Other Baby Foods:
Gerber

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

So good I could eat the whole bag!

My youngest son loves almost all Gerber Graduate foods. He gets so excited to see a yellow box or bag in our house. He knows it will be a tasty treat.Read complete review

I first discovered Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts while looking for new snacks. They looked yummy and were healthy so I grabbed a bag. We tried the strawberry ones first but there are peach and mixed berry flavors too.

The yogurt snacks are 99.9% real fruit and yogurt. They even contain live and active cultures just like the refrigerated kind. There are no artificial sweeteners, flavors or preservatives providing your little one the benefits of yogurt without the mess. My son loved these and once my older son ate them he loved them too! Actually the whole family likes these. For some reason they are a little difficult to find now. I guess the word got out about how delicious and healthy they are!

Your little one doesn't even have to like yogurt to enjoy these freeze dried snacks. Gerber Graduates Yogurt Bites are a hit at my house. These are definitely recommended.

Stuck to the roof of my baby's mouth for almost 24 hrs :(

Because these are so sweet, my 7-month old son opened his mouth for more and more of them. Normally he doesn't do this if he hasn't finished his last bite. Then he started fussing and I found a huge ball of these yogurt melts stuck in his mouth. I quickly removed the sticky ball. The next day he was laughing laying down next to me and I saw residue of these on the roof of his mouth! It had been almost 24 hours and it was stuck up there. Now I'm worried about cleaning his gums. I will not give him these again.

A yummy treat for babies and toddlers!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

My kids loved these when they were little. They are a good size for little hands. They can get a little messy, but not any worse then some of the other things out there. They are very tasty. I would nibble on these from time to time and they were pretty good. I probably wouldn't buy these all the time because they are a little more pricey than other things out there for the amount that you get. They are fun to have every now and then though. These were safe for little ones. They melt pretty well and fast in their mouths. These are best if a baby doesn't put a bunch of these in their mouth at a time. I would buy these again sometimes if I had another baby. They are a fun little treat for little ones. The bag of them also fits well in a diaper bag. They are good for on the go.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in these are pretty good.

Safety
These are pretty safe for babies and toddlers. They melt in their mouths pretty easily as long as they don't put a bunch in their mouths at a time.

My Baby Girl Votes Yes to Gerber Baby Melts

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

Yogurt melts did not exist when I had my first child, so I was intrigued to see these Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts in the store and give them a try for my 8-month-old. First, these are meant for a baby who is crawling and getting around well on their own. These dissolve so quickly in my child's mouth that really you could probably give them earlier, but just always be sure to watch how your child tries to eat and swallow a new food. My daughter really likes the taste of these yogurt melts. The peach and strawberry ones are her favorites. The ingredients in them are okay, not too many GMO ingredients but there are a couple. There is some added sugar as well, but this is not something that I would feed my daughter all the time so that is okay. These are great for a quick snack and not very messy since they just pop them in their mouths and gum on them until they dissolve which does not take very long. I would recommend these yogurt melts for your baby to try. They do come in the organic variety as well which is what I prefer.

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

Anyone who has young children knows that they are always hungry even shortly after eating a meal. Gerber Graduates snacks are great for snacking kids because they require little or no preparation and they are healthy because they contain Gerber quality ingredients and offer snacks with a fair amount of vitamins and minerals. My son always loved the Gerber Graduates yogurt melts! They come in a few different yogurt flavors and they all taste really great! They are easy to chew and swallow and they melt in your mouth easily so there's no choking on these! They are also very convenient to have as a snack when you are traveling long or short distances.
The Gerber Graduates food labels will really help you know when your child is ready to consume different types of foods! I really trust Gerber to provide high quality snacks for young kids.
Overall, I would definitely recommend Gerber Graduates yogurt melts as a nutritious snack for young kids!

• Safety:

My children do not like these yogurt melts

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

I received a high value coupon in the mail for a package of Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts. I paid very little out of pocket for this product and would not purchase this product again. First, the yogurt melts did not actually melt in my baby's mouth. The melt just kind of sat in his mouth, dissolved a little, and did not melt right away. My son eventually spit the yogurt melt out and did not want to try another one. I tried one of the yogurt melts and found the same thing. It just sat in my mouth and eventually dissolved a little. I ate the entire yogurt melt and found that it left a strange aftertaste in my mouth and it also left a noticeable film on my teeth. I am typically very impressed with the quality of Gerber products but these yogurt melts are an exception to this impression. I do not recommend Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts as a snack for your baby. The quality is simply not there.

Safety
These yogurt melts do not dissolve right away.

