4.1

Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great shave, but way too expensive!

I had the regular Gillette Venus, which I loved, so when I saw the Venus Breeze which boasted the convenience of not using separate shave gel, I ran out to buy it.Read complete review

It works quite well! Just as well as the Venus. The gel bars are a little slimy, but they work really well and you do not need to use shave gel. I got no nicks or cuts either. You can shave your legs in the shower stream, too. No repositioning the shower head or putting a foot on the corner of the tub to avoid washing shave gel off. I removed my razor from the shower after use so the gel bars wouldn't melt. That doesn't work. The gel bars melt insanely fast, only lasting three to four uses. It looks like they are still good, but they have melted too much so the gel bars don't touch your legs.

The refills for this are so expensive they are cost-prohibitive. I enjoy not using shave gel, but it is not so convenient that I would shell out about twenty times what the cost of blades and gel would cost on their own.

I went back to the regular old Venus (those refills fit the Breeze handle, too) and shaving cream.

I am torn whether as to recommend this product or not. It works well, but is not economically feasible for most.

Okay but I like Schick Intuition Better

In my exploration for the best razor, I came across a razor that I decided to try- it seemed like a cross between the Schick Intuition and the Venus Embrace razors.
Read complete review

WHAT IS THE VENUS BREEZE LIKE?

The Venus Breeze is similar to the Venus Embrace.   The handle is a lpurple or pink color, however, and has white trim on it.  The handle has a gel grip on it, which allows for proper handling in the shower without having wet hands slip on it.

The blade is a series of three blades (instead of five like the Venus Embrace has) and has a strip of material over and below the blades- one of which has little ridges similar to the Venus Embrace that makes the razor slide over the skin using the water between the ridges to make a more slick surface.

Above and below the razor are two slices of gel soap.  The idea is that this soap makes the razor slide over the skin nicely and leaves skin clean and fresh.  The fragrance of the soap is nice, and it does seem to be a better soap than others I have tried which dissolve too quickly.

MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE VENUS BREEZE RAZOR

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by the Venus Breeze razor.  At first it did shave pretty well, but it seems that I got a better shave with the Venus Embrace- I am not sure if it is the lack of soap, or the five blades.  I found I had to press to reach the blades too, something I did not have to do with either of the other razors I mentioned in this review.

The soap wears away on the Venus Breeze, although not as quickly as the Schick Intuition, but it does leave a horrible bunch of goo as it melts and I did not like that at all.  I just was not overly thrilled with the performance of the Venus Breeze, so I decided not to repurchase.  It seems like it might need to be tweaked or something for better performance.

Usually like Venus but the breeze was not one

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I bought the Gillette Venus breeze razor for women because i thought it was going to be as good as my others. I was pretty disappointed because after only 1 use it cracked and fell apart. I placed it on the razor holder to dry and the next morning the pieces were on the floor of my shower. I don't think I will be wasting money on these again.

Close shave without razor burn

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

There is nothing worse than razor burn. It hurts and it is flat out annoying. I love this razor because you do not have to use shaving cream with it, I do but the gel on the outside allows you to get a close shave without nicks or razor burns. I found this product at my local walmart and decided to try it. I am so glad that I did. Works great. I like that so many refills come in a package. They are a little pricey but they last a really long time. The gel on the outside helps to moisturize so you can get a close shave without the irritation. There are so many colors to chose from and so many different cartridges for this razor. You just have to use process of elimination to find out which ones you like the best. Personally I like the blue and the purple. If you want a close shave without the irritation or razor burn, If you want something that is going to last a long time or your just looking for something reliable, then use this product.

A cheap disposable razor gives you the same skin-scraping result

from Gilmer, TX

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

A horrid experience from the first shave to the customer service when I contacted Gillete about this razor. They did send me a coupon for any Gillette razor, which I gave a try and no better success. I guess I am just a Schitck girl. Gillette gave me detailed instructions on how to shave, (I thought I had it perfected by the age of 39) although the packaging states there is no need for shave cream, the e-mail I received from them stated differently. I have soft blonde hair and this razor simply raped my skin. It's made it's home in my trash can. What a waste of money!!

