Other Baby Foods:

Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

My son can't get enough!

I have just recently purchased Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies for my son.  I have bought him Cheese Puffs, Nilla Wafers and the Gerber Graduates Fruit Puff's before but wanted to get him something different.  These cookies are round in shape, have a cut out center (a small one) and the shape reminds me sort of a flower petal, they are also a decent size.  They aren't too much cookie for him to be getting.  The bag states that they are a good source of calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin E for toddlers which I'm really hapy about!

The taste of the Arrowroot Cookie is pretty good, it sorta reminds me of a sugar cookie...a pre-packaged sugar cookie without a lot of sugar!  My son enjoys eating these cookies for snack, he can't seem to get enough of them.  I'll give him one and before he's done eating the one he has he's practically begging for another one.  He does a good job at eating them too.  He'll bite off little pieces of the cookie and chew them up.  The cookie doesn't really crumble in his hands either, which is nice...much better than the Biter Biscut!

All in all a good product to try out!

These cookies are made especially for toddlers!

Before I started buying my son regular snacks and treats that are on the traditional snack shelves in the grocery store, I was suckered into buying all the "toddler snacks" that Gerber has come out with.

Gerber has created a whole line of snacks and goodies that are specifically designed for toddlers, called **Gerber** **Graduates**.  They are supposed to be "easy to chew and swallow" and easy to hold or pick up.  After buying almost everything on the Gerber Graduates line, I realized that these products don't seem very different from regular snacks, except for the price.

**Gerber Graduates For Toddlers Arrowroot Cookies **are round, crunchy cookies that come in a resealable bag.  I'm not sure what is so special about arrowroot flour.  After all, it is the 5th ingredient on the ingredient list and enriched flour is #1.  The bag claims that these cookies are "a good source of calcium, iron & zinc".  Maybe that is why they cost the same as let's say, Nilla Wafers, but you only get half as much.

I do have to say that I like that there are no artificial colors or flavors.  The resealable bag is handy and prevents the cookies from going stale.  With that being said, I think the marketing ploy of advertising these products for toddlers in genius.  I fell for it, so I'm sure parents across the world are doing the same.  When it comes down to it, some of the Gerber Graduate snacks are specifically appropriate for toddlers because of the size and their ability to dissolve quickly, but most of the products are just over-priced snacks that you can buy in the regular snack section of the grocery store.  I do like the [Gerber Graduates Mini Fruits][1] .  They are small pieces of freeze-dried fruit that have no added sugar and dissolve very quickly.

**The Scoop!**

**Gerber Graduates For Toddlers Arrowroot Cookies **is the last "toddler" snack I bought my son.  Since then, he has been eating Nilla Wafers, Pretzels, Raisins and all the other small snacks that are appropriate for little ones.  If the price of Gerber Graduates snacks were not twice the price, for half the product, I would probably continue to buy them.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Gerber-Graduates-For-Toddlers-Mini-Fruits-review-84e60

Great snack to keep in the diaper bag!

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

My toddler absolutely loves Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies. Initially, I was hesitant about purchasing this product. I assumed that this product was loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients because it is a cookie. After doing a little research, I realized that this was not the case. While this is a snack for my toddler and it is a cookie, I feel that it is a relatively healthy choice for my toddler. Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies are a great snack choice to keep in the diaper bag. My toddler often gets fussy when he is hungry and these cookies help tide him over if we are away from home and he needs something to eat before lunch or dinner. These cookies to not make a huge mess or generate a lot of crumbs so they are a good choice for a snack that my toddler can eat in the car. Overall, I definitely recommend this product. These cookies are high in quality and my toddler loves them!

Wonderful snack!

from TN

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

I love Gerber products. I especially love these Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies. I started my daughter out on these when she was about seven or eight months old. She absolutely loved them! Typically I only gave her one at a time and that seemed to be just enough for her. She was able to eat them really easily. They became musty really fast so they were perfect for her. My daughter is now nineteen months old and she still eats these. I like to give her these cookies for snacks because they are more healthy for her than some normal cookies are. I recommend it these cookies to anyone who wants their baby to have a nice snack that is suitable for a child their age.

Quality of Ingredients
From what I have seen, Gerber uses great quality ingredients in all of their products. This makes me feel better knowing they are good for my child.

Safety
There are risks with any food for small kids, but these cookies really do put my mind at ease more than other snack foods. They dissolve really well and make it easy for a baby to eat them.

• Safety:

My baby likes these cookies.

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

Gerber is a trusted name brand in my home. Gerber offers a wide variety of snacks and I am happy to report that my daughter loves the Arrowroot Cookies.

Quality of Ingredients
The Gerber Arrowroot Cookies are made with high quality ingredients. These cookies provide a good source of Vitamin E, Zinc and Calcium. The most important thing to me is that these cookies have only one gram of sugar per serving. This is a much better alternative to other snacks that have a high sugar content.

