Other Shaving Creams:

Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin

Pros

Cons

Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Lubricates and Protects

Shaving is part of my daily routine. I tend to alternate between using a hand razor and an electric razor and when I use the manual method, I insist on using shaving gels instead of foam, due to their superior lubrication ability. One product I use with great frequency is **Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin.** **Shaving Gel Commentary:**  Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel is blue/green in color and, like other gels, it gradually changes to white foam as you spread it aroudn your skin. It lubricates the skin as you spread, adding moisturizing agents designed to make shaving more comfortable than before. Added aloe helps to soothe the skin, leading to better comfort overall. It feels a little slimy to the touch, but this feeling is quickly replaced by the smoothness of the foam, helping lead to a closer, less irritating shave.  Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel is a product I have been relying on for many years to make my shaving experience less irritating and it has lived up to most of my expectations. Like I said, I prefer gels to foam and I have reached the point where foam is no longer acceptable. Foams are cheaper, but gels are better for many reasons and chief among them is the ability to eliminate the irritation often caused by shaving. A shaving product that fails to lubricate properly will lead to razor burn and other problems. Gels offer superior protection against this problem and Gillette Series does a good job in preparing the skin for shaving. With Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel, you don’t feel like your hair is getting pulled out. The razor glides across your face with ease.  Gillette Series Sensitive Skin softens facial hair and it is certainly worthy of a recommendation. But there are a few shortcomings and the main one is the scent. The smell reminds me of a weak form of aftershave and it doesn’t smell as masculine or as appealing overall compared to other shaving gels. Also, this shaving gel is a little less smooth. It protects better than foam shaving creams but the gel itself is a little slimy and, when spread on the skin, isn’t as tight and it takes a little more to lubricate the same amount of space.  ****

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Gels offer better protection than foam and Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel is a good product that certainly helps to prepare the skin for shaving better than the average foam and results in a reasonably close, comfortable shave. It does cost more than shaving foam, but the extra protection is worth the money.

I was highly disappointed

I used to love Gillette anything, but especially there shave gel, even if I didn't use their brand of razors. I took a couple of cans of this with me to Afghanistan, figuring it would probably come in handy when I was out staying in whatever village I would be in that day. I used this probably a handful of times, and every time I used it, I had a worse experience than before. When I first started using it, my face burned quite a bit, so I figured it was just a little razor burn, no big deal. Then every time after that it got progressively worse. By the fourth day of using it, my face was starting to break out in a type of rash. I figured it had to be something my razor was doing. Well one day I chose to use a different brand of shave gel, and my face was fine. I don't know if there was something wrong with the cans I got, or if there was something I was allergic to, but I never had any issues before. I am sure this product is amazing for other people, but in this one experience it was bad for me.

I was highly disappointed

Great!

from Edina, MN

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

I love Gillete Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin. I realize it is made for men, but lately I have enjoyed both the shaving gel and razors for men, they seems softer and more gentle. This gel is great as it is easy to apply and forms a foam shortly after you apply it to your legs or underarms. You only need a small amount because a little squirt of the gel turns into a bunch of shaving cream and is more than enough to do the job. It is soft and creamy and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth. It does have that fresh smell of men, but as long as it protects me from dryness and cuts I am happy with it. It has been a great shaving cream for my legs since they are really sensitive and I will be using it again.

Great, soft, smooth, and protects your skin.

The smell might not be attractive to most women as it is a men's scent, but it does not bother me. As long as it is soft on my skin, I am happy with it.

Gillette Has Been A Staple of My Shaving Kit for Years

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

I have preferred Gillette and always been happy with their products. Gillette manufactures a product which gives a clean and close shave. There is no irritation, no nicks, cuts or bumps after using this particular product. The foam that comes out of the can is comfortable and provides a refreshing feel upon my skin after application. The product is not just for men. It can also be used by women too.

This product from Gillette always removes thicker hair and stubble. I always have a clean shave after using. I highly recommend Gillette razors such as Mach III or Pro Fusion Glide to use with this shaving cream. You will be happy with the results and surprised how smooth your skin will feel. This description is applicable for all Gillette products. Gillette razors and creams are a little expensive but you get a high-quality product in exchange.

I like the scent in this product. It is a fresh, almost wintry-like scent. It is reinvigorating and refreshing.

a good option for sensitive skins

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

This is not my favorite shaving gel option, but it is pretty good, and does help with my sensitive skin. It smells really good, and that smell stays with you which is a nice feature. It does help protect that sensitive area under my neck that gets so irritated, so easily. I like other brands better, but this is worth it when on sale.