Not worth the money

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

Don't bother with this razor. It is great for the first few uses, then the moisturizing strips fall off and you are left with a rough razor and no moisturizer. The whole clump of moisturizer falls off completely. The refills are too expensive and they do not last.

Venus Breeze Refill Cartridges are Pretty Good

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

While the six-pack Venus Breeze Refill Cartridges are a little more expensive than I would like them to be, these razor blades are pretty good.  They come with a gel-solid which acts as a lubricant and moisturizer for your skin while shaving.  It also reduces the need for additional shaving cream.  For me, I just use my body wash as a lather on my legs and it works perfectly fine.  It is also a good protection from nicks and cuts.  The only drawback (aside from its price) is that you do not get as close a shave because of the gel solid on the razor.  Luckily, after a while the gel solid falls off and then you will get a lot closer shave for smoother softer legs!  In addition, my legs tend to get pretty ashy especially around winter time and using the Venus Breeze with the gel solid does a pretty good job of moisturizing my legs and reduces the need to constantly slather my legs with lotion.

I've always loved my Venus razor, and now I love it even more

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

When I was pregnant last year I found it to be increasingly hard to shave my legs. I have used the regular Venus cartridges for a long time and have always really liked them. They almost never gave me cuts!! So when I ran into trouble with shaving while pregnant I decided to try their breeze cartridges. I considered buying the other brand because they're advertisements are pretty persuasive. Then I remembered how other Venus products have never failed me and I purchased the breeze cartridges. I loved them! It made shaving so easy. Not only easy, but super fast. I didn't have to bend over and put shave cream on, then bend over again and shave. It also saved me money by not having to buy shave cream! It makes shaving my armpits super easy too. I tried to go back to the regular cartridges for a while but decided the little extra expense of the Breeze cartridges were well worth the money. Now I shave more often too because it's so easy.

Venus breeze- Closest shave ever-never get a nick!

from Romeoville, IL

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I recieved the Venus Breeze razor starter kit 5 years ago as a Christmas gift.  I was simply amazed  how close and smooth the shave was.  I am a mother of two and my shower time is rushed- this razor glides without ever a nick!

the conditioning venus razor is awesome

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I have recently used the conditioning venus razor. It was one of the best razors i have used. First it didnt not cut me or give me razor bumps on the first use. It left my skin really soft, softer than any other razor i have used. It left my legs smoth for more days than any other razor. I used it in the shower and it didnt not rust the next couple of days. I used it for a longer time than i use most other razors because many become dull. the conditioning venus razor did not get dull, i used it for over a week and it worked the same as it did when i first used it. I only got rid of it and got a new razor because i felt weird not replacing my razor like all the rest of them. i also love that it comes in many different colors and many other specialites about it. It is also from a brand i have heard of and trust {venus}. And i will now use this brand of razors only because its the only one i have found that works

Gillete Venus has your legs feeling smooth like baby skin.

from Wood Ridge, NJ

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

Gillete Venus razors are amazing. The razor lasts for several shaves. It is a little costly in comparrison to other razors. However it is definitly worth the money. After each shave your legs feel so smooth. You do not need to use shaving cream because it has gel in the edges. I love this product. I have used many razors and this is by far the best.

dont waste your money on this one

from Elkhart, IN

Comments about Gillette Venus Breeze Razor for Women:

I use the regular Venus razor and needed to get some refills, I thought I would try this since it looked 'neat'. Ugh!  I couldnt shave my bikini area because the head was too big and the solid bars got all gooey and stringy and actually broke off within a few uses.  I keep my razor in the shower but I made sure to keep the solid bars off of any surface so they could dry properly, it didnt help.  So after the bars came off I was stuck with a still sharp blade but a huge blade head that was hard to use.  Not to mention the refills are expensive.  I much rather lather up and shave with the regular venus.