4.1

Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great shave, but way too expensive!

I had the regular Gillette Venus, which I loved, so when I saw the Venus Breeze which boasted the convenience of not using separate shave gel, I ran out to buy it.Read complete review

It works quite well! Just as well as the Venus. The gel bars are a little slimy, but they work really well and you do not need to use shave gel. I got no nicks or cuts either. You can shave your legs in the shower stream, too. No repositioning the shower head or putting a foot on the corner of the tub to avoid washing shave gel off. I removed my razor from the shower after use so the gel bars wouldn't melt. That doesn't work. The gel bars melt insanely fast, only lasting three to four uses. It looks like they are still good, but they have melted too much so the gel bars don't touch your legs.

The refills for this are so expensive they are cost-prohibitive. I enjoy not using shave gel, but it is not so convenient that I would shell out about twenty times what the cost of blades and gel would cost on their own.

I went back to the regular old Venus (those refills fit the Breeze handle, too) and shaving cream.

I am torn whether as to recommend this product or not. It works well, but is not economically feasible for most.

Okay but I like Schick Intuition Better

In my exploration for the best razor, I came across a razor that I decided to try- it seemed like a cross between the Schick Intuition and the Venus Embrace razors.
Read complete review

WHAT IS THE VENUS BREEZE LIKE?

The Venus Breeze is similar to the Venus Embrace.   The handle is a lpurple or pink color, however, and has white trim on it.  The handle has a gel grip on it, which allows for proper handling in the shower without having wet hands slip on it.

The blade is a series of three blades (instead of five like the Venus Embrace has) and has a strip of material over and below the blades- one of which has little ridges similar to the Venus Embrace that makes the razor slide over the skin using the water between the ridges to make a more slick surface.

Above and below the razor are two slices of gel soap.  The idea is that this soap makes the razor slide over the skin nicely and leaves skin clean and fresh.  The fragrance of the soap is nice, and it does seem to be a better soap than others I have tried which dissolve too quickly.

MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE VENUS BREEZE RAZOR

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by the Venus Breeze razor.  At first it did shave pretty well, but it seems that I got a better shave with the Venus Embrace- I am not sure if it is the lack of soap, or the five blades.  I found I had to press to reach the blades too, something I did not have to do with either of the other razors I mentioned in this review.

The soap wears away on the Venus Breeze, although not as quickly as the Schick Intuition, but it does leave a horrible bunch of goo as it melts and I did not like that at all.  I just was not overly thrilled with the performance of the Venus Breeze, so I decided not to repurchase.  It seems like it might need to be tweaked or something for better performance.

Smooth and silky

from Clinton, SC

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

Venus does give you a good clean shave, leaves your legs with a silky feel and you don't have to use shave cream. But the gel on the razor does run out before the razor is dull and the you do have to use shave cream but it still does a good job! The refills are pricey. If you can get coupons for refills you lucky and great job!!

convientent

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

these things are nice in one hand but are a pain in the butt in the other!!!

what do I mean? ok for one u cannot keep these things in the shower or bathtub area with out getting them ruined! you have to take them out every single time or they lose life everytime someone takes a shower ! How do I mean the little breeze area where you dont supposedly dont have to use shaving creme which you dont cuz if u even attempt to try your not even gonna reach ur skin lol. much less the hair, but u will at least have to use at least a lil soap. anyways as i was getting to u cannot keep this thing in the shower area cuz it will get wet and everytime it gets wet it loses life on it and no use to u and as pricey as these things are its not worth it trust someone who has used them from last winter i have spent sum serious money on these durn things lol its just not worth it to me anymore

Gives a smooth shave, easy to use, leaves skin soft.

from Euclid, OH

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I received this razor as a free sample from a website i am a member of.  I wouldn't have bought it on my own because to me it is too expensive.  However, I really liked it and ended up buying the refill heads anyhow.  It leaves your skin soft and smooth and never nicked.  I still buy it but only if I have a coupon!  Worked well on both legs and underarms.

Really not worth it on this one ladies.

from Ashtabula, OH

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

Ok ladies.I have this razor here as we speak and its going into the trash.Its so gooey and it really does not give a good shave at all. The conditioner soaps on the top and bottom of the razor gets in the way of the shave. Its takes forever to get shaved.I am a in and out type of women.Im a mother of 7 children and I have 3 small babies.I need to be in and out.Not to mention how expensive this razor and refills are.I really love the original venus.Great smooth save a bit pricey but worth it when its a great shave.This one really bites. I have half the mind to write into corperate to get my money back really. I was trying to press down on the razor to actually get shaved good and ended up cutting myself. The design is really pretty but thats about it on this one. I would not recomend this to anyone especially if your a busy ,budgeting mom like I am.

