Other Baby Formulas:

Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula

Pros

Cons

What a life saver!

When my daughter was not pooping every day, had a hard stomach and was very fussy I took her into the Dr. office and they told me to just use gas drops! I **hate** medicating my children so I was not happy with their request. I went in search of something better and I came across this.

Soy based formulas are some what oily and it causes the kids to poop more...which meant that my kid was no longer constipated or had gas! She quit fussing and started sleeping much better too!

So now when I come across a friend that has been told to give their kids gas drops I just suggest this. When they try it they all have the same reaction that I did...a major sigh of relief.

**So if your kids a bit fussy and you have nothing but bottle after bottle of gas drops failing you...Just give this a try!**

Gerber Good Start With Soy Is Similiar To Breastmilk

Some babies can handle and love breastmilk which is the very best you can give them. Some babies can't latch on or there may be other problems in which a powdered formula would be the next best thing for your baby.

Gerber has been a well known company in business for many years. They are known as being one of the top makers of baby items. This is a powdered soy milk that my youngest grandson needs as a replacement to his other milk products he has tried as he has allergies to other milk substitutes. With Gerber Good Starts with Soy Plus this is the next best thing to breastmilk that he can have that is easy on his stomach. It helps to break down the proteins in it for my grandson and keeps him from spitting up as much as he used to do. My grandsons Doctor recommended this for his needs.

This is a powder formula that you would prepare by adding water to the bottle first. Then you would scoop out 1 leveled scoop for each 2 ounces of water in the bottle. You would put the bottle cap back on and shake to mix the contents.

would buy this again

from Arkansas

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Cons

• Poor Taste

• Infants
  • Newborn

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

use it for two of my kids. worked great for them when they couldnt keep any other formulla down.

I was very impressed with this brand of Formula!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

This product worked particularly well for my child, as she was experiencing colic and acid reflux and a relatively early age (2 months). This brand of formula was the only brand that actually allowed her to sleep, especially at night. She did not spit up as much and there was almost no film on her little tongue. It seemed to go down easily without upsetting her stomach.

Easily Digested
Very easy to digest for her. I liked that she was no longer painfully constipated and her BM were much more smoother and easier for her to go. One thing I also noticed with my daughter is she used to have really bad smelling BM when using the other brands. I have noticed, to my relief, that is no more. There is hardly any noticeable smell coming from her diaper since I began using this product.

Ease of Preparation
Same as any other formula. Although I would not add cereal to this, there is actually no need to do so. This product will fill the baby up and help her to sleep peacefully during the night without fussing.

Gerber Good Start Soy

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

Gerber Good Start Soy is the best formula for babies that spit up too much or just have horrible gas! I have three children, and each of them used this formula even though it was against the doctor's advice. My first son had horrible gas, and he used to spit up all the time. Nothing I did helped. The doctor recommended an acid reflux medication, but I just didn't feel comfortable giving medication to a newborn baby, so I refused it. A few days later, a friend of mine swore that Gerber Soy formula would be the answer. The first couple of days on this formula, my son was a little constipated. I assume his body was just adjusting to the new formula. After a few days, he was fine. No more gas! No more Spit up! It was a miracle. I told the doctor that I had switched formulas, and he immediately told me to switch back. He said my son didn't need the soy formula. He could never give me an answer as to why he didn't want my son on the formula. It was always my belief that he was just mad that I solved the problem after he couldn't. My next two children starting have problems with gas, and I promptly put them on this soy formula also. It made my children very happy babies!

Great formula!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

My daughter started using this when she was 4 months old because she is sensitive to non-soy formula. It also helped her acid reflux tremendously! It was very easy to prepare and she had no problem digesting it. I would recommend Gerber Soy to anyone whose baby has a problem with milk based formula.

• Ease of Preparation:

My review of this formula

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

For me this is one of the best formula my son has ever drank. He had a sensitive stomach so this was right for him. Thank GOD that one of my friends told me about this milk. My baby is know a year old and is as healthy as can be. Walking everywhere happy and always with a full stomach :)

Good for sensitive babies

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

Gerber soy is a very good formula for babies with trouble digesting lactose products such as cows milk. I always purchase the Gerber good start soy for my niece when she comes to stay the night with me and she loves the formula. The Gerber good start soy is the only formula that she can digest well. The formula leaves her feeling full every time and keeps her from spitting up throughout the day. The formula comes in either a powder a concentration or a ready feed container. The different mixes makes bottle preparation easy no matter where we are whether we are in the car or just at home. I would never try any other formula with my niece because I have put my full faith in Gerber as far as formula goes. I would most definitely reccomend Gerber good start sy to any mother that feels like their infant has a problem with lactose intolerance. It truly is a great product!

• Ease of Preparation:

One of the best soy formulas available.

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

We found out my son was lactose intolerant shortly after he was born. Even the milk i consumed made its way into my breastmilk and made him sick. We tried many alternatives but we decided on Gerber Good Start Soy. It mixes well, leaves minimal stains when he spits up, and it tastes better than most soy formulas. My son rarely spits up now and his appetite is now normal.

No more fussy baby!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

My son had so many feeding issues after he was born. He couldn't digest breast milk or milk-based formulas. We tried a number of different lactose-free and hypoallergenic formulas but nothing worked! Finally our Pediatrician recommended Gerber Good Start Soy. Wow, what a difference! The fussing stopped, the gassiness stopped and no more projectile vomiting! Happy baby and happy mommy!

Good for Colic, Bad in the Long Run

from Jackson, TN

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

When my daughter was born, she had colic and terrible acid reflux. She would yell and scream throughout the entire night and she would end up spitting up 75 percent of her milk after I fed her. I decided to switch to Gerber Good Start Soy Formula hoping that things would change. Fortunately, the soy formula did work for her. After the first month, she stopped yelling and turned into a happy baby. Although she did continue to spit up, it was nowhere near as bad as it was before. She actually started to gain weight because she was able to keep her milk down.
On the downside, my daughter will not drink regular milk now that she is three years old. All of the doctors warned me that soy milk is made from soy beans and is completely different from milk based formula. I really needed something to give her to stop the colic and help with the acid reflux, so I gave it to her anyway. As soon as she turned a year old, I tried to give her regular milk and she would not drink it. She will not drink chocolate milk or any other flavored milk as well. The doctors have told me that I will have to find other ways to make sure that she gets her calcium because drinking the soy milk was a big contributor as to why she will not drink milk. However, I would still suggest that parents give it a try to help their baby if they have colic or acid reflux but I would suggest that you try to change their formula to something else once the problem is fixed unless you want to end up with the same results that I am experiencing.

• Ease of Preparation:

No clumps and The price is affordable

Comments about Gerber Good Start Soy Baby Formula:

i give this a 5 rating because its awesome! i had no trouble getting it and it really help my son he couldn't have the regular too fussy and kept throwing up

Easily Digested
my son had no issue digested it but the enfamile he had a problem

Ease of Preparation
no clumps in the nipples easy clean up and easy to prepare