3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Great Scent That Gets Rid of Odors

I really love having friends over to my home for dinner or to watch movies, but I hate the way my carpet starts to smell when the windows have been shut and it is really hot outside.  This **Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash** is the perfect way to get rid of odors on your carpet and give yourself confidence in the look and smell of your home.  The product is super easy to use and the fresh berry scent lasts a long time.  Just sprinkle the product on your floor and make sure to concentrate on any areas that may be stained or foul smelling.  After a few minutes it is time to vacuum and the great berry scent will shine out and fill the room.  I love how great the room smells after using this and the scent is clean and fresh and not too strong.  This product is great for getting rid of musty smells on the carpet and is perfect for anyone who may have pet or smoke odor.  I love using this product a few times a week and it definitely keeps odors away and fills my home with an amazing berry fragrance.

Great smell; bad for carpet...

I will say that I have used this product many times in the past.  The smell is great...fresh, covers odors, long lasting.  However, over time, this product builds up in your carpet.  Last winter, when I rented a carpet cleaner, I was mortified at the white, powdery residue that was filling up the tank.  After cleaning the carpets, we were left with very noticable white streaks throughout our new, Berber carpet.  The carpet cleaner suctioned the powder to the surface, but, the powder just would not come alll the way clean.  I ran the carpet shampooer over our carpets several times, and it wouldn't budge.  Now, even though I haven't used the product in almost a year, each time I vacuum, my vacuum cleaner fills with white powder.  I'm sure this isn't good for my vacuum cleaner, and I know that it can't be good for my family's allergies either.  Again, the smell is great, but, if you care about your carpets, vacuum, or allergies, I'd suggest a different product.

Works well

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

I like this Glade air freshener because you can do two things at once; vacuuming and air freshening. Not only does the freshener work on your carpets which rarely get any scent, it also disperses its fragrance into the room's air. It is such a small trace of powder that it does not affect your breathing in any way. It also has another pro; it helps keep your vacuum smelling wonderful because the powder collects inside the tubes and bag or canister. Even weeks after vacuuming you can still smell the fragrance when changing or emptying the vacuum. The smell from the Glade powder lasts for a long time after sprinkling it on your carpets meaning you do not have to use it every single time you vacuum. The only problem is the way the canister is designed. It is hard to get a very even sprinkle of the powder on the carpet because it comes out in very large lines. It would be better if the top had a greater number of smaller holes to disperse when pouring it out.

Glade Carpet Freshener is a great product

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

I really like Glade Carpet freshener. I have used it for years and have probably tried every scent they make. I am not particularly fond of the more floral scents, but the berry scent isn't that bad. I most likely will not choose this one again, because I prefer the more spicy smells. That doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend it though. It just depends on your own aromatic preferences. Aside from the choice of fragrance though, the actual product itself is really good. It's easy to use by simply sprinkling the powder form the top of the container, directly onto your carpet. you immediately have a very strong and pleasing smell that permeates a large area of the whole house, even if you only use it one room. I usually leave it on the carpet for as little as a few minutes or as long as an hour or so, until I get to actually vacuuming it up. I have never had a problem with residue. It always comes right up with a first swipe of the vacuum and leaves the good fragrance for many hours. I would like to suggest they try to make the twist top a little more easy to turn. It's not enough to keep me from buying the product, but it would be a nice little extra if they could do it.

Yummy Smelling!

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

I love this product. I use this every single day, to freshen up my home for reasons of smoking, kids dirty sports gear, cooking odors, you name it. I like to use this product in between shampooing the carpeted areas of my home. I works even better on the car floor boards. I love that I can sprinkle just a light coating over damp floor boards from the snow or rain and that musty smell disappears immediately. I keep a saucer of this in the corners or under the beds of every room in the home, just for the added smell good factor.

It does what it is intended for. It is worthwhile in a pinch when company is coming over and the house is not a total mess, but it could use a quick sprucing up. Sprinkling this product will make it seem as though you spent a ton of time cleaning.

This product smells wonderful. Each and every time I smell it, I love it even more. All of the fragrances in this line smell wonderful. It is well worth the purchase.

Covers up odors

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

I bought this product to help cover up pet odors and get the carpets and bedrooms smelling clean and fresh. This product does help cover up odors and really is long lasting. I was worried that it would stain the carpet, so I used it sparingly at first and was surprised at the scent that was left behind. You really do not need much of this product to get the results. I try not to use this every time I vacuum the floors as it seems to leave a build up within the carpet. I noticed when I steam cleaned the carpets, the white powder of this product was stuck in the carpet. I usually will only use this about once a month and really make sure I vacuum really good when I use it to avoid the residue staying in the carpet.

This product works great to freshen up a room and make it smell clean. I would use this product sparingly to avoid a build up in the carpet.

The scent really is great and is long lasting.

