Other Razors:
Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

Pros

Cons

Long lasting, moisturizing razor that gives a close shave.

When it comes to disposable razors for my daughter and I, I usually go middle of the road. I would love to the use the more expensive ones, but I can't justify the cost of them, but I don't get the really cheap ones either, since they do a bad job, don't last long, and rust easily. I was lucky enough to get a high value coupon for the Gillette Venus & Olay Razor, and I was pretty excited about it since I could tell these were going to be really good razors.

The razor has 5 blades and it really gives you a clean shave. What one blade misses another picks up.

There is also a pronounced moisture bar. That is filled with Olay moisturizers.

You don't have to throw the razor away when the blades get dull which takes a long time you can simply replace the blades.

The handle is on the soft side and has some rubberizing to make it nice and soft and comfortable and non slip. There is also a large hole at the bottom that you can use to hang the razor on to a shower hook.

This is a really, really good razor with really effective blades, and the moisturizers help to keep you skin nice and soft after you get such a close shave, I don't have to shave as often when I use this razor, and the blades last for a really long time as long as you keep them clean. The only complaint I have is that they are on the expensive side, but comparable to other high quality razors.

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor need to step it up!

I was super excited to go out and buy this product. I had a great coupon which made it in my price range that I could actually afford. I was highly disappointed at the price of the razor. Yes, I understand Gillette and Olay are normally GREAT products so I was willing to spend a little extra even with a coupon. The night I bought it I went and took a shower right away. That is when I became disappointed beyond all else. The razor itself was not doing a very good job. I had to go over the same areas about five to six times in order for all the hair to be removed. Even after that I still felt prickles. A few days later I figured I would give it another try. I was upset to find that most of the moisture bar was gone! It had dissolved almost completely after just using it one time. I went ahead and used it anyway, but still the very same results. Had to go over my legs five to six times, prickles, and it left a film on my legs. I felt slimy. Not something I would buy again.

Worst razor ever!

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

This is the worst razor I've ever purchased. The head pivots so far back that I actually have to press down on the blade with my free hand to get a good, close shave. Otherwise, it just pivots away from the skin, and you're left with stubble. I expect a little bit of pivot to go over bumps and curves, but not a 45 degree angle like this one does. DON'T BUY IT!

Smooth and easy to use

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

I love this razor! I have never cut my legs with it because the gell surrounding the top and bottom of the blade set always makes shaving smoother. My legs feel incredibly soft and smooth after shaving. With this razor, you don't even need shaving cream. I personality will not use another type of razor after trying this one.

easy and useful

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

Greatest thing ever invented for woman and shaving. Easy to use. Great that you can run to the store grab it, use it and despose of the blades when you are done, and buy a new one. Has a great handle for gripping which makes it easy to hold on to so no slipping and cutting yourself.

Venus & Olay

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

While this Venus & Olay razor can get a little pricey, I think it is definetly worth the cost! This is one of my favorite razors! I love the golden color of the handle and it came with a razor hook to easily hang in my shower. The razor head was easy to snap on and use. This Venus & Olay razor gives me a very close shave and it also keeps my legs moisturized while and after shaving because the moisturizing strips on it contain Olay moisturizers which I love!! This razor has given me the closest and most moisturized shave I have ever experienced. I did not even need shaving cream on my legs with this razor because it had the soap and moisture built into the razor head. It also lasted awhile, I got about 2 weeks out of one razor head! My leg and under arm hair is also very thick because I'm
Hispanic so the fact that it lasted that long was pretty amazing! I usually kill these types of razors with the replaceable heads after one use. Recommend this razor for anyone and would probably be great for someone with sensitive skin.

Not for me!

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

I just don't like this razor. I find that the moisture bar, an added soap lubricant on the razor, is not effective at all. It is a goopy soap that's more akin to generic hand soap rather than any olay product that I have ever used. It smells a bit odd to me. Also, if you let your razor dry, it become a hardened stone, which you really need to take the time to rewet. The moisture bar also tends to fall off easily so it's pointless. I would rather just use my own separate shave gel.

The design of the razor doesn't provide a better or smoother shave than any other drug store disposable razor that you can get a fraction of the cost either.
I've used two different razors about 10 times total to test it and each time my legs are itchy and not smooth. I had four of them so I gave the other two to my sister. She had the same complaints about it as I did. Maybe other people will like it and find the moisture bar convenient but it just wasn't for me at all.

Wonderful!

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

I really love it. It makes shaving so much better. You can shave even without shaving cream which is a real time saver! My legs are so smooth when I am done. Got it on sale at Christmas time in a kit. The price was reasonable. I am switching to Venus brand for all my razors.

Best Womens Razor EVER!

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

The Gillette Venus Razor with Olay Moisturizing Strips is the best razor system I've ever used. It provides a fast and extremely close shave without fear of nicks and cuts. The moisturizing strips are the best available and my sensitive skin does not react negatively. I cannot live without this razor!

My favorite

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

I absolutely love Venus, I have tried other brands but nothing compares. The only other one I like better is way expensive so I have no problem using Venus. I get such a close shave when I use these razors, and it lasts longer than other razors. It makes mg legs so soft and smooth with the Olay strips.

Leaves my legs feeling silky smooth!

Comments about Gillette Venus & Olay Razor:

This razor is a very good razor! It leaves my legs feeling silky smooth after each shave! The olay in the razor leaves my legs moist as well! I always have dry flaky legs, however, olay venus keeps them moisturized and looking amazing! I would recommend this razor to any woman!

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor need to step it up!