Other Razors:
Gillette

Pros

Cons

Gillette Fusion ProGlide-super smooth

**My husband uses the Gillette Fusion ProGlide and the other day I decided to try his razors on my legs. Yea, a NONO for sure. He nevr knew the wiser. Except that I love it and want to keep using it. His face always feels so smooth and now my legs do too. **

**Gillette Fusion ProGlide has adjustable and thin blades. It takes batteries (AAA) and I gave him rechargeable ones so they last longer and can be re-used over and over. This razor only came with one cartridge. They replace and slide on very easily. It has a bigger handle with a easy grip for better shaving all around. And a Lubrastrip to make the shave smooth. **

**It says it has a "on board micro-chip" to provide more power. Also on the handle is a low battery indicator light to signal when the batteries are going down. The razor has a convienient automatic shut-off after eight mintues to conserve power. It cleans up easy without hairs getting stuck in the tiny blades.**

**It is not very expensive compared to others and I have heard of many coupons to use towards the purchase. **

**I love this razor. Why can I not find a perfect ladies razor like this? **

Falls short of hype and beard hair

I bought this razor after buying into the hype. I shave my head, beard, and body and have been doing so for about 15 years, so 'how to shave' is not anything I've ever had a problem with.

Your results, of course, may vary as any razor and gel combo depends on the skin and hair it's used on. But in my case, this razor caused ingrown hairs, severe burn and embarrassing bumps everywhere it touched me. After the first couple uses, I had to stop shaving all together for two weeks to allow my skin and hair to settle down. I figured that I just got a bad batch of blades and bought an 8 pack and the suggested gels and creams, which accomplished... ... well, the bleeding stopped happening but the rest stayed.

While shaving, it feels like the razor is binding badly on the stubble and digs into skin no matter how slowly or long you've conditioned the skin and hair for shaving.

After shaving, the burnt feeling is strong and uncomfortable.

After the first use, expect the protection strips to be nonexistant and the moisture strips to break off and flake away, making these expensive blade heads single use.

Falls short of hype and beard hair

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Clean Shaven

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Nicks And Cuts
  • Not Close Enough
  • Razor Burn

• In-shower Shaving

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

After shaving, the burnt feeling is strong and uncomfortable.

• Hair Texture:
  • Coarse Hair

from Georgia

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

The Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor is a razor that I have had since I was twenty years old. Gillette Fusion sent me this razor as a birthday gift and I couldn't stop using it. The durability of this razor is great. I have been using it twice weekly for three years and it is still in perfect shape. It rids all unwanted hair without causing me razor bumps and razor scars. I don't have to apply this razor to the hairy areas more than once because it shaves everything I need to come off immediately during the first use. I would highly recommend this to men who are very hairy and are looking for a product that won't cause them scarring or razor bumps while shaving off all undesirable hair.

the best product for me by far.

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

This product has changed my life dramatically since I've started to use it. I use to have a hard time keeping clean shaven with the other product I was using and I never fully got the smooth shave I was wanting for. After I switched up to the Gillette proglide I saw a immediate difference in my face and I suggest that anyone who is in need of a great razor should definitely check out the Gillette fusion proglide

One of the better razors in the market.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

I really like this brand because its a great quality razor that really does what its says. Will keep you looking fresh for days. It leaves a really clean shave that last for days with out the bother of skin rashes like some other brands. Once you try this brand of razor you wont go back to the simple brands, trust me this is worth the price and the ladies will notice you.

Smooth!

from Johnsburg, NY

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

I bought one of these razors for my husband but wasn't sure if the cost was worth the benefit. My husband loves it. However, the cost is really high for the refills. The initial outlay is negligable since there are so many coupons out there but wow- the refills are ridiculously expensive. It is actually cheaper to just buy a new razor. The blades last a really long time but still it is a treat for us to buy because of our finances!

My hubby loves it

from Franklin Square, NY

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

So I saw this promotion online where they were giving away Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor. So of course I filled out the form and I actually got the razor. I gave it to my husband (who was using an electric razor).

He gave it a try and he loves it now, he said it gives him a good close, clean shave. The proglide came with only on cartidage. But for getting it free I don't mind. It is battery operated and it does indicate when the battery is low.  He has been using it everyday since I received it in the mail.

I have seen many coupons that can be applied to purchasing this razor, so that makes it a plus. My husband said that the product works and he will continue to use it. Now I just need to find some coupons to get the refill cartidages. OF course the refills are somewhat expensive, but sometimes you need to spend a little bit more money to get a better working product and since it's something he uses everyday  it will be worth it.

Don't waste your money

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

I am a couponer/cheapskate so I normally would not buy a disposable razor/razorheads that cost so much, but I happened on a great deal so happily I dove in and got a few. WOW the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor is NOT for us. Nor do I think it is a good buy and here's why:

- It's WAY too expensive for what it is

- The razor head is always falling off during use and has caused several nicks/cuts this way

- The handle design is not comfortable and is hard to hold when in the shower/gets wet

- The razor heads do not stay sharp/last very long especially when you consider how much they cost

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the Gillette company and their products but not this particular product. Im not even sure if I would get this again even if it was free.

Best razor I have ever owned

from Oregon, WI

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

This razor is great. I have never had an issue with the smoothness of the shave. With other razors, if I didn't shave a couple of days, when I did shave it would tug and pull on the stubble. This razor does not do that, and gives me a great shave that seems to last longer than other razors. I would definitely recommend this razor.

Close Smooth Shave

from Westminster, CO

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

I received my first Gillette Fusion Proglide for a sample in the mail and was excited to try it. Originally it was going to be for my husband but I snagged it before he got to even try it and ended up having to get one for him. The shave is so clean and smooth and the best part is that it has Gillette's Best Shave or your money back guarantee. Any product with a guarantee is probably going to be one of the best and this is no exception. The blades are thinner and a microcomb helps guide stubble to the blades for less tug and pull. I will definitely try this again depending on the price in the future and if I can find coupons as they are pricey without them. This is a razor that I would definitely recommend you try.

Awesome

from Mcdonough, GA

Comments about Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor:

To start the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor is a long name for a razor. The results however is nothing to thumb your nose at. I have been only using this new razor for about 2 months. Just looking at the razor in its packaging is like something out of a space movie. Even Chubaka could not find anything negative about the ProGlide Razor because it does just that.....ProGlide. When I took it out of the packaging and stared it down, I got a bit nervous because it has so many blades and I am thinking what are the odds 1 out of 5? When I used it its was fantastic. The ProGlide did not pull, it cut. Always a great sign. Now my old razor gave me nics and small cuts and snagged. It was totally time for something new and this sure is it. Oh yeah, and the packaging it came is is turned into a caddy for the razor. It fits in my grooming drawer. When I pulled it out for another shave it was perfectly dry, that makes the razor last longer as well. This Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor meet my needs perfectly. Thanks Gillette!