Yogurt Melts

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

I really don't know how to feel about the Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts. I got these for my daughter because she is just learning to eat solid food. She hasn't quite grasped the concept of completely chewing her food before she swallows it, so I need snacks that will melt a little in her mouth. That way, it she doesn't chew it all the way, she won't choke on it. I used the Gerber puffs for my boys when they were babies, but I think they are too plain tasting for my daughter. I tried these before I gave them to her, and I thought they tasted very strange. The Gerber Graduate Yogurt Melts also have a weird consistency. I don't really know how to explain it, but it almost feels like eating a soft piece of chalk. My daughter loves them, but I don't love the ingredients. The way these things are marketed, they make them see like a healthy option. They are anything but healthy. These yogurt melts are loaded with sugar and preservatives. I still give them to her sometimes because she loves them, but they need to make them healthier. The bag is resealable, so they are easy to put in your purse.

Great Tasting for anyone

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

My sister-in-law tried these when she was on a long train trip and needed healthy snacks, they are essentially yogurt that does not need to be refrigerated, how great is that! They taste fantastic even for adults. They just melt in your mouth, yummy for adults and kiddos. I gave these to my little girls when they were babies, between the two of them they would eat the entire package in one sitting if I let them. As a mom of twins it was great to have something that they could eat themselves that I knew was not to bad for them. I took them everywhere with us when my girls were small, we traveled a lot, so it was great to have quick snacks that could be left in the diaper bag.

Quality of Ingredients
It is Gerber, and there is a certain amount of confidence that comes with that name.

Safety
Dissolves right in your mouth. It is hard to choke on something that dissolves. Of course, that does not mean you can leave your child unsupervised, please still watch them, but I am confident that this is safe for my child.

Awesome

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

My daughters both love the Ferber melts. I am always on the look out for healthy snacks for my girls. They love it when I find healthy snacks that taste good like the melts. Not only are they healthy but they are also very easy for my smallest one to chew and digest. I never have to worry about her choking because they melt quickly and are even easier for her to swallow. They are also great for traveling. I take them everywhere we go! Since they do not go bad in the heat we take them with us to the pool, the park, play dates, and in the car. They clean up very easily and my girls make little to no mess while eating them unlike many other snacks that we have tried before. I put gerber melts out at any of our play dates and all ages even the mommies enjoy these delicious snacks. All moms trust them because they are healthy, made by one of the most trusted baby companies, and the most important reason of the children love them.

A decent choice

from Richmond VA

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

I generally prefer to feed my child whole, organic foods, but hey...we don't always have time to be hippies. I bought these for my son when we had been stuck in traffic for ages, knowing he would be getting hungry and hoping they would keep him happy and tide him over until dinnertime. These are so good in a pinch! They taste really nice, melt quickly (so you don't have to be worried about a choking hazard, which is a huge load off of your mind in the car), and are so convenient. I haven't bought them since that one day, but I was pleased enough with them that I would consider buying them again.

Quality of Ingredients
They're a lot higher in sugar than I would prefer and they aren't as pure as I prefer, but overall, you could do a whole lot worse. My son loved how they tasted, and I thought they were pretty good myself.

Safety
These dissolve very quickly in the mouth, which helps to significantly reduce the risk of choking.

convenient snack for toddler

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

I bought these for my first child after a friend showed me them and raved about them for her toddlers. The advantages are that they are easy to find in a grocery store, taste good to the children and come in a variety of flavors, have less sugar than some other kids treat alternatives, are easy for small kids to handle since they melt in the mouth, and are not very messy. The disadvantages are that they are quite expensive, even on sale, so a bag does not last long, especially if you have multiple little ones. I just only buy them now on special occassion like for when we have to travel on the airplane.

Quality of Ingredients
I still prefer more all natural snacks but these are at least somewhat healthier than other sweet options.

Safety
Even though the pieces are small, they melt easily in the child's mouth so I have not experienced any difficulties with ny kids eating these. I wait until my kids are over one though and they have both had six teeth by this point so that also helps with the chewing.

• Safety:

Both of my children love these!

Comments about Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts:

Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts are very yummy! Yes, I've tried them and I have to keep myself from eating them all! Both of my children love these yogurt melts. Unfortunately, one of my children had dairy sensitivities, which kept her from being able to eat these. Since she would beg and cry for them in the pantry, I had to stop buying them. They are little solid drops of yogurt goodness. They are the perfect size for little fingers to pick them up. It also adds some dairy in a child's diet. They come in several different flavors (mixed berry, strawberry, peach, etc)...all of which are delicious. They are a bit on the expensive side, but who wants to make yogurt melts at home? They keep well in a resealable pouch. I kept a pouch in the car to have as a tasty no-mess snack for my children. The heat and cold didn't affect their quality. They can be bought at most grocery stores, which is convenient.