Other Razors:
Women's Razors
Gillette
Gillette Venus Razor

Great for sensitive skin

I have really sensitive skin so it is hard for me to find a razor that does not cause irritation and make my legs sore. This one is great for sensitive skin. My legs are so soft and the razor cuts close so I do not have to shave as often as I would using other razors. I have less cuts and nicks using this razor too. Even not using shave cream I can use this razor because there is no razor burn. So glad that I found this product. I would recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin or anyone that is just looking to get a close shave without the razor burn. The razor is relatively inexpensive and last a long time before the blades start getting dull. I use it about a month before buying a replacement blade. I guess it depends how often you shave. I shave about every other day because I show my legs a lot but for someone who only shave 2 or 3 times a week this one would last a really long time.

USA

nothing fancy

This razor has been around for quite some time. It is a pretty basic, no frills razor in my opinion. It does a good job on my legs, no complaints there. When it comes to the gillette brand there is no other. They produce a quality product that does exactly what it promises. They now have a wide variety of razors that will suit just about everyones needs/wants!

North Andover, MA

true

leaves legs smooth and soft

I love this razor, i never get nicks or cuts and it leaves my legs soft and smooth for more than just one day. I have only had to replace it one time and the cost is low and definately worth it. Everyone should own one of these

Tampa, FL

Best on the market!

Best razor for women out there! Shaves legs silky smooth, yet doesn't nick or cause irritation. They are a bit pricey, but the blades last a long time. One of these easily outperforms two or three less expensive razors, so the cost per use is actually less.

Cleveland, OH

Great razor

I have tried all the other razors in the Venus razor line and this razor gives me as close and smooth of a shave as any of the others. And it is the cheapest. I thought more blades would give me a closer, smoother shave, but the three blades work as well as the four and five blades. I have very course hair on my legs, but this razor seems to work better as well as or better than any other Venus or other brand razor. It costs a little more than some and I don't usually pay more for brand name, but in this case it's worth it.

Dawsonville, GA

true

'"Venus & Olay Razor" Is excellent for a smooth and silky shave.

I was chosen to receive a sample of the '"Venus & Olay Razor" through Influenster's VoxBox program . I am so glad that I was, because I don't think that I would have purchased this otherwise. I thought that they were a bit too pricey for me. But, after trying it, I see such a difference in quality between these and other shavers, that I feel they are worth it. They honestly leave your legs with a smooth shave with no cuts or razor burn. The quality is so good that I think the razor can be used many more times than other razors. The strips contain a good amount of lubricant which is so important to getting a smooth shave.

In Upstate, NY

true

I will not use this ever Again

I've used gillette since 1996. At that time, the flat model (gillette sensor excel - sensor 3) that they had back then was AWESOME!!! it was great for any kind of shaving especially on my bikini area. Sensor 3 was my favorite. Then, at around 2004, gillette Venus was born. I tried it, I was not impressed. So, I went back to using gillette sensor 3 until, fast forward to 2009, when I can't find any gillette sensor 3 cartridge, I had to try the new Venus embrace. Still disappointed. Disappointed at the quality. Disappointed that it does not do a good job. Lastly, I'm disappointed that it is super pricy. You are better off in getting a wax job. Your legs is smoother for 2-3 weeks.

Imperial Beach, CA

false

I love my Venus razors.

I am a 38 year old female who was used to buying a certain brand of disposable razors that I used since I was a teenager. But, thankfully I had recieved a pack of Venus Pivothead Disposable Razors for women. The very first time I had used it I threw away my old stupid razors from the 1980's. I couldn't believe that I stuck with them for so long without trying anything new. What an amazing difference with the Venus Pivothead Razors. I can shave faster with less nicks and with such ease! I would recommend these razors to every man and woman that shaves. I love the way it glides over my skin while the pivot actually allows you to shave over any creases or folds (like your knees and armpits). I used to do that with my straight head and no way did it conquer all those areas without cutting or nicking my skin. I remember when I was a young girl first shaving my legs and I totally cut the skin the whole length of my shin. Oh boy did that hurt. How I wish they had made Venus Pivotheads back then. Well, at least the young girls nowadays have it much better than I did. Needless to say I will never go back to the old razors.

North Tonawanda, NY

Venus Razors are Divine!

I love Venus Razors! The only ones I don't care for are the ones with the shave lather bars around the razor (Divine, Spa Embrace). The other Venus Razors are awesome. They give me the best and closest shave and work really well on all areas that women shave. The price is average compared to other razors, but they are worth their weight in gold!! I always have to have the disposables on hand, they are more cost effective for me and they do just as good a job as the non-disposable kind. If you want a close shave, smooth skin, and no irritation I would recommend you try these razors and see for yourself!

Lancaster, CA

true

Will use this razor for a long time

I have tried many razors that just plain do not work very well. I got theVenus razor for Christmas. First I thought ummmmm ok a razor thanx :( Then I tried it! This razor is the best I have ever tried. I even got one for my sister so she could try it as well. I know it is a little more spendy but it is definatly worth it. The head is a curvy shape which makes it handy for flitting over lumps and bumps without taking out a lump of flesh or driving a gash over your knee like with some straight head razors. The smooth head is soft on your skin. The three blades work perfectly and there is a 'lubricating strip' which wears down with each use, telling you when to replace it. Although it is just common sense, and I dont really think the lube strip does too much. The razor is very comfortable to hold. The razor itself comes initially with a spare couple of blades. You can buy replacement blades in sets of 4, 6, and 8 I think. They come packaged seperatly which is convenient. Again I know they are a bit spendy but it is worth it! The blades stay pretty sharp so you can use them for awhile. I do wish that the razor came with a safety cap, but it does come with shower storage case so I can suction to the shower so I can hang it up. Again this is a GREAT product. I definatly would suggest trying it!

Fergus Falls, MN