Other Coffee Makers:

Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

It sounded too good to be true but this didn't disappoint me!

The *Gevalia CM-500 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker* cost me nothing when I signed up for deliveries of various Gevalia coffees.  (I even earned MyPoints by signing up through their...Read complete review

The *Gevalia CM-500 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker* cost me nothing when I signed up for deliveries of various Gevalia coffees.  (I even earned MyPoints by signing up through their portal site.)

Gevalia coffees come in a variety of flavors, including special holiday assortments and seasonal selections.  You can also arrange to have filters included with the orders.  Gevalia also offers a great selection of gift or gourmet items for sale, available from their website or through hard-copy promotions included with the shipments.  If you are a single person, or part of a small household, you can adjust the frequency of your orders to ship as far as 20 weeks apart.  (For prices, see the Gevalia website at Gevalia.com.)

Works fine, but it's not as nice as you'd think.

Granted, this coffeepot was free, *but...* one would think that ordering "gourmet" high-end coffee might be associated with a little bit nicer piece of machinery.  Yes, it does have the programmable timer, which is my favorite feature, so my coffee can be ready and waiting for me in the morning.  But it requires a special type of filter, and the stainless steel shows up every smudge and fingerprint.  And in the process of getting the coffee prepared, it somehow ends up leaking water all over my countertop.  It does have a sort of low-end feel to it.  But regardless, the cup of coffee it turns out is always delicious.

I Love This Coffee Maker!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I really love this coffee maker! I have had it for 6 years now and am still happy with it! It brews your coffee perfectly! You will love the taste of your coffee! This was a great purchase!

Brew Performance
This 12 cup coffee maker brews absolutely delicious coffee. It takes just the right time to brew. Your coffee has so much body and flavor with this machine. I didn't appreciate it as much until it finally stopped working as well as it used to. I purchased a different brand and yuck! The coffee maker brewed coffee tasting water. I'm spoiled, so I will purchase another one of these again. Love it!

This coffeemaker is very easy to clean. I use a mixture of vinegar and water on the outside. We ave very hard water where I live. When the coffee maker starts taking to long to, I run through a mixture of vinegar and water through it and all the sediments come out. I run clear water through it twice more, and it's cleaned. The glass pot itself is easy to clean in soap and water or on the top rack of the dishwasher. The removable filter holder is easy to clean with soap and water also. Very easy to clean!

The coffeemaker is very easy to use. Put a filter in the filter holder, close the top. Fill the coffee pot with water, open the area for the water, press on twice, and your done. If you want to program the maker, just set the time, am or pm, press the button once, the button will turn red, and it's done. Coffee will start brewing at the time you set. Perfect for waking up to a delicious cup of coffee every morning.

I really love the looks of this coffeemaker. The white with a little stainless steel looks very pretty sitting on my counter. Nice and sturdy design, not a cheap thin plastic.

I used this coffeemaker 365 days of the year for 6 years. It held together fine. No broken parts. I think I have worn this one out though. It's taking longer to brew even after cleaning with the vinegar and water solution.

• Brew Performance:

I received a Gevalia Coffee Maker as a gift.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Several years, ago, I received a Gevalia 12 Cup Coffee Maker as a gift for the purchase of coffee from Gevalia, sent at set intervals. When I first received the coffee maker, I thought that it was a nice coffee maker, with the programmable features that was on the maker. I could program the coffee maker for the time I wanted it to start the next morning or whenever. It worked fine for a while, but then the programmable capabilities of the coffee maker begin to not function properly. I believe that I only had this Gevalia 12 Coffee Maker for about 2 years, before the plate burned out. This coffee maker did not last as long as some cheaper brands I had purchased, beforehand. But to receive it free for purchasing coffee from Gevalia was a steal. But I would not recommend purchasing this brand of Coffee Maker, unless you get a warranty for a certain amount of years.

The brewing was good.

Clean-up was fairly easy.

Once I programmed the coffee maker according to given directions, it was simple to operate. But the ability to program this coffee maker begin to function improper within a short time of me receiving it.

I liked the design.

The coffee maker did not last 2 years, before the plate had burned out.

Gevalia coffee maker

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

So I received this coffee maker for free during a promotion that Gevalia was having. I figured with it being free that it would be an awful coffee maker and last maybe a month. Boy was I wrong! This is actually a really good coffee maker, it makes great coffee and has lasted me for four years already! I love that you can program it to brew so you have a hot pot waiting for you in the morning. It is easy to clean and looks great on my counter.

Brew Performance
Brews an excellent cup of coffee, I've had this now for years and still brews wonderfully.

Very easy to clean, parts remove easily so you can really get down in there and clean.

Setting up the clock and programming is extremely easy, I did not even have to use the manual.

It is very nice with a silver metallic finish on the front. Looks great on the counter. Perfect size too!

Has held up great over the years. I have taken it apart and washed it many times and it still works like new.

good coffee

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I got the coffee maker for free for just buying the coffee. I do enjoy the coffee and by being able to make 12 cups; it would last me all day. You can program it at night and the next morning when you awake, you will have fresh coffee to drink and it couldn't be no easier than that. The coffee that they have, I think it is better than some that you buy in the store. I liked the roasted blend the best and then the dark roast, which is a stronger blend of coffee and I love strong coffee. I like it black with sugar. I am the only in the house that drinks coffee; but this is one brand that I really like. I have told others of this brand of coffee and some have tried it and they love it also. The coffee maker is the only one that I have ever had that I could program it at night for the next morning. and that is a plus in my book for any coffee maker. Like I said, I received the coffee maker free with the purchase of the coffee blends. I just had to order two blends of the coffee that I would like to try. That was an offer that I just couldn't refuse.

