Other Baby Formulas:
Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula

Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula

• Infants (3)
    • Ease of Preparation:

i have grandchildren now and suggest carnation good start .

I would have given carnation good start to my children. if by chance it had been on the market when they were babies. Now that i;m a grandfather i suggest  to my children to use this product for my grands. i was a carnation baby when they on made carnation milk. My moms gave it to me an i grew up alright . As an adult i  have  used just about all of the product made by carnation. From the carnation milk that my  mother used to make my formula,to there instant breakfast meals for their nutritionally value. I know there are so many different types of baby formulas on the market today as opposed to when i was a baby that are just as good as carnation good start .yet carnation has been a very trusting product in my life. The name carnation has been a house-hole word around my family for five generation of babies.I hope it will continue be around as a trusted family product for my grandchildren and there children

Good Start Gentle Plus made my baby's gas WORSE

I decided to give Gerber Good Start Gentle Plus formula a try because I received several formula checks in the mail from Gerber. I bought one can of this formula and will never buy another one. My baby had been using Parent's Choice sensitive before I tried this. She still had some gas while using it, but it wasn't too bad. Within one day after I switched to Good Start Gentle Plus, my daughter's gas was worse than it had ever been before. She cried for hours because her stomach was hurting so bad. Her gas was the most awful smelling gas while she was on this formula. She was miserable. I had to switch back to Parent's Choice sensitive. I could not bear to make her continue using this formula. I think she stayed on it for two or three days. I would definitely not recommend that any parent give this formula to a child who has a problem with gas because it will only make the problem worse. Do not buy this!

Decent, not great

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Tasty

Cons

• Caused Gas
  • Caused Stomach Aches
  • Doesn't Mix Well

• Newborn

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

My daughter is seven weeks old, I tried breastfeeding but did not produce enough for her so I started using Gerber Gentle. She has been on this for about a month now, but we are considering switching to Gerber Soothe. She loves the taste of Gentle, but it gives her gas and quite a bit of constipation. I also have a hard time fully mixing it before she gets angry at me...my baby girl is serious about her meals. It breaks my heart to watch her struggle to #2, hopefully Soothe will help better her tummy.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

it is very good for children

from portland , oregon

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well

Cons

• Caused Gas

I love it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Baby formula

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Cons

• Stains

• Newborn
  • Toddlers

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

This formula was great for all of my children. They all started as enfamail babies and the enfamail was great but the price to keep the children on it was just way too much. With the Gerber it is more constant efficient. The Gerber gentle is also wic approved along with most of the other Gerber formulas which makes the formula even more cost effective for my child. The line also transfers to a toddler formula to prolong your child's health and nourishment with use of this formula. It is easy to use and mixes very quickly for the times than your little one is very impatient. I highly recommend this formula to any new mothers that are not sure of the formula line for their precious baby.

Worked wonders with my little one :-)

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

Tried several kinds of both Enfamil and Similac and both made my son fussy and constipated. After doing some online research I picked up a can of this brand for supplemented babies and things were better within a few days. The fussiness and gas eased up tremendously and he started producing a regular dirty diaper at least once a day or every other day.
Now hes no longer on supplementing just Gentle. Still working great. I was worried about switching again but hes made the transition wonderfully.

• Ease of Preparation:

Good formula but do they still make it?

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

This was the first formula I ever used for my son because it is what WIC had.. my son did best with this formula. However one day they switched to Enfamil. I don't care for Enfamil. I don't find that my child digests it as easily as he did with Gerber. No stores even carry Gerber formula around here anymore. I would recommend Gerber over Enfamil anyday. Wic told me it was the same, but I don't feel that it is. We have a lot more spit up after we switched. His bowel movements became a little more difficult. he started out with breast milk and then switched to Gerber and it was an easy transition. But from Gerber to Enfamil, was not an easy transition. Even working at Walmart, I still get asked about this Formula and it's been gone from our store for over a year.

Easily Digested
I felt that my son had an easier time with Gerber.

Ease of Preparation
Very easy.. even though all formulas are basically the same preparation.

• Ease of Preparation:

Finally found one that baby can keep down!

