Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Plastic Wrap, Plastic Wraps
Glad
Glad Press'n Seal Wrap

Glad Press'n Seal Wrap

Pros

• Convenient (3)

Cons

I don't like plastic wrap, but I do like Glad Press'n Seal!

Growing up, our household didn't use plastic wrap - for whatever reason.  As an adult, I never bought plastic wrap either.  I guess I never found a purpose for it, plus, I hated tearing that stuff out of the box and having it get stuck to itself.  However, while at a friend's house, I grabbed something out of the fridge that had a wrapping on the top of it.  I asked what it was and was told it was Glad Press'n Seal Wrap.  I couldn't believe it when I pulled it off the food and saw what a seal it made.  I had to go out and buy some for myself!

Overall, this is a fabulous product.  Once you use it, there's no going back to whatever you were using before you found this.  I highly recommend it!

I haven't tried cleaning this product and using it again, so I can't attest to how well it cleans.

You can even take off the wrap and put it back on.  The seal won't be as tight, but you *can* reuse it.  One bummer is that if moisture gets in the item you are sealing and causes wetness on the wrap, it won't seal very well.  Besides the moisture issue, the only problem I have with **Glad Press'n Seal Wrap** is trying to get it out of the box.  Some tries are better than others, but sometimes it's a battle between me and the box trying to tear the wrap without it sticking together.

Now that I have my own box of **Glad Press'n Seal Wrap**, I can tell you how great it is.  Simply tear it off the box (like you do foil) and apply the wrap to whatever it is you want to preserve - a dish with no lid, half of watermelon, leftovers, anything.  I most frequently use it on top of bowls when I have leftover dip or my son's meal that wasn't finished.  Simply press the wrap on top, and the area of the bowl that comes in contact with the wrap will create a tight seal.  I haven't tried it, but I have the feeling I could turn the bowl upside-down and the contents wouldn't fall out!

They can take THIS stuff and shove it!

A few weeks ago, I celebrated the Fourth the way I usually do -- at a potluck dinner with friends over in Brookfield.  They do most of the cooking -- in fact, everyone involves with this occasion works harder on their contribution than I do on mine, which consists of appetizers and a dessert.  Craftily, I even invited my host to pick up "whatever she wanted" from the bakery at Jewel-Osco and reimbursed her for it later.  My point is that I shouldn't have had to rush around at the last minute getting things ready but nevertheless, there I was with one eye on the clock, chopping strips of fresh red bell pepper and preparing onion dip.  It was hot, humid, and I kept misplacing vital items so that -- all things considered -- this may not have been the ideal occasion for me to finally open up that box of **Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap** and give it a try.

**WHAT THIS IS**

**Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap** is unlike the superior Glad Wrap I have used for years.  Because **Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap** is **completely covered on both sides with sticky adhesive,** it is like trying to wrap food or cover containers in a big huge piece of Scotch brand adhesive tape, with some crucial differences.

You know how Scotch Tape always comes with a paper tab to identify where the roll of tape begins?  Well, the people who produce **Glad Wrap** products of any kind have staunchly refused to do that for all these years and apparently are determined to continue doing so, which meant that I had to search frantically for the almost invisible "beginning" of the wrap.  Then it didn't cut right for some reason and I had to yank a piece off by brute force ... and then **another** piece, and **another piece**, because there is no way way to grasp **Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap** without having it either stick to your hands or to itself.  I kept ending up with this big clump of sticky plastic all stuck together.

Thank God, I only had to use one piece of this awful **Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap** to cover a plastic container of dip because it took more than 15 frustrating minutes to do just that and then I had to worry about the dip possibly coming in contact with the inside of the sticky paper and somehow being contaminated by the adhesive.

**WHAT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN**

**Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap** was basically a good idea.  I think that sometimes when we give a negative review to something, it is easy to fall into a ranting pattern without making constructive criticism and offering suggestions for how something could have been improved.  Nobody at the Clorox Company who manufactures this stuff is probably interested in what I have to say but since when has that stopped me?

