3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Good snack

Gerber cheesy carrot wagon wheels is a really good snack for your child. I am a big fan of the Gerber brand and trust their products. The wagon wheels snack was a huge hit for my daughter. She loved them. The Gerber Graduates also offers other flavors. I will recommend that you read the can before giving to your child. The Gerber brand is really good about marking their packaging with information on what age you can give their product to your child. I love that. I feel very comfortable and trust the information they give. I will also say that the Gerber Graduates wagon wheels are a little tough. You may want to break them up or watch your child to make sure they an eat them ok. Gerber is always a brand I will trust and I love that they offer healthy snacks for my daughter. I would recommend the Gerber Graduates cheesy carrot wagon wheels to anyone. I am sure your child will love them. Also, check out the other Gerber Graduates products they have on the market.

Very healthy ingredients.

Safety
They are a little tough so you may want to make sure your child can eat them ok.

Finger food for babies that is made with real carrots.

I have bought all of the **Gerber Graduates **snacks for my son that I knew he could chew and swallow.  I figured he was probably ready for something a little more substantial, so I bought the **Gerber Graduates Finger Foods - Carrot Wagon Wheels**.

They are "puffed corn with real carrots & cheese flavor".  They remind me of huge pieces of Honeycomb cereal dusted with powdered cheese.

I was surprised when I opened the lid.  I thought you would get more than you do.  The **Wagon** **Wheels** are huge.  They appear to be almost as wide as a cucumber.  What I instantly realized is what a rip-off these are.  You get the same amount of ounces in the Wagon Wheels canister that you do the Gerber Graduates [Fruit & Veggie Puffs][1] , but you get way more snacks with the Fruit & Veggie Puffs.  The Fruit & Veggie Puffs canister contains like 200 snacks, the **Gerber Graduates Finger Foods - Carrot Wagon Wheels **contains only 18 Wagon Wheels.  So if my son has 4 a day, these won't even last five days.

I do like that they are made with real corn and carrots.  There are no artificial flavors or colors.

**Gerber **says your baby is ready for **Wagon Wheels **when:

- Crawls on hands and knees
- Eats thicker, lumpier foods with larger pieces
- Uses jaw to mash food with gums
- Holds small foods between thumb and first finger

**The Scoop!**

My son does like these, but I can't justify spending money on them when you barely get any in the canister.  I would recommend them to other parents that don't mind the quantity.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Gerber-Graduates-Finger-Food-Fruit-Veggies-Puffs-review-3dee7

Excellent snack choice for older babies and toddlers

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels are an excellent snack choice for older babies and toddlers. First, I like that the ingredients list contains whole foods. This is very important to me as I want to give my child the best nutritional start possible. As my son has transitioned out of pureed food and started table food, I find that he is not as eager as I thought he would be to eat his vegetables. I like offering him Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels as a snack choice because I know he is getting a serving of vegetables when he snacks on this product. I feel like this product is a safe choice for older babies. The product is light and most of each wheel dissolves in his mouth after he chews the wheels. I am not concerned that he will choke on large pieces. I would definitely recommend this product to other parents. Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels are high in nutritional value and quality and are an excellent choice for older babies and toddlers!

More baby "junk food" from Gerber

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

And here we have another fine baby "Cheeto" from Gerber. Like the Fruit and Veggie Puffs I reviewed earlier, Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels are junk food disguised as a healthy snack for your baby. To me the texture and consistency of both of these products seems like it's training your child to want snack aisle fried foods like chips and Cheetos before they even get out of diapers. The Wagon Wheels even more so in fact, since they actually ARE "cheesy poofs." I admit, I gave them to my babies too, but I think it's just to easy to become over reliant on quick and easy "grab it and go" type snacks that set your kids up for bad eating habits in their futures.

Quality of Ingredients
Average, store bought snack food type ingredients. They are mostly puffed corn. (Like...suprise...Cheetos.) I can't emphasize this enough. These are Cheetos for babies.

Safety
I don't think there's any major safety issues or choking hazards with this product. Neither of my kids ever had a problem with them.

