3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

A perfect snack for your teething toddler!

My son has eight teeth and is learning to pick up food and put it in his mouth.  I love to give him **Gerber Graduates Biter Biscuits **because he can hold it himself and gnaw on it for a good ten minutes.  It is large, so it teaches him how to hold his food to self-feed.  It is the first step in our self-feeding routine.  They are very messy though.  Be sure to have a wet cloth near by when your little one is finished.  There will be Biter Biscuit mess on his face, hands, clothes and high chair.  Don't make the mistake I made by giving him his first Biter Biscuit in the car seat while driving; when I went to get him out of his seat, my son and the entire car seat were covered in Biter Biscuit debris!

**Gerber Graduates Biter Biscuits info:**

- Comes in a 5 oz box
- Box includes 12 individually wrapped biscuits
- Made with flour, sugar, corn flour, whey, milk, molasses, soybean oil, sodium bicarbonate, soy lecithin.

**The Scoop!**

The only reason why I gave this product 4 stars is because it is not organic.  I try to buy about 80% organic food for my son.  I will continue to buy these when the Earth's Best Teething Biscuits are not available.

Biter Biscuits? Are our children animals?

**Biter Biscuits**-the good and the bad.**What is good about these biscuits?** Biter Biscuits are great for little hands. The biscuit (or cookie as I like to call it) is contoured to fit the little hands of toddlers. I say toddlers, because I don't really like to give these cookies until the infant is moving around, a lot. They have Gerber engraved in the side and it also has little waves along with it. These cookies are meant for toddlers that are teething to help break through those little monster teeth and to strengthen the gums. I don't think my son needed them for this reason, because without teeth he could bite them in half. My daughter, on the other hand, never had this problem. I think this was and is a once in a lifetime thing. If your child does bite through them, beware! They could possibly choke. These cookies are also very sweet. They do not contain a lot of sugar, but they have a very sweet flavor that the toddler will **LOVE**.**What is bad about these biscuits?** Biter Biscuits are a great thing to keep on hand, but never allow them to be eaten outside of a highchair! These things are messy. I really don't believe messy is even the appropriate word for it. With one lick, these biscuits will become mush on the outside and get very slimy and slippery. Also, as I have previously mentioned, they are not supposed to break or be bitten in pieces, but on occasion this may happen. If it does, beware! It could be a great choking hazard. My son has swallowed a piece or two in his time and it causes a great scare in our house. Did I mention messy? Oh wait, I think I did. Whenever I gave one of these cookies to either of my children, I stripped them of their shirt and set them in a highchair to go at it. If they needed a shirt on, they would be dressed in a very large bib and also "hosed" down afterwards. These cookies get everywhere!I absolutely love the **Biter Biscuits** because they are individually wrapped and come in a resealable box. They aren't very expensive either.

I am on the fence with this baby snack!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

I go back and forth with the Gerber biter biscuits. I have used them with my one of my kids in the past when they were a baby and they were just okay. I did like that these were individually wrapped and that I could pop them into my purse or a diaper bag when we were on the go. They are shaped in a way that is easy for a young child to hold onto. Babies and toddlers like these and seem to enjoy eating them. My problem with these biscuits is that they you do have to watch the child the whole time that they are eating these because bits break off and can be choked on. There were multiple times that big chunks would break off in my child's mouth when eating these. The other thing is that these are so messy! Even with a bib you will end up having to wipe every area of your child down and possibly change their clothes. These are so gooey and cause a lot of clean up. These for me where a once in awhile thing. If I have another child I probably wouldn't use them again. It's just not worth the hassle.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients were okay.

Safety
These are not a very safe snack. There are other snacks for babies out there that are much safer. The chunks that can break off can lead to choking.

Gerber Biter Biscuits Good For Toddlers

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

The Gerber Biter Biscuits are a great snack food for toddlers. They are very easy to hand, and the also make it easy for my toddler to self-feed. I would first caution that these are especially meant for toddlers, that means a child probably at least in the 15-month age with a couple of teeth and walking. The thing that I would see most unsafe about this product would be if your child "gums" off too big of a piece and then tries to swallow it without giving it time to dissolve. They do dissolve somewhat quickly, but not as quickly as something like a rice husk. So be careful about these types of products with younger babies. If you try it, sit and watch your child eat them. Don't leave a child alone to feed himself! See how they go about eating it and then guide and direct them to keep chewing if you need to. I also really wish that Gerber would make more snack products without GMOs in them. There is a long of unnecessary junk ingredients in their Graduates line of products. I prefer feeding my baby more natural ingredients.

Need to be GMO free!

Safety
Safe for the age they are intended, an older toddler. Don't feed these to babies, please.

Good toddler snack

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

I bought these for my first daughter when she was about one and a half with a good number of teeth. I think I only bought them once for my second daughter because they are a little pricey and I found other alternatives for a lower cost. What I like about these cookies is they have a good flavor, are easy for the child to grasp, and they dissolve relatively quickly in the child's mouth so they don't seem to be much of a choking hazard (unless the child bites off a large piece and has difficulty chewing it). The disadvantage is that they are expensive and can be quite messy for a toddler who is gnawing and slobbering all over the cookie as they chew. If you carry them when traveling like I have, make sure you keep some wet wipes handy to clean them up when they are done.

