3.4
Other Paints:
Glidden
Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties)

Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties)

3.4

• Ease of Appliation:

It is just thick enough not to drip easily and covers well.

I love this paint! I got a sample of Glidden paint for one of the rooms in my home.  My walls were white wallboard with a pattern design in mauve, navy blue and sea green. Because the pattern is so dark, I was afraid that I would need to paint it with a primer before I painted it the color of my choice. I was using the paint in a small area of the room, so I decided to use the sample I got without a primer just to see how it would cover. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to cover the surface of my choice with very little effort. It has a creamy texture and went on smoothly. It dried with a beautiful eggshell finish that fits the room perfectly. Painting can be so much work.  It was a nice surprise to have such great results, that took less time and effort. The sample I received was one pint.  The paint is so rich, I believe I can finish my room with another quart. That is less then a gallon of paint for an entire room. This is some great paint! It is thick enough not to dip easily and it covers well.

Pretty but not high quality (Paint + Primer)

Over a year ago I decided to paint my bathrooms. I used Glidden Rainwater in one and another brand/color in the other. I bought the same amount of paint in each product. The 2nd one is considered a "higher quality" paint so it cost a little bit more. I used TWICE as much Glidden paint as the other and the bathrooms are exactly the same size. It took 3 coats to cover the other paint and the other paint wasn't dark or anything. It was a very light peach color. The paint itself seemed very thin, almost watery. I blew it off as maybe the paint wasn't mixed properly.

Two years later we had to repaint the entire house because of a flood. My contractor decided to us Glidden. Thankfully we had a set price because he had to buy twice as much paint to paint the house than what he estimated. He said he will never use Glidden again. He used another brand on an extra room we added and said he can totally see a difference. So while the color looks nice once completed we used way more than I think was necessary. I would not recommend this paint to anyone.

patches

from Scranton,Pa.

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Low Odor

Cons

• Messy
  • Uneven Coat

• no good

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I bought the satin geranium red because i fell in love with their advertisement picture. To my horror and disappointment it didn't fully cover solidly. It is patches of light and dark. So, it has a messy appearance. They should not have called it geranium red, which doesn't tell us much. It is an orangey tomatoe red. Unlike their red red advertisement picture . It's so hard to paint when youre overweight and 50 years old and your legs hurt. Who wants to paint another coat? I can barely do the one!!! My advice is don't buy glidden. you will be disappointed.

This paint is horrible

from Bellefontaine OH

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

Cons

• Uneven Coat

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

After 3 coats of paint, still did not cover well. Now have to purchase another brand of paint to do the job properly. Waste of time and money.

Thick finish coating, covers surfaces easily.

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I used this paint to paint a couple wicker chairs and a wicker table we have in the dining room. I liked the fact that it had a semi gloss finish, which would allow for a nice shine and finish, without being too bright. I also loved the extensive color selection Gilden had to offer, as well as the mix and match color wheel you could use, to help you find the perfect color finish.

With this paint, I found it to be a little thicker than most varnishes, or glossy paints; this not only covered the chairs and table easily, it also turned a job that would otherwise take a few coats to complete, one single coat, and only about thirty minutes to dry out after the chairs and table were painted.

It is a thicker paint, it dries quickly, it comes in several color varieties, shades, and customized color selection. All this, and it is a long lasting paint, which has been on our table and chairs for about one year now, with no signs of wear, chipping, cracking, or other fading concerns.

• Ease of Appliation:

I've had mixed feelings but overall a good paint.

from West Virginia

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I love some of the varieties of glidden I've used. I recently bought a semi gloss and then a latex paint. The latex variety didn't hold up so well because it kept peeling when I scrubbed the walls but the semi-gloss worked wonders. The semi gloss paint is easy to apply, it goes on smooth, and it doesn't need a primer unless you're trying to cover something extremely dark.

Quality
      I really liked the semi-gloss paint I purchased. I didn't have to keep stirring it and the two buckets I purchased both seemed to have a smooth color and went on easily. The color was the same between the two buckets as well and I didn't end up with a noticable color difference on my wall.