• Brew Performance:

Great machine!! This machine gets the job done.

from Houston, Texas

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This machine brews great coffee and has a chic design. It does not require a filter as it comes with its own washable filter that has a unique design. I think that the unique design of the filter is what makes the coffee brew so well.

Brew Performance
Coffee comes out good and dark. It actually soaks the grinds and releases all of the flavor. The unique filter design I think is responsible for this. No more disposable filters. This one is a washable and reusable wire filter.

Very easy to clean and the carafe can is dishwasher safe.

Simple to use. Has very little buttons compared to some I have seen.

Chic black and stainless steel design is powerful yet compact and easily accessible!!!

I used to buy cheap coffee machines because I did not know the difference but when I finally bought this one I could definitely tell the difference. I initially liked it because it was programmable but the brew makes all the difference. I definitely fell in love the first time I used it!!

Love my Gevalia!

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I love my Gevalia coffee maker so much that I usually try to have an extra one on hand in case mine ever quits! However they last quite a long time even with heavy use. I like that I can program it so my coffee is ready when I get up in the morning. This is one of the BEST coffee makers I have ever used.

Good coffee maker

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My husband and I have gotten a lot of use out of this coffee maker, but it does wear down over time.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker brews very fast and consistently. We always enjoy a good cup!

Because of the shape of this coffee maker, it is hard to get the pieces out to clean them. We just leave them in the machine and wipe them with a cloth.

You can program this to have your coffee ready at a certain time, but we never do. It's easier to just have the coffee in it the night before and press one button to turn it on than to fool with setting the clock.

The design looks nice, but it's hard to get the pieces out to clean them. I think they were thinking too much about looks and not enough about making coffee.

We have had this machine for 4 or 5 years. It still makes coffee as good as ever, however it used to stop brewing when you take the pot out from under it while it's brewing, but now it doesn't. It's a rare occasion for us to want the coffee before it's done brewing, but it is nice to be able to do that on occasion.

• Brew Performance:

A great investment, makes it so easy!

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I never thought I'd be able to give up my morning convenience coffee, but this pot has changed my mind. I love being able to set my coffee to brew in the morning so I don't have to wait to leave the house for my caffeine. It brews fast, and I love that I can snag the pot to pour a cup before the entire pot has brewed. Buying the right coffee and creamer makes a difference, and I love that I don't have to worry about a barista ruining my morning fix. I love that I can make the perfect cup every morning. I've had it for 5 years now, and it still works wonderfully. Skip the cheap coffee pots and invest in this, after just a few mornings drinking at home it will have paid for itself!

Brew Performance
This brews quickly yet still makes an awesome cup of coffee.

I don't suppose this is any tougher than other machines I have used. Using Pinterest I found that running vinegar through the brew cycle will pretty much clean up any stains, and it has worked on this coffee pot. Just make sure to run a few cycles of plain water to rinse it out afterwards.

Setting the timer the night before is the best feature ever! Waking up to the glorious smell of hot coffee in the morning is the best.

The design matches my modern kitchen and stainless steel appliances perfectly. I didn't know how stylish a coffee pot could be, and dreaded having some ugly monster taking up counter space, but it doesn't stand out at all.

I've had this for several years and it still brews as wonderfully as it did from the very beginning.

Decent

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I got this coffee maker 6 or 7 years ago and only starting frequently using it within the last 3. I got it from Gevalia after finishing some sort of promotion where I bought so much coffee and got the maker for free. The carafe broke this year while setting it down on the counter and it was somewhat poorly designed as it would always spill coffee as you were pouring it no matter how careful you were. I've never programmed it before as its just not as convenient to do as one would think. It is a very decent coffee maker though, but my biggest problem with it is that its only a twelve cup maker if you're drinking 4 ounces at a time. Who does that? I think most coffee mugs are at least 6 ounces, so 4 is absolutely pointless. Also, finding water levels and adjusting how much coffee to put in becomes more difficult and you have to learn how and where without relying on the marks on the carafe or the side of the maker. Otherwise decent.

Gevalia Coffee Maker

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I actually got this coffee maker for free from a promo that Gevalia was running on their website. I figured that it was probably going to be a total piece of crap, but it's great! I love this thing. It's easy to use, and has lasted me over a year and is still going strong. I know that the single serve coffee is the new rage, but I like iced coffee, so I make a whole pot and let it cool down. Perfect for what I need it for.

Brew Performance
Brews fast, holds a ton. You can remove the pot to pour a cup while the machine is still brewing. It doesn't keep pouring out and spill everywhere, it just holds the coffee in the top part until you put the pot back in.

I just wipe the unit clean and throw the pot in the dishwasher. Really easy to clean.

Super easy to use and program. The directions are easy to follow and it will work fine even if it isn't programmed.

Great. It has been running perfectly for over a year and I don't see any problems in the near future.