2.5

2.5

Its amazing

from Ex, san diego. Ca

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Affordable

Cons

• Loud
  • Pricey

• Anywhere
  • Larger Rooms

Its Amazing

• Primary use:
  • Business
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It did nothing

from Kansas

Comments about Germ Guardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer:

I was given the Germ Guardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer as a house-warming gift. I was excited about it because it seemed much more convenient than a full size purifier and there are no filters to change. My excitement soon wore off when I realized that it was doing nothing at all except being excessively loud.

I placed the device in my bathroom. The area was small enough so I figured it would keep it smelling fresh and eliminate any mold spores. The packaging mentioned how it was "whisper-quiet". This claim is false; I am not sure how the little device made so much noise! I could hear it over my central air. I gave it a few weeks and never noticed it doing much of anything. It did not seem to keep the air fresh. I moved it to a spare bedroom that had my cat's litter box in it to see if it made a difference in there. Once again, it did nothing.

This little purifier did nothing in my home. It was very loud. I do not recommend it.

Filter Availability
Does not use filters so there is no need to have to worry about them!

• Ease of Maintenance:
  • Dust/Allergen Removal:
  • Filter Availability:

The Germ Guardian is a noisy little guy

from Hilo, HI

Comments about Germ Guardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer:

I'm still on the fence w/ this product, but the husband likes it. We bought it while on stay-cation in a stinky condo. It was too noisy for the bedroom at night. It did not work on the foul odors in there, but we brought it home anyway because it was affordable, and we wanted to give it a fair chance. We kept it near the stairs (kind of below them) by a bathroom, the 'pantry' and the back door. The musty, funky, moldy smell eventually left, and it gave a nice light to the dark walkway, but I could hear it when nearby and it is annoying, high-pitched hum eventually wore on me. I gave it to my Dad, who is hard of hearing and surrounded by outdoor free-range chickens and their feathers...as far as I know, it is working well in his small space.

Meanwhile, the mustiness is back under my stairs...will have to keep searching for something that works well over there.

Update: my dad moved out of the chicken house, and I don't know if he kept it, but he did like it. I kind of wish I had kept it, but put it in another area of the house where we don't spend much time, but is musty. Oh well. If they fixed the noise problem, I would buy another one.

Ease of Maintenance
No filters. I gave it away before I had to worry about changing the bulb.

Dust/Allergen Removal
Allergens, mustiness yes. Dust...no. No filter, no fan.

Filter Availability
N/A. Can't speak about bulbs.

Seemed wellmade. Small and out of the way, compare to other products I have.

My main gripe was the high pitched whine it made. It drove me batty.

• Ease of Maintenance:
  • Dust/Allergen Removal:
  • Filter Availability:

Total waste of money

from Jersey Shore, PA

Comments about Germ Guardian Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer:

I bought this thing out of despiration. I have a very small bathroom. It has a toilet, sink and room for 2 people to stand, that's it. This bathroom is really only used by my boys and it always smells. No matter what I do, clean it daily, room deodorizers, air fresheners, nothing works. So I thought I'd try something expensive. Anything I can get to make this smell go a way. Being such a small area I figured an air purifier would work, and this neat little plug in would be really nice. I did get a nice deal on the unit in early December, anxious to try it out. Within a week I noticed.... nothing. I figured these things can take time so not to rush judgement. After 2 months of this thing being plugged in 24/7 it made no difference what so ever in the room. It's noisy (our bathroom is right off the living room so this can be annoying), wastes electricity and does nothing! I would not recommend this thing to anyone.