Safety
These cookies are the perfect size for toddlers that are ten months of age or older. They are easy to chew and fun to pick up and hold. My daughter enjoys playing with and eating these textured vanilla cookies. I have even tasted these cookies and they taste like vanilla wafers. The flavor is mild and not too sweet. I am thankful that Gerber has created the perfect cookie snack. I would recommend these cookies to anyone.

• Safety:

We love Gerber Graduates!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

Although the Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies can be messy once your baby starts chowing down on it, it is still a nice snack for a hungry baby. When my nephews were toddlers between 1 and 3 I babysat them often, and they loved these cookies. Their Mom recommended to me that I keep a bag in the house for them when they came and in their bag so that they would be handy when the boys asked for them. Yes, they asked for these cookies everyday. Cookies was one of their first words and these Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies were their number one choice. They are so cheap to buy to. They are made for Mom's with toddlers. They are also filled with all kinds of great things that toddlers need when they are at such an essential stage in growing. Great health is so important with children and these cookies are not like other cookies, they are safe and healthy for you child. Their not high in sugar. They are a awesome cookie.

• Safety:

One of Gerber's best products!

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

As a mother of 3, this was one of my all time favorite ''snack'' items they made! They are great for babies who are beginning to teeth, as they are hard enough to last awhile but can be chewed on and they turn almost like mush. Having tried them first as a parent, I wouldn't say they are delicious but they aren't half bad tasting at all! When my children were teething, they were a great relief when they'd chew on them and it helped with gum pain. They were also a great remedy for sick babies. They are somewhat bland tasting and easy on their tummies. They wanted this cookie treat and when all else failed, they would always go for a cookie...so at least it got something in the bellies.

Safety
These cookies are the same texture as an animal cracker but once they go into the mouth, they turn soft automatically. Choking wasn't much of a worry because even if they were to get lodged into their throat, they would melt away so quickly that I can see a very small chance of a choking hazard.

• Safety:

My kids like them. I love them.

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

I dated a 20 year old girl back in college who said that these were her favorite cookies (red flag, I know). Years later, as a stay at home dad, I finally gave them a try to see what all the fuss was about. And...they're pretty great. They taste like a really good animal cracker, but they have a a slightly different texture. They are very easily digestible and dissolve quickly in your mouth. These are not necessarily a health food, but kids love them. They are easy to hold, partly due to the hole in the middle, and have a nice appealing taste for kids. Addiction warning: if you buy these once, you'll never be able to go to the grocery store again without the kids begging for them.

Quality of Ingredients
Gerber consistently puts out high quality products you can rely on. These arrowroot cookies are definitely worthy of the Gerber name.

Safety
This cookie dissolves faster than a graham cracker, but it isn't entirely without potential choking hazard. Although, we've thankfully never had a problem with that.

Messy but delicious

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

My 1 year old has loved these for the past few months. I wanted to give her something longer lasting that those little puffs and these were a hit! It takes her about 5 minutes to finish one and she thinks they are cool. They actually smell really good and don't taste that bad. Yes, I tried one too. The shape is great, I don't know about other moms but I can be picky about food shapes, some baby cookies have a shape that screams choking hazard. Not these though. A fun round ring shape almost like a little flower. Easy for baby's little hands to grasp onto. These probably aren't the healthiest snack out there, but for an occasional treat in think they are just fine. I like the bright packaging also and the price is decent. There are always coupons available for Gerber products as well so that is wonderful. Definitely recommended if you are looking for a new and fun snack for your baby or toddler.

• Safety:

A great way to reward a toddler!

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

The graduate line from Gerber has been used for both of my children. The Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies are great to give your child if you are going out somewhere and he or she is very fussy. I keep a Ziploc bag full of these cookies to keep my children from screaming in the car or in public.

• Safety:

My children love these cookies!

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

First off, we loves these cookies! Especially when we travel! But there are two concerns when it comes to these cookies. The first concern is that they are naturally messy and crumble a lot so if you let your children eat them in the car make sure you can vacuum the crumbs out shortly after or it becomes a sticky mess, especially when your child has juice too! The next concern is the fact that these cookies pose a slight choking risk, but that's detailed below. Overall though, I would definitely recommend these cookies because my children loves them and they provide a healthier alternative to the other cookies on the market!

Quality of Ingredients
They could use organic ingredients which would make this product better!

Safety
I would give this product a very good rating for safety, but naturally these hard teething like cookies pose a natural safety risk to children since they are so hard.

Cookies

Comments about Gerber Graduates Arrowroot Cookies:

My one year old loves these cookies! She will eat them up and they are easy to throw in the diaper bag and go.

Safety
Sometimes when my daughter has just a little chunk left she will put the whole thing in her mouth and choke. So make sure you watch your child closely when eating these cookies if they only have a couple teeth,