Other Razors:
Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor

Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor

Pros

Cons

Vibrance razors really make me feel more.... Vibrant!

If it weren't for the clearance rack, I may well have missed out on the best battery operated razor experience I have ever had.

Already a fan of Gillette razors in...Read complete review

Already a fan of Gillette razors in general and Venus disposable razors in particular, I had always bypassed the battery operated razors because, frankly, they were overpriced. I have very sensitive skin and always end up with bumps and nick after shaving. The Vibrance razor truly has "Soothing Vibrations" that allow for a closer, more comfortable shave. Add a handy shower caddy and replaceable blades that last for several shades, and you've got an outstanding product. Even though the blades (refills) are a bit pricey, keep in mind that their longevity is above average.

My legs look like ground beef.

Earlier this year I got a coupon in the mail for the new **Venus Vibrance** razor.  I had no idea what this new razor was all about but when someone says FREE I'm like white on rice whether I need the thing or not.  I figure if it's not something I can use, someone will want it or I can donate it to charity.  Not only that, I've been a loyal user of the original Venus for Women razor since it first came out so how bad could it be?

Well it was pretty bad and I should have just thrown this free item away.  It should not be subjected on anyone.

The Venus Vibrance razor looks just like the original Venus razor except that it is pink and orange.  There is also a twist off cap on the end so that you can insert a AAA battery into the razor (battery is included) prior to use.  The idea is that the razor vibrates while shaving and it is supposed to soothe tired, achy legs and leg muscles.

Well for starters the shave just isn't all that good.  I get a great, smooth, close shave with the original Venus razor but with the Venus Vibrance I was left with stubble and razor burn.  Even though I had used my favorite Trader Joe's shaving cream which is very emollient and slick it felt like the razor was scraping the top layer of skin off of my legs and when I was finished my legs were nicked all over the place.  Quite painful and rather unattractive.

And then I turned on the vibrating action.  Now why anyone would think that a razorblade vibrating anywhere near their body is a good thing, I have no idea.  But someone sitting around a conference room table thinking of ways to improve the Venus razor obviously thought this was a good idea.  Well I'm here to tell them that they are wrong.   It hurts, it gave me a terrible shave, my legs look and feel awful, and it's just all wrong.

Bottom line: The words razor and vibrate should not be in the same sentence with one another.

I would love to buy this razor again!

from LA Marque, Tx.

About Me Daily Shaver, Weekly Shaver

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Good Value
  • Reduces Irritation
  • Smooth

Cons

• In-shower Shaving
    • Sensitive Areas

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

I love this razor it shaves fast and good without nicks or cuts, this vibrating
    razor is the best invention ever!

I LOVE THIS RAZOR!

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

This razor has a very nice scent to it! It glides on very smooth with very minimal chances of getting scratches or scrapes. I use it along with the venus shaving gel. This razor never does me wrong, it is not at all harsh with my skin. And I will continue to purchase this item!

Venus Vibrance shaved ok, but vibrating didn't exfoliate.

from Marne, MI

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

I picked up a Venus Vibrance Gillette shaver and the packaging led me to believe I was getting an electric razor. In reality, all the battery did was cause the shaver to vibrate, but I couldn't tell it made any difference in my skin than using just a disposable razor. It did a nice job shaving...which is what it's supposed to do, but nothing special. I was also surprised that using a shaving gel was recommended (I normally just use soap.) so had to use my husband's.

the perfect razor!

from Sykesville, MD

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

This razor worked so wonderfully for me. I have tried other razors such as single and double blades but they don't give me as close a shave as the Venus. I never get razor burn unless I'm rushing. It never even irritated my sensitive skin, I would definitely tell people to try it out.

Great Product for smooth skin

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

This vibrating razor is a great buy. It vibrates to give a close shave for smooth, silky skin. It uses only one battery and the battery lasts very long. It is safe to use and although there are some cuts or nicks, these are significantly less as compared to ordinary razors. The replacement blades are quite expensive, though. But, overall, I love this product.

MEH, whatever

from Plano, TX

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

I have used much better. It didn't give me a very smooth shave. It was like I was shaving with an old, dull blade. As for the vibrating feature, it didn't seem to help any and really just annoyed me.My husband also bought a men's vibrating razor and he felt the same way. So pass up the vibrating razor it's just a gimick.

this is the best razor that I have ever used!

from Kansas City, KS

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

this is the best razor that i have ever used! I'm always in a rush since i have three small children ages 5 years 2 years and 4months old my shower time is limited to about five to ten minutes so with the Vibrations it helps me get that close smooth shave with out all the painful nicks ouch and everyone can use less of them right? i have even caught my husband using it lol he said that thing rocks now he has his own i have told so many people about it and every one who tires it loves it and I'm sure you will too.

Gillette Venus Vibrance Razor for women is a no fuss razor

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

I love the new Gillette Venus Vibrance Razor for Women. Not only does it work well but you don't get those nicks or stray hairs. Actually leaves the legs smooth and gave a smooth shave without irritation and I loved that it eliminates the need for shave gel or soap. The battery required is a tripple A and lasted quite a long time which did surprise me somewhat. I did discover that you can select any Venus cartridge and it will fit your existing Venus handle and there are serveal different cartridge to choose from. I would recomment the Venus brand razors in a minute, and I found this model to be of the same great quality as the other Venus Razors. This razor is small and ideal for using in the shower or for traveling. The soft grip handle imakes it easy to hold onto in the shower.

I love this razor

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

I own the Venus Vibrance. This razor is absolutely brilliant. I have not found another razor I liked as much as this one. I got this razor a year and a half ago, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The only bad thing about this razor is the replacement blades are a little costly. This razor has four wonerful blades, and amazing moisture strips. It is a close comfortable shave. I absolutely love this razor. This razor was the saving grace for my legs. It is even easy on the underarms, unlike most razors I have owned. It is exremely great for anyone who has sensitive skin. It will not break you out. I even use it on my bikini area, that is how great this razor is. This razor was made especially for sensitive skin in my book. So if you are looking for an easy to use razor for sensitive skin I would definitely recommen getting the Venus Vibrance. In my book the Venus Vibrance is the best reusable razor on the market.

This razor is the best razor I could find!

from Enola, PA

Comments about Gillette Venus Vibrance Soothing Vibrations Razor:

I am a mother of 2 teenagers and we all love this razor. The one thing we do not like is the cost of the replaceable heads but all in all this razor clean shaves our legs and arm pits very nicely. Very little razor burn and I have found I do not have to shave as much with this razor versus the others. The heads stay sharper than others and do a nice job shaving away the hair. The vibrating motion is very nice and seems to cut closer than other razors.

After using this razor for the past 5 years, I don't think I could go to another razor. I got luck and was modeling when my agent came to me to try this razor. Venus wanted me as a spokes model for the local area and they gave me 2 free to try. I was skeptical at first, but once I used it for a week I new I wouldn't trade it in. I always used Venus razors before this but the vibrating one really sold me on their brand. Though the price is high, the cut you get with it is very much worth the price.