Good for teething

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

I really liked this product when i bought it for my toddler because they are big enough and easy enough for her to put in her mouth all by herself. These Gerber cheesy carrot wagon wheels have quality ingredients for your little one, that help with his or her growth, in snack form. They are also shaped funny so when your little one is teething, these wagon wheels feel good on their gums. Since these are cheesy carrot flavored they give your little one more of a taste then just plain old carrot flavor. These wagon wheel snacks are very safe. Since there are no small pieces or chunks that your child could choke on. They also melt in their mouth after being in their mouths for a certain period of time, making it simple and smooth when they swallow. No sharp edges or pieces to cut their throats or cut up their mouths. My child really likes this snack because she can do them all by herself and not need me to feed them to her anymore. They are also great for travel.

Good snack

Very healthy ingredients.

easy snack...little messy though

from Hope Mills, NC

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

These are very good quick snack.  The only bad thing about this product is the wheels get soggy really easily.  Which is good for the baby but if they want to play with it and take it in and out there mouths then it gets everywhere

Cheesy Wagon Wheels are a mess!

from Mission Viejo, CA

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

I loved having my son explore finger foods, and of course that comes with a huge mess involved but these take the cake. They turn to mush so they're easy to eat but they break up faster in his hands than he's able to munch. Ends up EVERYWHERE. Wouldn't be so bad if the taste wasn't disappointing.

Liked at first but not anymore.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

When my little one was ready for finger foods Gerber Graduate Wagon Wheels were among the first product I tried. They were a huge hit and my daughter loved them. I think part of why she like them so much is cause she was teething and had a need to constantly chew. These wagon wheel are hard and you really have to bit, suck or chew them to eat them. I tried a bite and I personally didn't like them but she sure did.

I bought several flavors for her to try. The veggie Wagon wheels weren't a favorite but the Apple wagon wheels were. She much preferred the fruit ones.

I stocked up on these when they went on sale at my local grocery store. I also used gerber coupons so the price was pretty good. I shouldn't have stocked up though cause my daughter now wants nothing to do with this snack. She won't eat them anymore at all. I'm not sure if she lost intrest or if she just no longer has a need to chew but she won't eat them anymore.

I wanted to like these wheels

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

Once our kid was on solids, I really wanted him to try all sorts of different types of flavors. I got these and really wanted him to like them, especially since I had already spent the money on them! Unfortunately, these were the ones he really hated. And by hated I mean, threw on the floor every single time he even saw them coming out of the packaging! I am not entirely sure as to why he is so against these poor wheels. I am thinking that the actual shape of them are just too big for his mouth and that makes it awkward and hard to chew. They seem to be easy to hold, and I personally love the shape, but even all the other flavors seem to have the same effect on my son and that is that they always seem to land on the floor, behind the sofa, or in someone's hair (usually mine). Perhaps they don't melt as nicely as the other forms of solid hand snacks, but I just can't buy any more of these!

Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels are very cheesy

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

Our family loves most of the Gerber Graduates products. However, we are not fans of the Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels snacks. I was excited to find this on the shelf because the cheesy carrot flavor isn't very common in many toddler's snack products, however I had to try really hard just to get our eighteen month old to try it and once she did it ended up being spat out. I went ahead and tasted them myself and I really can't blame her. They sort of taste like cardboard with a hint of cheese. The texture is also very hard and it makes it unpleasent to chew, I guess I would imagine that teething babies would find them very pleasing. I was hoping that this product would be a hit though because it is made with whole grains. Also, this snack is somewhat expensive for the quanity you receive in the can. I would not recommend this to a friend, but I believe that this product is made for the crawler stage and up. So since there aren't very many snacks designed like this for crawlers, it might be worth your while!

Perfect first finger food for baby!

from Lemoore, CA

Comments about Gerber Cheesy Carrot Wagon Wheels:

I love Gerber's Wagon Wheels for my daughter.  They are great for a first finger food.  Large enough for her to hold onto and feed herself yet they dissolve quickly so we don't have to worry about choking.  Very healthy too!  :)