Smells Awesome

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

After having my daughter and her crawling all over our carpets spitting up everywhere and the dog laying everywhere just leaving behind that general dog smell I searched and tried numerous carpet products to help clean and refresh it so that it would look and smell good. All we have is a large carpet rub basically,no padding underneath so large carpet cleaning machines were not really practical for us. I tried a couple resolve products and they were okay but when I found this carpet powder I was very pleased. The way it works is that it gets sprinkled onto the carpet and left to sit for at least thirty minutes. Afterwards, you are to vacuum it up. The powder attaches to the dirt particles and helps pull more of it up during vacuuming than without using it. I can see this to be true since I have a bag-less upright vacuum with a clear canister, so I can see what I am sucking up. I love the fresh smell it leaves behind after using it as well. This smell can last for at least a couple hours. I would like to add I do have a resolve carpet brush that I use to work the powder into the carpet after I apply the powder. What many people may not know is that this powder can work its way through the carpet. When we pulled ours up we found quite a bit of powder residue beneath it, this is the only reason I did not give the product a ten.

Smells great!

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

I have a lot of pets, including a new puppy. Needless to say, the puppy does have an accident here and there on the area rug in my living room. Since I live in a one bedroom apartment, I need to keep the place smelling fresh all the time. Glad Carpet Odor Eliminator does the job of getting rid of lingering pet smells, yet is not so overpowering that you realize it is there-provided you vacuum everything up. You do risk not getting everything when you vacuum and it does seem to bother some people if it gets into their sinuses. It work great for small areas such as pet bed, too. Don't, however, use it on wet carpet, or leave it somewhere where moisture can get to it. I once tried to see if it could freshen up the bottom of the trash bin, which was a big mistake....it turned into a mushy pile that was hard to clean up.

Really eliminates odors, and you can use it every time you vacuum!

Fresh, and not too pungent.

Can get messy

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

This carpet powder is a good way to freshen up your carpets. All you do is sprinkle it on the floor and vacuum up and it leaves behind a nice scent. It's a good price, but mine never lasted very long. I also didn't like how I would have to bang the container just to get rid of the big clumps inside. The worst part is, it ruined my vacuum cleaner. The powder would get caked inside my vacuum all over the place. It was very difficult to clean, so I stopped using it.

Smells great but gets stuck in carpet

from TX

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

I really love the way this carpet odor eliminator smells, it leaves my entire downstairs and upstairs smelling fresh and sweet. My only problem with this product is that when I tried to vacuum it up the product stuck to the top of my carpet and shot around in the air leaving a layer of it on my furniture. I thought maybe something was wrong with my vacuum so I borrowed one from my mom. That one still did the same thing. I had to tilt it sideways and take off the rollers to get it cleaned off the vacuum. I have made it work for now, I do not use as much as the package says to use and I have to leave it in my carpet and walk around on it for a couple of days then vacuum up what is remaining. It is probably not good for my carpet but I really like the smell and that's the only way to break it down. I do use it in my car as well, I will sprinkle some under the seat and my car smells amazing all week long.

Does not pick up easily, seems to just get stirred up into the air and make a mess.

Great long lasting smell. I love it.

fresh scent but does not last long

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

Glade carpet and room odor eliminator berry splash is a powder based product that you sprinkle on the carpet. Right away the berry splash gives off a bold smell. The long you let the powder sit on the carpet, the deeper it helps eliminate the orders that are in your carpet. This product helps with animal smells also. Although I do love the smell, I personally think that after you vacuum up the powder from the carpet the smell of the berry splash faded from the room rather quickly. Not only did I use this product on my carpet but I actually tried it on my couches. I took off the cushions and sprinkled under them, and also the cushions and arms off the couch. After vacuuming the dog smell that lingered on the couch was gone. That smell actually stayed away for quite some time. All In all its a good product to use if you need a quick fix for company. I myself will probably go with a stronger type of odor eliminator.

Read the warning label!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Glade Carpet and Room Odor Eliminator - Berry Splash:

My apt is very small and it can get pretty musty in here in the late summer and winter because it is too hot or cold to open the windows. My husband and decided to buy Glade's carpet and room odor eliminator to try and combat the mustiness of the closed in the space. I have a cat that spends most of her time in the dining room or in her "house" (a big cage that she sleeps and hangs out in most the time because my husband and my cat do not get along very well). I did not read the label on the bottle before I used it. I shook it out and let it sit on the carpet throughout the house, then I vacuumed it up, just like you are supposed to. It seemed to help. That was not the issue; the problems started a day or two later. I noticed my cat was sneezing excessively or coughing, which is something she rarely does. I also noticed she was wheezing. I was really concerned, especially when I noticed she had scabby bumps on her skin when she jumped in my lap. She was itching her face a lot as well. I called the vet and made an appointment. The vet knew exactly what the problem was immediately. She asked me about the carpet cleaner and she confirmed that it was the problem. She gave me some cream for the sores and told me to clean my carpets and the areas around her house thoroughly. I did this and the problem was fixed within a week. So, consumers, BEWARE! Read the LABEL!