Other Baby Bottles:

Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle

Pros

Cons

good Nurser Baby Bottle

Above all, this has been completely designed like old-school bottles, which is not easy for the youngest to hold at all for children, especially when you remember their hands and fingers are just starting to learn how to coordinate with each other and with their mouths a little. As far as working goes Holding, it was fine for the older child, 8 months or more, at least in my opinion. Then we go to the digestive track comfort my child and this is a big factor in whether you plan to continue using / buying specific bottle. The air that gets through these bottles my child screaming pain in the abdomen until it turned into a different brand, and a bottle completely.

These bottles are ok... JUST ok.

I tried these bottles after needing to replace the set of Philips Avent bottles we had (they were too expensive to keep up with replacing the nipples). They were fairly inexpensive, and I was used to these bottles, as my mom used them with both of my younger brothers. So I picked them up to try them and wasn't very satisfied. First of all, the nipples that come with the bottles were already a size 3, which was fine at the time, but if I had bought these bottles when my son was any younger, it would've been an inconvenience. Second, it is pretty much impossible to find replacement nipples, so after using these for a month or so, I stopped because I could not find the correct size nipples. The caps on these bottles are too small, and make it difficult to put them on and take them off. Overall, while these bottles seem like a good deal, I don't think they're really worth it, and would advise buying Parent's Choice bottles instead.

good Nurser Baby Bottle

from Riyadh

About Me Child Care Professional

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

Cons

• Contains BPA

• At Home
  • Feeding
  • Heating Milk

Good for older babies.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

These are great bottles to start buying for your baby once they get past the really newborn stage and start being able to do a lot more things on their own. I started buying these when my children were about six months old. These are not good for when a baby still has problems with swallowing air and getting gas bubbles, to me they are more for a older baby that can handle the air in their tummy and also that is able to handle a nipple that is a faster flow than the newborn type bottles have.These bottles work very well and the ones I have tend to last a long time after being mistreated by a couple of little babies. These are very easy to clean and put back together, after a while though I do notice that the nipples begin to leak really bad so they do need to be replaced, also my children bit through these nipples somewhat easily compared to other bottles. These bottles worked great up until my children got onto sippy cups and they never were able to destroy one of them.

• Keeps Air Out:

Not impressed, especially for Gerber brand.

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

I love Gerber brand products so these bottles were somewhat of a disappointment to me when I bought and used them. Sure they come in attractive colors and are cost friendly but I'd rather pay more and have a plain old clear plastic bottle that kept mom and baby happy and fuss free.

Child's Comfort
First of all, these are designed just like the old school bottles which are not easy for younger babies to hold at all, especially when their little hands and fingers are just starting to learn how to coordinate with one another and with their little mouths. As far as the holding factor goes, they are fine for an older baby, at least 8 months or older in my opinion. Then we go to my child's digestive track comfort and that's a huge factor in whether I plan to continue using/purchasing a specific bottle. The air that gets through these bottles had my baby screaming in belly pain until I switched to a different brand and bottle altogether.

Leak Prevention
No matter how many times I tried to readjust the nipple and the rim, these bottles leaked at least 50% of the time and that's 50% too much; especially when it's a "middle of the night" feed. Very frustrating to the point I wanted to chuck the bottle out of the nearest window! Not to mention, it was a constant clean up that spread past a bib or burping cloth. I was constantly changing my baby's tops or onesies.

I think because these bottles are so basic and straight up and down, cleaning is a cinch. No complaints in this category.

Keeps Air Out
This is the biggest factor on choosing and sticking with a particular bottle and this is where Gerber Fashion Tints seriously lacked. As mentioned previously in this review, my baby was getting so much air from these nipples/bottles that he would scream in belly pain for hours and he was not a colicky baby so I knew it was the bottle. As soon as I switched, mommy and baby were much happier.

The base of the bottle is super durable. Never had one break, crack, fade or melt under high heat. The nipple and rim I would not consider highly durable as I had to constantly readjust them to try and keep the air out and to keep them from leaking.

• Keeps Air Out:

Gerber Fashion Tint Bottles: Great For Milk, Juice And Water!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

Plastic baby bottles come in a myriad of sizes, colors and styles; not everyone is going to need to have twenty different bottles especially if they are going to be breastfeeding but they are nice to have around when kids need more hydration. I have a couple of infants and toddlers that I baby sit from time to time and keep a lot of general bottles around in case their parents forget to pack extras. The 'fashion tint' bottles are great when you want to have things color coded or have different bottles for different drinks for different kids. They aren't the thickest bottles but they are easy to fill and clean.

You can get these in a couple of different sizes; the most popular are the five and nine ounce bottles. I have used a lot of different Gerber bottles and like the way that these can be positioned and that they are inexpensive so if you end up losing one of them it isn't a big loss. When I am getting items for a baby shower I always get the smaller bottles because they are something that almost everyone is going to be able to make use of. Even if someone has made the decision to breastfeed exclusively they can still use these for juice and water.

The nipples and collars are well made but these are not as thick as other Gerber bottles; there is flex to them so kids can get a good grip on them when they are holding them but trying to prop them up on a blanket can be a little problematic because of the lack of weight that the bottle has. The colors are nice and you can use other nipples and collars with them but in most cases it will be cheaper to just buy a new set rather than to invest in caps, lids and nipples.

Child's Comfort
In most cases you won't have any gas or reflux but you need to check the nipples often.