**Glad Press 'N Seal Plastic Wrap** should **NOT** be **totally covered **with adhesive.  It should be like regular Glad Wrap with a narrow strip of adhesive running along each edge of the roll (and this is what I had expected it to be).  This would have made the plastic wrap easier to handle yet would have provided enough useful adhesive to anchor the wrap down over plastic dishes or to create impromptu plastic bags or sealed packages for food storage.

**ONE MORE SUGGESTION**

Even God will cheer if just once any consumer can open up a package of **Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap **(or any other sort of **Glad Wrap**) and find a **tab** which clearly indicates where the beginning of the roll starts.

You've got to be kidding!

It will last alright, stuck to your hands.

Wrap is poorly designed. LOSER, LOSER!

Bad carton

from Tampa fl 33624

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Convenient

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

My wife has been struggling with the carton a few weeks after we bought it. The end circular support were not large enough and we have to hand pull the item out of the box.

This frustrates me so baddd

from Carrollton ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Convenient

Cons

• Difficult To Use
    • Flimsy Construction

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

This is so much better than the cling wrap(not sure what its called because I haven't used it forever.) But I get so frustrated when I use press n seal because I waiste more of it than I use. IT DOESNT RIP RIGHT!!! THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS PRODUCT REALLY NEED TO DESIGN A BETTER BOX SO IT CAN CUT RIGHT!!!! The box is so flimsy. That's the whole problem here.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best wrap for freezing food

from Lake Charlotte NS

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Compact
    • Convenient
    • Easy To Use
    • Quality Construction

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

This is the best method I have found for freezing food. I also put it in a freezer bag as well.

Mixed feelings on this wrap.

from Kansas

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

I have mixed feelings on Glad Press'n Seal Wrap. It's okay for covering dishes, but sometimes it's difficult to work with. It keeps foods with a strong scent, like fish or onions, from smelling up your fridge. It's overpriced in my opinion when plastic wrap would do basically the same thing.

I've tried Glad Press'n Seal Wrap quite a few times mainly because I would get it extremely cheap when I worked in a grocery store. It comes in a package just like tin foil or saran wrap. You basically use it as you would saran wrap as well, tear it off and cover the container you have your food in or whatever. The difference is Glad Press'n Seal Wrap has a sticky side that adheres a little better to the surface of things than plain saran wrap would. Because it sticks better to the surface it's great for locking in the smell of certain foods that you don't want smelling up your fridge [onions, fish, etc].

My issue with the Glad Press'n Seal Wrap is it's difficult to use sometimes. Because of the sticky side sometimes it likes to stick to itself and then you have to try to get it apart and then it's stuck to your hand, and the process repeats. So if they could make it a little easier to handle that would be great.

I usually won't use this product, instead I'll just use saran wrap. It's a little to pricey for my liking and not quite as convenient as I thought it would be.

works well

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

I give this Glad press 'n seal wrap an 8 because it really does work, it seals onto your serving dishes and your throw away containers very well, it creates a very nice seal that keeps your food fully covered. The reason why I didn't give it a 10 is because I don't know how it would hold up if you actually dropped the food as they show you in the commercial it would be able to fall onto the floor and still be fully intact, and I just don't see that happening at all but as far as having a great seal, that it does have.

I'm not sure why ease of cleaning is even a question on here, so it doesn't really need a rating, you aren't going to use a single sheet of the glad press 'n seal over and over again, so you wouldn't really need to clean it I just use it once and toss it away in the trash.

This product is very durable, it holds on very tightly and does a wonderful job.

Glad press 'n seal wrap has a very great design, you can press it to anything you need to and it works.

GLAD..I found this product!

