3.6

Pros

Cons

Gillette: The "Meh"st A Man Can Get

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

The title of this review should tell you all you need to know about my feelings regarding Gillette shaving cream: this cannot be the best a man can get, can it? Let's start with the cream itself: no matter how much I lather my face with copious amounts of the product, the product does not work itself into a satisfactory lather upon my face, almost as if the cream dissolves upon itself as it touches my skin. Then there is the almost sickening scent of generic shaving cream that permeates when one uses the product, which, much like its lathering abilities, and its ability to conform to someone with sensitive skin, and its ability to give someone a close shave, showcases that this is a product that wants to get its job done, no more and no less, and yet, in the end, it doesn't even do a good job of doing the job it is supposed to do for the consumer. Men deserve better than this so-called "best a man can get".

Perfect for sensitive skin

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

I have been using Gillette foamy regular shave foam since I began shaving, and my father has been using it for as long as I can remember. I have never had any complaints. I have sensitive skin and this product has never caused me any irritation. One bottle typically lasts me several months and I don't see any degradation of the quality of the foam. I have also found that you only need to use a little shaving foam at a time because it goes a long way. I highly recommend this product. It is good for beginning shavers as well as old veterans.

I chose this product because it does not have a strong scent. I am constantly around individuals who have allergies to certain scents and I have to be cautions of the scents that I use (i.e. deodorant, etc). While this products is excellent for me, if you are looking for a scented shaving foam you will probably want to try a different product.

Nice shaving foam

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

I have been using this product for many years now and till this day have not complaints. I like the way it makes your skin feel and the smell you get after shaving. Another good thing about this product is that it does not cost much compared to other shaving foams.

Gillette foamy regular shave foam completes any job that you put it to do. The foam really helps shaving leaving your face extra smooth.

The scent in this product is great, it does not irritate your skin and your feel clean after shaving.

use one of the other gillette products

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

I quite like the Gillette brand as my shaving cream, but this type is just not up to par. Perhaps I am spoiled by the other creams with aloe or other moisturizers, but I find this protects my skin much worse than some other similar types. I am not a big fan of this, and I would recommend other brands first.

I love the foam from Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

While I don't normally use men's shaving cream or unnatural body care products, I'm using the shaving cream that is in my mom's guest bathroom, and that's **Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam**. I'm surprised at how much I like this product. Scent and ingredients aside, this is a decent product!

One little press of the button and you get a TON of pillowy soft shaving cream. It's a dense foam and I like that. I rub it on my legs and it creates a smooth shaving surface that has prevented cuts from my razor. I can see how this would be an ideal product for men, but it's also great for a woman's legs!

I can't rate the scent poorly because it is, after all, a men's shaving cream. It does have a strong manly scent to it, but I imagine men like it.

Gillette Foamy Works About as Well as Any

from Houston, TX

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

Shaving is part of the daily work/school preparation routine for most men and since it is something you have to do daily, it is easy to lose interest in such a mundane task and forget about the products you use and their effectiveness. Shaving cream isn’t given much thought by the majority of men, but there is a difference among them and one shaving cream I have used with good results is **Gillette Foamy Shaving Cream**, one of the original Gillette shaving products.

**Shaving Cream Facts and Commentary:**

Gillette Foamy Shaving Cream is s basic shaving cream. It is white in color and dispenses from the metal can all foamy and ready to apply. Just a small amount is all it takes to cover the face and prep for shaving.

Gillette Foamy Shaving Cream is a thick shaving cream and it offers a decent smell that is almost gender- neutral, but leans toward the masculine. The cream performs decently well at prepping the skin for shaving, but one must make sure to use the warmest water possible, both to wash the skin before applying the shaving cream and throughout the shaving process, for the most comfort and best results.

Gillette Foamy Shaving Cream is a less expensive product when compared to the shaving gels available from Gillette and other companies, but I find that I don’t like it quite as well as Gillette’s gel or others’ gels. I prefer the gel because I like the way it lubricates better, which leads to a more comfortable shave.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Gillette Foamy Shaving Cream is a good Gillette product and it makes an acceptable option when funds are low. It works about as well as any shaving cream, but its performance cannot match that of Gillette Series gel or other, shaving products.

Gillette Foamy works as well as any shaving cream and the results are good.

The scent with this product is very ordinary- a more masculine scent would be nice.

Gillette Foamy (Regular) This is the way to shave!

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Gillette Foamy Regular Shave Foam:

If you are anything like me, you know that there's something about a great shave. You can miss a haircut but you can't miss your shave. I used to shave with Edge shaving gel and I will leave those cans in my home but I aint touching. After using this foam from Gillitte I don't see myself going back. I can't!

This product is like no other that I know. The shave that you receive is outstanding. It's close, it doesnt leave spots of unshaved territory even though you passed az brand new blade slowly over it, man this product is too good for me to write everything about.

The foam smells very very good! It feels good in your hand, on your face and that shave is awesome. I honestly wish I knew about this product about 7 years ago. You live and you learn right? I learned that this product surpasses any other shaving product I know of. Gillette you are now my safety net.