You will need a bottle cleaner regardless of the size that you buy.

Keeps Air Out
Does a good job of preventing air bubbles.

They are well made but are not indestructible.

• Keeps Air Out:

great bottle for older children

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

I purchased these bottles at first just to have extra. I was pumping at the time with a manual breast pump so I just needed these to screw onto the pump pretty much. Well one day I decided to just try it out (we were using the drop in bottles) and my son didn't seem to mind the switch up at all...granted that was when he was around 6 months old. I am not sure about buying these for newborns though. I wouldn't just because my first child had bottle/eating issues so these would never have worked for us. I would say they are worth trying out though. If your child has no problems with them they would save you a ton of money than buying one of the more expensive brand bottles. I would however recommend them for older children especially because they tend to abuse their bottles a lot and these are cheap especially to be replacing and very durable. My kids would have overnight trips to grandmas and I packed these for her to keep at her house too.

Child's Comfort
My son had no problem and seemed to take well to the design of the nipple

Leak Prevention
I had no leaks with these and they don't have all those small parts so nothing to forget. I know with some other bottles if you forget a piece it leaks all over and it is always a mess when you finally notice

Keeps Air Out
I am not sure about the air intake with these. like i said I used them for my son when he was around 6 months so we weren't really concerned at that point with the air

Good basic bottle.

from Akron, OH

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

This Gerber bottle is an oldie, but goody. It has been around for a long time for good reason. They are durable, inexpensive, easy to find, and do the job they are meant to well. In addition, replacement nipples are also easy to find and don't cost a ton. Another plus is, as babies get a little bigger they are shaped in a way that babies are able to grip the bottles well and start to feed themselves.

The only drawl back of these bottles is the small opening at the top. Unless you have a bottle brush, they can be very hard to clean because of the small opening.

All in all they are a great product, and worth having a few laying around if you are expecting or have a little one.

Child's Comfort
Babies have a easy time gripping these bottles as they get older and want to do it on their own. Also the nipples are usually really soft, but yet firm.

Leak Prevention
Some leakage is expected from any bottle.

They are easy to clean if you have a bottle brush, but if not they become harder to hand wash.

• Keeps Air Out:

The best bottles there is

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

I have five children and have used Gerber Plastic Nurser Baby Bottles with every one of my children. When I first started purchasing them I was pretty much broke and had to buy the cheapest, in terms of price, that were available. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to hold and how easy they are to clean. My baby really liked the nipple also. By the time I had my second child I had a little bit more money to spend and wanted to get a more modernized bottle that promised to reduce colic and gas. But I was disappointed and out quite a bit of money that I paid for these "improved" bottles. My son didn't like them and was refusing to eat from the day I started using them. Since then I have never used any other bottle than these Gerber bottles. They are not overpriced and they do what they are supposed to do, make drinking formula easy for my baby. They make no empty promises that run up the cost of the bottle.

Child's Comfort
All five of my children really liked them and started sucking on them easily right home from the hospital. And when they got a little older, the bottle was very easy for them to learn how to hold.

Leak Prevention
If the bottle is full and is tipped over it will have a slow leak. But that's why they come with lids!

A bottle brush fits perfectly inside and gets the bottle clean with a couple of twists and turns.

Keeps Air Out
If I shake up the formula and give it to my baby immediately after, I just bend the nipple to the side and the air will escape.

Cheap, reliable bottles...

from Florida

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

These aren't fancy bottles, they don't have a cool tube for hands free feeding like the Podee, or a liner like the drop-ins but they are still great bottles. Gerber has found a bottle that despite all the others on the market is still selling. The colors are nice is you have multiple babies that you are feeding at one time. They are easy to clean. I have never had any issues with leaking, cracking or air bubbles. The prices are more than reasonable and I have seen these last much longer than some of the more expensive bottle brands. You can usually pick a few of these up for the same price as one of the more expensive brands. I would definitely recommend these.

Child's Comfort
While these aren't my favorite bottles. They are good for child's comfort. Which is probably why they've been around for so long.

Leak Prevention
Never had an issue with leaks in these bottles, even after many many uses.

Definitely a breeze to clean, no do hickeys or add ons to complicate the cleaning process.

Keeps Air Out
I have never had any problems with air getting in or air bubbles.

I will have to say I was really impressed with how durable these bottles really are. They more than exceeded my expectations for them.

• Keeps Air Out:

This product is definitely worth buying.

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

This bottle does the job. This bottle is cheap and easy to find. I have used this particular bottle for my children. This bottle worked great for my newborn as well for my son after a month of breastfeeding. This bottle has also never leaked for me before.

Twins both Loved it!

Comments about Gerber Fashion Tints Plastic Nurser Baby Bottle:

I bought many different style bottles before even trying this product. If I had known how great it was I would have just bought more of these instead. My twins were 5 weeks early born at 35 weeks and it was really hard to transition them to a bottle from a syringe. Both of them took right to the Gerber bottles after trying many other bottles. And transitioning them from bottle to breast was not a problem. The price of these bottles is so low I was not quite sure what I was going to get. I would have bought more if I had known. They last through many washes and I have had no staining on the nipples. The only thing I would have thought might be more helpful is if the opening was a little bigger. When I need to put formula in the bottle some times it spills cause the measuring spoon does not fit into the bottle mouth.

Child's Comfort
easy to adapt from nursing.

must have a bottle brush to clean it well.