Gillette Does It again!

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

This product made me switch from shaving with an electronic razor, to a more traditional razor. This gel makes it quite easy to shave, and even somewhat pleasant. It feels natural to spread on my face, and you can easily see the results as you shave. I'd highly recommend this product to anyone wishing to swap from an electronic razor, or even to anyone who is looking to try a product that is somewhat different than your traditional shaving cream.

This product works exactly as advertised! It was easy to apply, and it didn't get gummed up within my straight edge, which was a fear of mine when initially using this gel. I'm happy I started to use this product, as it has been extremely effective!

This gel's scent is actually very nice. Throughout my day I smell a somewhat cool scent from my own face, and weird as it may sound, it really is a nice feeling. I've not gotten any comments on the scent, which leads me to believe that it isn't that strong, which is also a huge plus in my book.

I use it everyday.

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

This is a great product. I use it everyday to shave and it makes my morning shave so much more enjoyable. I used to use shaving foams, but I have recently switched to shaving gels because of this product. The smell is pleasant and not overwhelming. One bottle will last a very long time even if you use it everyday. The gel takes a lot less per shave than the cream. This product combined with a decent razor will guarantee an extremely close shave. It will not irritate even the most sensitive skin. I have recommended this shaving gel to several friends and they have all loved it.

This is a very effective product. I use it almost daily and have and very close shave. It is also great for skin and will not cause irritation.

The smell of this shaving gel is great. It is not too strong and is not overwhelming. The scent is rugged and manly and smells more like a cologne than a perfume.

Excellent All Around Shaving Cream

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

This is the shaving cream I use most often. It is slightly more expensive than some others (but there are others even more expensive). I have sensitive skin and this shaving cream typically protects my skin a lot better than some of the others out there. The smell is light and not over powering like some other brands as well. It works great for me and I would highly recommend this to guys looking to get a close shave with a good shaving cream.

I have sensitive skin and this works great. I get a much closer shave with a razor and this than any electric shaver. I almost never have any redness or irritation with this shaving gel and a gillette razor.

It smells like shaving cream. It is not too strong and not too fruity, but I do not know that I would say I overly like the smell (again it smells like shaving cream). Some others smell too strong in my opinion, but if you like scent, than another cream may be better for you.

Always Use This Gel

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

Gels are superior to traditional shaving creams, and both are way better than electric razors, which tend to be harsh on sensitive skin. Gillette Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin is the best of them all. It really makes your skin soft and moist and cools and soothes at the same time. It's a little more expensive than other gels and probably double shaving creams, but hey, this is your baby face we're talking about.

If you haven't tried this product and have sensitive skin, you don't know what you're missing. Use with a good razor blade for clean and cool comfort.

Also, this gel has a pleasant scent, not overbearing in any way, not too perfumey.

Completely lubricates your face so the blades glide easily and smoothly over your face. Keeps you comfortable while treating your face rather harshly.

I like that the scent is not too much. If you want more, get yourself an aftershave. This is just a simple clean aroma.

great for shaving

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

My family has been using the Gillette shaving gel for a long time now. My family does not need to shave every single day but nonetheless we do need to shave just like everyone else. Now I know that some people keep out and they just simply use water and I'm guilty of it too sometimes when I'm in a hurry, but there is no doubt that a shaving gel goes a long way during the shave. If you do not use anything or simply use water, there's a good chance that the razor blade will catch onto the base of a hair and it will be painful or in the worst event you may accidentally cut your skin. The Gillette series shaving gel is not expensive and is really just a commonsense purchase. It helps you with your shave, that smells decent, and it is not pricey. Pick up the sensitive skin version if you have sensitive skin.

Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin: Does The Job!

from Portsmouth, NH

Comments about Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin:

The Gillette Series Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin is one of the better shaving gels I have used over the years. I'm happy with the lubrication it gives to allow for a clean shave with minimal nicks and cuts (both with the Gillette Mach 3 and Gillette Fusion). I find for guys like me with sensitive skin, this leaves less irritation on my face after shaving (although I generally apply after-shave as well). The gel foams up like crazy, so just a little "dime sized" squirt is all you need for your entire face. One canister probably gets me right around 100 shaves. The smell is okay, nothing spectacular, but it's not anything that would turn people's noses. I much prefer this over the Sensitive Skin Foam Gillette makes, in case you are considering between the two. For those with sensitive skin or a "baby face", you could do a lot worse than the Gillette Shaving Gel for Sensitive Skin. I'd reccomend it above anything else I've tried on the market.