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

I somehow never liked working with Plastic wrap, I just couldn't bear the way plastic used to wrap onto itself and doesn't work the way it should. I thought it is not my cup of tea to use the plastic wrap until lately at my friend's place I saw her using this Glad press'n seal wrap to cover the leftover dough in the bowl. I was amazed to see how beautifully and easily it worked. Seriously, means it was just effortless and I was like, how come I never knew about this fantastic product. My friend was kind enough to hand me one extra pack she had handy. I have been using this press'n seal wrap for over a year now. This definitely leads a bit pricey, but I try to stock up when it is on sale or I hold a coupon to apply. I use it to cover the left over food in the bowls, to freeze the dough, to cover the salad and what not! I love the way this wrap works. Use it to see the difference. I am GLAD I found it.

One of the best plastic wraps I have ever used

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

Have you ever had a plate of food and it leaked from the side because the plastic wrap wasn't on all the way? If you said yes then you will love the press 'n' seal because it actually grabs on to the plate. No more mess. Also it locks in the freshness and helps food to stay fresher longer. No more messes caused by food that wasn't sealed well. It is definitely worth the money that you pay. Best part is that most grocery stores carry this brand.

There is no cleaning because you throw it away after you are done using it. Also if you come to find that something has gone bad in your fridge the press 'n' seal helps lock in those odors until you are ready to deal with it.

It holds up really well. Not your average plastic wrap at all.

This design is amazing because it clings to the surface you are wrapping rather than trying to get creative to make it stay on like other plastic wraps. You will be amazed just how well this product compares to others you have used in the past.

Great way to seal kitchen foods

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

I do a lot of cooking, and I always seem to be losing the lids for various containers, or I need to put something in the refrigerator like cookie dough or a casserole. I absolutely hate when you try to put cling wrap over the container and it just falls off. That's where Glad Press'n Seal Wrap comes in. This wrap actually sticks to whatever container you are putting it on.

This also helps with clean-up when you are baking. You don't have to worry about washing the lids for containers, or washing plastic tupperware dishes. You can use the dish you baked the food in to store it-just put the Press'n Seal Wrap over your cooking dish and put it in the refrigerator.

This helps you not have to clean as many dishes because you do not need to put lids on containers.

This is a great design with the wrap being sticky on one side. This saves a lot of time and headaches while you are in the kitchen.

Great wrap, but pricey!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

I don't buy this often, mainly due to the price, but I do like it when I have it on hand! I like it best that it sticks to most surfaces! So, when I am trying to wrap leftover food on a plate that wouldn't normally work with normal cling plastic wrap, the Glad Press N Seal always seals it!

I have also used it for freezing individual serving sizes of meat. It's worked well for me with chicken and steaks! I get somewhat hesitant about it defrosting in the wrap, but I would assume as long as you don't defrost it in the microwave that it would be fine.

I gave it a satisfactory (3) rating for two reasons. First of all, be aware that this can leave a residue/film if left on for long periods of time. For example, I saw an idea online of lining your refrigerators shelves with the press n seal wrap. It made for a quick clean-up (just remove the wrap). I left mine on for about 3 weeks and then removed it. I will never do it again! The sticky residue it left behind is STILL stuck to my drawers! I have tried goo-gone, nail polish remover, etc. While most of it came off with those products, there are still traces of it! So I would NOT suggest doing that!

My other reason for the satisfactory rating is because it is pricey in my opinion. I feel that it's not worth the price for it to just stick to any surface (place) when wrapping. In my opinion, I'd rather stick with the cheaper cling plastic wrap and save some money.

Plastic wrap that can be sealed by pressing it together by Glad.

Comments about Glad Press'n Seal Wrap:

While Glad Press 'n Seal wrap sounds like a great, innovative idea; in function it's just a pain to use. Have you ever had plastic wrap stick to itself and not the item you are trying to cover? Well, when Glad Press 'n Seal wrap does that it seals to itself. It is very frustrating to use. I actually threw away the remainder of the role I had left.

I don't think this is meant to be cleaned.

It definitely holds up well and stays stuck to the item it is applied to.

If you are looking for a plastic wrap that will stay in place, this is for you. If you are looking for a plastic wrap that is easy to use, keep looking.