I've literally took a brush and scrubbed the walls after using the semi-gloss paint. It's held up just fine without peeling or taking any color off the walls. This stuff holds up well to even bleach and magic erasers.

Coverage
      I have had no issues with this paint. It holds up just fine. I got great coverage over light and medium colors. With a darker color, I used a primer but it did just fine with one coat and then an extra just in case.

Ease of Appliation
      It's very easy to apply this paint. It does seem a bit thicker than other paints I've used but it worked out to my benefit and I didn't have to keep layering the paint on.

Glidden interior paint

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Glidden makes a really high quality interior paint that comes in many different finishes. My favorite is eggshell, gives my walls a slight shine and makes them easier to wipe down from my kids dirty hands. You can get this paint in pretty much any color you can think of. As for odor, it's paint, it's going to smell. I always paint with the windows open and I find that Glidden paints don't smell for long, usually after a few hours the smell as faded almost completely. It covers really nice and I usually only need two coats and I don't use primer either. This paint goes on nice and smooth and looks really nice.

Quality
      It is a nice high quality paint. Not thin and watery like some interior paints can be.

Holds up well to my kids who are very destructible! They get all kinds of dirt and yuck on my walls, I am always having to wipe the walls and the paint looks great.

Coverage
      Covers nicely with two coats. I paint over old colors all the time and still only need two coats. Goes on thick and hides imperfections well.

Ease of Appliation
      Rolls on pretty easily, you do have to go slow or your walls will not like good.

• Ease of Appliation:

Don't waste your money to time with this product!

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I will never purchase Glidden duo paint again. New construction. Used the glidden Pva drywall primer as suggested by Home Depot. Bought the paint and a week later the paint is peeling off the wall. Literally. Bought gallons of this crap. Now what. Valspar?

Coverage
      Contact me if you want pictures or a video.

• Ease of Appliation:

better look and coverage painting with skim milk

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Ceiling paint is the worst thing since cancer. Small section of ceiling in one room 10x20 needed one gallon of paint and 4 coats. Still looks streaky I will not buy another gallon of ceiling. Wall paint inside and out seems ok though.

remains to be seen, might look better if it fell off though.

Coverage
      Should be a neg really. Skim milk would cover better!

Ease of Appliation
      Whoever heard of 4 coat coverage this is a first for me. I am so mad I took the time to warn others with reviews.

Terrible coverage

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Tried it for the first time to redo my kitchen walls. Cleaned the walls thoroughly before applying but can't seem to get the adhesion/coverage that I have with other paints. Always seems to be streaks or areas where the previous paint shows thru.

Ease of Appliation
      Difficult to apply and doesn't go on evenly

• Ease of Appliation:

Bad paint. Don't waste your money or time.

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

The white paint we used will not even cover white paint!!! I painted a ceiling 3 times!!!! What a pain, literally.

Quality
      There is no quality! Obviously the manufacture has never painted with this paint. Obviously there is no quality control.

If the durability isn't any better than the coverage, I expect it to fall off the wall by tomorrow night.

Coverage
      Coverage, what is that? Glidden has no clue.

Painful.

• Ease of Appliation:

Promised a lot but did not deliver

Comments about Glidden Interior Paint (All Varieties):

We wanted to repaint the rooms in our house that the kids have marked on so we researched color schemes. For the amount of wall we had to cover, we decided to go with Glidden since it was cost effective. They promised a base coat and color in one application. The pictures they showed in the store seemed to make it look like it was a great buy. Brought it home and it really seemed to cover over the dark marks. The color was rich and I was happy with it. Then about 2 months I noticed the pen marks bleeding through the color. I knew it wasn't fresh marks, since they were the same drawings I was trying to cover up. Seems like 2 coats of paint wasn't enough.

Quality
      The colors are fantastic, but it didn't live up the hype of base coat and top coat in one application.

There is already bald spots from us rubbing against the walls going up the stairs.

Coverage
      It covers easily, but it seems like the pigments aren't strong enough to STAY covered.

Ease of Appliation
      Just like any paint, it can be a pain to spread evenly with or without rollers.