Other Hair Conditioners:

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Must have

from San Diego

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Non-Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Daily Use
    • Straight Hair
    • Thinner Hair
    • Travel

Comments about Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner:

I love this conditioner and shampoo! It is the most amazing thing ever

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

Adequate condirioner

Comments about Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner:

I wanted to switch to sulfate-free hair products, so went to my local health food store to see what they had. The girl working there recommended Giovanni hair products. I have dry, natural curly, color-treated hair that fights frizz & fly-aways. Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner is recommended for dry or damaged hair, so I thought I’d try it. It comes in a modern shaped 8.5 fl oz bottle. The store also sold it in bulk, so I purchased a small amount of the conditioner, along with Giovanni shampoo to try the first time. The product is a white, creamy consistency and has a light refreshing grapefruit scent. It did an adequate job of conditioning my hair., but not great I still had some frizz and fly-aways with consistent use of the products. I used it for more than a year, but am currently trying to find more moisturizing products for my hair.

I love the refreshing grapefruit scent!

My wife did not like Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner:

We had originally gotten the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner to help my wife prevent split ends. She has very strong hair. However, she does not want her hair to be stick or gunky between washes. The conditioners she likes help her manage her hair without being gunky.

We, it was easier to brush her hair and there were fewer split ends. However, her hair was sticky, sluggish and gunky. She did not like that feeling, so we will not be buying the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner again.

The scent is subtle and pleasant enough.

Great ingredients! Great hair!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner:

My hair was feeling dried out and frizzy so I got some special conditioner to make it better again and this did the trick. It's a bit pricey so I don't use it daily, but when you're noticing that you're hair is needing some TLC, this is a great quick fix. I leave it in for longer than usual and try not to rinse out too much of it. I like the organic all natural ingrediants that this brand uses. You read the label and there is never anything questionable, just essential oils and things that sound good for your hair. There are no colors or strange fragrances, yet this conditioner has a nice light scent that boyfriend loves. I like to use this conditioner if I know I will be flattening my hair. You don't have to use as much with this conditioner as you would a cheaper conditioner, probably because it isn't watered down. You will notice how thick it is in the bottle when you have to stand it on its' end to get the last half out of the bottle.

Great Conditioner!!

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner:

I have natural african american 3c/4a hair. The test for me, was how it made my tight 4a coils in the back feel... like SILK! I added the conditioner after shampooing and left on with a plastic cap. After rinsing out, my hair felt soft and very moisturized. My hair loves protein and this conditioner contains vegetable protein, which is probably why my hair loves it so. Not recommended for hair that doesn't like protein.

Conditioning and moisturizing, it smells great!

from Altamonte Springs, FL

Comments about Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner:

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner is a great conditioner.  It seals in moisture and allows my natural hair to shine.  I am an African American female and I have naturally curly hair.  My hair needs a lot of moisture for the curls to keep form or the curls will get very frizzy.  Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner allows my curls to stay in formation and smells great.  I found Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner and read its ingredients at a local beauty supply store.  I was amazed that the price was so affordable.  I purchased it with the Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo.  I was doubtful that it would work due to the affordable price.  How wrong was I!?  My hair smelled great, was not tangled, and maintained smooth, silky curls.  I left it on for about 5 minutes after washing my hair.  As I rinsed it out, I immediately began to feel how manageable and soft my curls were.  I will use this product forever!