Safety
You need to supervise your children while they are eating these to make sure they don't bite off a large portion and choke, but I think parents need to supervise their young children eating any food, so this doesn't seem to be too big of an issue.

Messy but delicious!

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

Gerber Biter Biscuits are an essential staple in your household when your older baby is teething. My son goes through a couple of these biter biscuits each day and they really seem to help soothe his sore gums. He also enjoys the flavor of these biter biscuits. The only negative thing I have to say about this product is the huge mess that they make when he eats them. First, they get very "slimy" very quickly. The Gerber Biter Biscuits make my son drool a lot and this saliva mixes with the pieces of biscuit. This mixture sticks to everything. He often ends up with sticky biter biscuit crumbs in his hair and down the front of his shirt. Once these crumbs dry, it is difficult to clean them up. I have found that placing the biter biscuit in a mesh feeder does help contain the mess. This product definitely helps with the teething process. You just need to be prepared to deal with the mess!

• Safety:

Really good for your teething child, just be careful!

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

I have used these teething biscuits for all of my children. With that being said, you have to make sure that your child is ready for these because they do melt in the child's mouth, but they also can break into smaller pieces and choke your child if they aren't old enough for them. Some babies start teething sooner than others, and not all of them are ready for these.

Quality of Ingredients
Very good quality of ingredients in these Gerber teething biscuits. All of my children love these biscuits and they really do help soothe a teething child and comfort their gums.

Safety
I gave these Gerber teething biscuits an 8 on safety simply because some babies teeth sooner than others and this product isn't for really young babies, at least unless they are used to eating some solids already because even though most of these biscuits melt in the mouth, sometimes some chunks can break apart from the rest of the biscuit and it can cause a choking hazard.

My Daughter Loves Gerber Biter Biscuits

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

I started giving my daughter the Gerber Biter Biscuits when she was about five months old. She loved them. She would grip them in her little hand and mostly suck on the biter biscuit until it was gone. As she got older I continued to give her these until she was no longer a toddler. I loved these little biscuits because they were easy for my baby to eat and handle on her own. They were so convenient. I could pack them in her diaper bag and during a walk or shopping just hand her one and let her enjoy. It taught her a sense of independence and she loved being able to feed herself. I tried one of these and I even liked it. It wasn't to sweet but it was just perfect for my baby. It wasn't high in fat or sugar which also made it healthy for my baby.

Quality of Ingredients
The Gerber Biter Biscuits are filled with natural fiber and whole grains. It is a really healthy snack for baby. My baby had problems keeping thing on her stomach because of reflux, and these Gerber Biter Biscuits helped coat her stomach and keep her formula down as well as the biscuits.

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

My son loved these graduates biter biscuits. By giving your baby these biscuits you are helping your child with their motor skills and learning to be independent by feeding themselves. I do got to warn you that these biscuits are very messy. Your child will get them all over. I like the fact that these start to dissolve once wet. Make sure your child is seated and watch them closely while they eat these. A few times my son bite off a too big of a chunk. Although, they do dissolve when saliva touches, your child still could get choked. It is due to the fact, if they put too much in there mouth at once it can break off in big chunks. So I wouldn't leave my child alone while they are eating these Gerber Biter Biscuits.

Safety
I am not sure how safe these really are. Even though they dissolve they could still get choked if big chunks fall off. So I would watch them closely while they eat these.

Awesome teethers

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

While teething my son could find nothing that gave him some relief. We tried every type of finger foods that we could think of for him and nothing helped. These biscuits, however, he loved. I could give him one and he would chew and suck on them. They must have helped him feel a little better or at least forget that he was hurting because while he had them he was calm and content.

Nice... but gooey.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

I love the Gerber brand itself. In general the product line is of high quality and reasonably priced. My son really enjoys the biter biscuits and the banana cookies. I think it empowers them to practice the hand to mouth motion. It is also very easy to take on the go, just toss a few into a small sandwich baggy. The problem comes in when you combine baby drool with cookie which ends up equivilating to gummy cookie goo on the hands, mouth and anything the baby grabs at, including you!. For that reason, these biter biscuits should be used at home and not on the go, especially not in the car, or at the zoo. The lions get a little crazy. I still buy Gerbers biter biscuits and likely will continue but, I have learned to stay armed with tons of baby wipes and the almost automatic jump back move so the baby running towards me with his arms extended and his hands sticky doesn't break my safety barrier.

• Safety:

Great first snack food...

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Gerber Biter Biscuits:

Gerber is a brand that parents and caregivers both agree is trustworthy. They didn't let down with the Biter biscuits.
These are not only a snack food but a teething helper for older babies who are self feeding and have started feeding themselves. While babies love them they are a bit messy. Because you introduce them when babies are still gumming the majority of what they eat it turns the biscuit into a goopy mess which resembles very thick, very brown snot. But hey as long as it keeps baby happy, right? Other than the snotty grossness I have never had a baby or toddler complain about them.
I love that the ingredients are stuff that I can pronounce and that they are made by a company that is so well trusted. They are well priced and you get a good quality product and a good amount of product for the price you pay and I have noticed that the cheaper brands just aren't made as well.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients is fantastic. I am always impressed with the quality of Gerber products.

Safety
I feel like these are one of the safest first snacks for babies to start learning how to feed themselves.