Other Baby Foods:

Gerber Baby Food

Pros

Cons

yummy for baby's tummy

Gerber has made a wonderful Organic babyfood. It has the same high standards as other Gerber products but Organic foods are used to make them. My daughter has tried the applesauce and bananas and she loves them. They are delicious and smell good. What age groups are most beneficial for the size food served is written on container and so are microwavable directions if you want to warm the food. Many items are just the organic food item and water like sweet potatoes, peas too.

They do cost a little more but you can get them on sale. These are great jars of food before baby can eat what you and i do. It is in a glass jar but that to me is ok, makes storage easy.

I feel good giving my daughter Gerber Baby foods. I am a mother of five children and they all were given Gerber products as babies.

Good but I wish I would have used them less.

I trust Gerber baby food. The brand has been around forever, their iconic mini-jars are what you think of when you hear baby food, and I've never heard of any issues with their...Read complete review

I trust Gerber baby food. The brand has been around forever, their iconic mini-jars are what you think of when you hear baby food, and I've never heard of any issues with their product.

My son certainly liked Gerber baby food from the simplest, starting out purees to the chunkier "meals." I wish I had fed him fewer. Here's why. My son is a picky eater at 3 now. If something is the wrong texture, he gags on it, sometimes even throwing up. If we bribe him to try a new food and that's the only reason he's tasting something new, he won't chew it, just swallows it, often gagging and sometimes throwing up.

I feel like these are habits that he picked up during his long stint eating too many jars of Gerber baby food. The purees that they start out with are super smooth so he didn't get the early introduction to texture that I wish he would have gotten if I had just mashed his food with a fork. The flavors are consistent which means every time you open a jar of Gerber beef stew, it's going to taste exactly the same so he didn't get used to the variations of taste that come when you cook meals and they end up a little different each time.

For my next child, I'm going to used these way more sparingly. Maybe even only as add-ins to other things for extra nutrients and flavor variation.

Though I do admit that they are excellent for travel. When we went on vacation these were a lifesaver because they store and serve at room temperature. So nice for hotels, which don't often have fridges and microwaves available.

A good line of products!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

I used many Gerber products and foods when my children were babies. They are a trusted brand, but I will say that eventually I ended up switching to other brands. I like Gerber, but I am a bigger fan of the organic products. I really wish that Gerber had a selection of organic products out there. I didn't like knowing that the foods that my babies were eating had GMO's, pesticides and chemicals in them. I ended up using other things. I would still use Gerber from time to time though. Gerber is pretty inexpensive for baby foods and you can sometimes find coupons and sales on the items. My babies still liked to eat the Gerber line of food. They seemed to enjoy the taste of it. There is a good variety of things to choose from. They are pretty good.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are pretty good. They are pretty basic, healthy and easy to understand.

Safety
Gerber foods are safe to eat. They make the foods so that babies can easily swallow them.

Good Quality

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Although I would have preferred to feed my daughter home made baby food, I opted for giving her Gerber baby food because I just did not have the time to make my own. So far I have only tried the fruits and vegetables, I have yet to try any of the meal type baby foods with meat flavored foods. As with any child, my daughter loves mostly the fruits and sweet flavored vegetables such as sweet potatoes. I just got her to the point where she will eat other Gerber vegetables such as peas and string beans. I will say the only downfall is that I do not believe that Gerber baby foods do not have any additives only because certain foods, such as the bananas for instance, don't actually smell like fresh fruits and vegetables, but rather like they used a flavorings that smell and taste like those foods, if that makes sense. I also don't like the fact that the foods tend to separate and have a liquid layer sitting on top of them after a while.

• Safety:

Gerber is the best baby food maker!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

When my daughter first started eating baby food, Gerber was what I purchased. It is what my mother fed me and so I fed it to Lucia. I think it is the most cost effective, best tasting, and most well made food for babies. Gerber is a household name that can be trusted and I am happy to spend money on their products. The baby food products I always purchased are made with natural products and are great for babies and toddlers. Also, they are great for a child with a sensitive stomach. My little girl often got sick to her stomach, but when I gave her Gerber foods, she got sick less. Gerber foods are nourishing, healthy, and actually taste good. I have had the pleasure of tasting them myself after a surgical procedure on my jaw. The flavors are rich and not bland in any way. I would recommend this company's baby food product to any mother who is ready to start feeding their child food from a company they can trust.

• Safety:

I've fed both babies Gerber.

