru the extension for purchasing furniture and was immediately put to a real person. He told me they had e-mailed their shipper but had received no answer as of July 5. At that time I decided to cancel the order. By the way, they debited my card immediately when I ordered the item so they had my money for 30 days and I had nothing but a hassle.