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

I have tried Similac, Enfamil, Gerber Soy and even a couple store brands with my daughter, and for a couple feedings or even a day or two those formula's would be okay and then I would notice that she couldn't keep them down, and wasn't tolerating them. In a somewhat frazzled state I grabbed a can of this to see if it would be any easier on her tummy and success it has!

I noticed a difference just a day into feeding my one month old Gerber Good Start Gentle. She was having regular bowel movements again, she was eating more. And there was no more spit up. Coming from how she reacted to the other formulas, this was a vast improvement.

This has been by far the best formula for her. She doesn't spit up hardly ever anymore, she eats her whole bottle.

I would recommend this formula to parents who have babies with sensitive tummys.

Easily Digested
This has been the most easily digested formula for my newborn. It seems to keep her full longer as well.

• Ease of Preparation:

I think it works better that Enfamil Gentlease.

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

My daughter was sensitive to the formula she was drinking which was Enfamil infant formula. I told her pediatrician about it and he recommended Enfamil Gentlease. He said he doesn't know why people buy Gerber Goodstart gentle formula. Well I used Enfamil Gentlease like he said for a while but I still noticed that she still would have a sensitive stomach with it and she still spit up more than other babies. So I've been giving her Gerber Goodstart gentle formula and it actually works way better than the Enfamil formula. She rarely spits up so I know it's not making her stomach feel as bad as it was feeling before. I don't know why the pediatrician doesn't recommend Gerber Goodstart to his patients because it works really good.

Easily Digested
My daughter rarely spits up so I can tell it really is gentle on her stomach. She also poops less but it's because the formula isn't upsetting her stomach.

Not gentle enough

from Empire, AL

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

We tried this formula on our son who was suffering from colic. We were told that Similac Advanced was too harsh for his tummy so our pediatrician recommended Gerber Good Start Gentle. He told us that in this formula the proteins were partially broken down to make it easier for our son to digest. The formula is easy to mix, just like all the other formulas. Just measure the powder and add the appropriate amount of water and the bottle is ready to go. Unfortunately this formula did not help with my son’s colic. As a matter of fact it gave him terrible gas. His colic did not get any better and his gas had a horrible odor. We didn’t know that the gas was due to the formula until we took him off it and immediately it cleared up. So unfortunately this formula was not good for a baby with a sensitive stomach and colic. While it says it is a gentle formula, it may not be gentle enough for babies with sensitivities.

Easily Digested
It gave my son terrible gas.

Gerber Good Start Gentle

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

When my daughter was born, the hospital was giving us Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula. I expressed to the doctors that I wanted to put her on the Gerber Soy Formula. I had two other children, and both of them did very well with the soy formula. The doctor said that wasn't a great idea because my daughter was born prematurely. He said the gentle formula would be easier for her to digest. After every feeding, my daughter would spit up half of what she had. She had horrible gas, and none of the gas medicines would help her. She was constantly fussing, and I couldn't do anything to comfort her. I decided to switch her formula against the doctor's recommendations. As soon as we switched from the gentle to soy formula, all of her problems stopped. She was barely spitting up, and she no longer had any gas. If anyone is looking at using Gerber formula, I suggest getting one other than the gentle formula.

• Ease of Preparation:

Overall A Great (Cheaper) Formula!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Gentle Baby Formula:

I have used the Gerber Good Start Gentle formula with two out of my three children. Both of them have never had any problems with it and seemed to enjoy drinking it just fine. My first child had no problems with feeding what so ever. My second one was very fussy and would always spit up her food directly after eating while we were in the hospital. We switched to the Gerber Gentle when she was a little older and have never had any problems with feedings. There has been no upset tummies, extra gas, colic, or spitting up. This is a great formula and is cheaper than a lot of other brands making it a great choice.

Ease of Preparation
This Gerber formula is extremely easy to prepare. Water is measured in ounces first and then a scoop of formula is added for every two ounces. There is a little plastic scooper inside every can. The only problem I have with the preparation of this formula is that it sometimes is hard to mix completely. It seems like it takes a lot more time to mix the powder and water than some other major brands. At the bottom of the bottle there will be small clumps but they will eventually go away with constant mixing for a while.