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Gerber has been a trusted brand in my family for years. All of us have fed our babies Gerber brand food. My baby is now 5 months and just started eating this food as well. So far he has loved every single flavor from the fruits to the vegetables. He will eat an entire jar during one feeding. This makes me happy because I trust that they are made from healthy ingredients. I've sampled every single flavor and all have tasted good to me. I wouldn't feed my baby something that I wouldn't eat myself. I fed this food to my older child as well. She was a picky eater and still ate this brand. Her favorite was the sweet potatoes. There is just one thing that I must add. Today I opened a can of green beans that were not supposed to expire until December of 2014 and they had a weird smell to them. I decided to taste test them and they were a little sour. I tossed them and did not feed them to my baby. That was a little disappointing since they are not supposed to be expired yet. This was the first time this has happened to me so I don't know if it was just a fluke or a bad batch. I would still recommend Gerber baby food, but would still advise parents to check the freshness of any food that they are offering to their baby.

• Safety:

I trust Gerber for my baby

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Gerber baby food is a brand that I trust for my children. My oldest son who is now 3, started on baby food at 4 months old because formula wasn't keeping him full. Gerber has the biggest variety of flavors and with ingredients that I trust. The food kept him full and happy. If there happens to be a recall, they get their food off of the shelves at every store as quick as possible. I always liked that they had a huge variety of foods so that I could kind of get his dinners to match mine! It is also very inexpensive and comes in two sizes and different stages. I never found it to be rough on my babys belly. I recommend this product for any parent that is or is planning on starting their baby out on solids foods.

Quality of Ingredients
Very trustworthy and seems as fresh as can be.

Safety
No chunky pieces in their actually baby food. Just in their older stage foods. And even that is perfectly sized for little mouths.

• Safety:

The Best Baby Food Brand Out There!

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Gerber baby food has been around for so long that I do not know how long. I have six children and all of my children were fed with this food. They have a large variety of dried cereals, juice, food for toddlers, and small babies. I love the fact that their foods are made with natural ingredients and are very low in preservatives. I can tell that the food is good to the babies and also good for the babies. There are many nutritious vegetables, fruit, dinners, and even desserts for a baby to eat.

The food is priced very good and sometimes can be found on sale in stores. The jars and containers are just the right size to make a baby full and the small sizes are just right for handling. The are compact enough to easily fit in a baby bag and the food is blended just the right consistency not to cause a baby to choke or become constipated. I love this food for babies because it's the food that can be trusted!

• Safety:

Baby food brand of choice!

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Gerber is by far my choice for baby and toddler foods. With Gerber there is a numerous amount of choices of different foods. As an infant there are great choices of cereals for babies. They have rice, oatmeal, soy, and even some with fruit flavors added. Then for infants and toddlers there are many different fruits and vegetables to pick from too. I love the variety because my daughter doesn't have to eat the same thing everyday. The different types of foods also slowly introduce different textures of foods so baby can learn to swallow and chew them. Now that my daughter is old enough she eats toddler meals. They are perfect! They provide the right serving of each food that she needs for that meal. The products Gerber provides are great for my child. They are healthy and taste good. I know the day is covered because they offer things for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even juices.

Quality of Ingredients
With Gerber I know my daughter is getting the food she needs to be healthy.

Safety
Gerber makes a variety of textures of foods to fit a child's age. That way they are safe and less likely to choke.

Good but not the best

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

My son ate these when we first started on solid foods. In the beginning he ate them and all was good. After about a month he began to fight feeding time. I thought it was just because he was teething. I tried everything and he just would not eat solids. I decided to switch brands and once I did he ate great again. So the gerber was good but not the best in my sons opinion.

Gerber Baby Food is the ONE for babies

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Gerber Baby food has been around for many years. It's so simple, yet so good for babies. If you want nothing but the best baby food for your little one, I would recommend it. It's a great way to start your child on the road to table food. They take the very best things and blend them up so they are smooth and ready to eat. You just pop open the jar and feed it to your little one. I know some people warm it but my son always liked it at room temperature.
One of the neat things about Gerber baby food is the variety and the different stages of food. They take you from first foods all the way to table foods. They also have an 800 number you can call and ask any question or concern you have. At times they even have promotions going where you can save labels and send them in for free things. I was able to get books, CDs and bibs. They are such a good, family oriented, caring company. I felt really good about feeding my baby Gerber and I think you will too.

Gerber Has Been Around This Long For A Reason

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Gerber Baby Food:

Everyone wants to feed their families the best quality food and that starts with Gerber.

Granted, Gerber is not organic, and their meat most likely comes from factory farms, but most of the organic brands are mixtures of meat and veggies or fruits and veggies and you cannot get a jar with a single ingredient.

Gerber provides a wide variety of options from fruits to vegetables to meats. You can mix and match, or not, to your specifications and dietary needs.

Gerber is not only excellent for babies, but the meats are perfect for small kittens or sick kitties who need a smooth, nutritious meal.

The fruits are excellent for adults as well. Whether as a reintroduction to regular food after a prolonged illness, or for those who have suffered a stroke and need to have a smooth food.

Adults are generally not fond of the veggies though. And, really, who can blame them? The are rather icky looking.

Gerber has been around this long for a reason and will continue to be the best option for many purposes.