This razor makes my skin feel so smooth after shaving.

from Forked River, NJ

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I love this razor. I never need to use shaving cream because it lathers up with the soap bars around it. After shaving my skin feels so smooth. I never feel like i have razor burn for shaving too close. It has such a wonderful smell to it.

The only problem i have is that the soap dissolves very quickly.

I give this razor 4 stars!

not worth the price

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

The Gillette Venus Breeze 2 in 1 Razor for Women was a disappointment to me. Venus razors are rather pricy, so I was expecting a truely exceptional razor, but that is not what I got. I do not see any advantage this razor has over less expensive choices (like Bic Soleil). It didn't give any closer of a shave and I nicked myself sever times, something I don't do on a regular basis with other razors. The moisture strip doesn't seem to work any better than those on other types of razors. I certainly couldn't use it without a seperate shave cream- which is the whole idea of the two in one razor. And I didn't find the scent particularly "soothing."

So in conclusion, I recommend that you save your money and do not buy the Gillette Venus Breeze 2 in 1 razor. Find a different razor that costs less or works better. This model is too expensive and offers no true advantages over other types of razors.

finally a razor I like! And plan to keep using.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

after trying many many different razors over the years I have finally found a razor I plan to keep using!

The Venus 2-in-1 actually lasts me for a bit before becoming dull, and while I think they are a bit pricey for cartridges .. I still spend less. I no longer have to buy shave cream .. which more often then not, dried out my skin.

Its also one less step in the shower, and with 3 little kids, shower time is in short supply. I have also noticed I have less under arm razor burn now too. I don't have to go over the same area repeatedly to get a super smooth shave, so shaving my legs takes less time too.

Best shave I have ever had with a replaceable head razor!

from Murrieta, CA

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I recently purchased the Venus Breeze razor. It is the one with the purple handle and the built in scented shave gel bars on the razor head. I fell in love with this after the first use.

I hate when my legs feel dried out and not so clean shaven after I take the time to shave them. I was using another brand and was not very happy with how it was performing. I had a coupon and decided to give the Breeze a try.  It was so easy to put together. Sometimes I cannot get the head to click onto the handle without having to try a few times. This one clicked on amazingly easy and was ready to use right away.

I made notice that after I was done shaving, my legs felt silky smooth and were not dry feeling at all. The product says you do not need to use a shaving cream with this razor. I have never really liked razors that do not require shaving cream because they get goopy and seem to wear out.  This one does not get goopy, but it did seem like the top gel bar was bending away from my leg. When I tried to fix it, the gel on the bar came of very easy and could not be put back on.

Other than the bar thing, this was a great razor and I highly recommend it!

Venus Breeze 2 in 1 great for travel!

from Randallstown, MD

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I hate to bring loose disposible razors when I travel!  All I need is one package (contains two razors) of Gillette Venus 2 in 1 For Women.  The strip of shaving gel means that I do not need to buy (or bring) shaving cream.  What a relief when flying.  Personally, one razor is good for more than one use.  And when going home it is one less thing for me to worry about packing.  After using the razor be sure to set the razor in a position so that the strip of gel dries back into place and does not disolve into a puddle of water.

I discovered this razor when I forgot to pack a razor on my last trip.  It was just what I needed for the long stay in hot weather.  It was better on my legs than plain soap and water. And I went without the mess of shaving cream.

I like the packaging.  The two razors are in seperate compartments.  For a person (like me) who drops things that are wet this saves the second razor.

I AM DISPLEASE WITH THE GILLETTE VENUS 3 BREEZE

from Deer Park, WA

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I have used the gillette venus 3 breeze disposable cartlidge which is a disposable cartlidge that has three razor blades in it and has like a soap, gel, shaving cream on the two sides of it. After using it for quite sometime and giving it a fair chance at being used I must say I am not satisfied with it.

When you pay good hard earned money for something you expect things to last. In this case more then a couple shavings. Usually on at least the the third time being used the purple soap/shaving like stuff is starting to crack and fall apart - falling off of the razor and leaving sharp points that could cut or scratch someone.

I would like to see this improved to last longer and maybe have some soft smell added to it.