Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:

George Foreman XL Grill

Pros

Cons

great little grill

My George Foreman XL Grill was another awesome yard sale find for me. I bought it specifically to keep in our camper (I have so many different George Foreman grills). It is perfect to take along on our camping trips. It doesn't take up a lot of space and, like all George Foreman grills, it is very versatile. You can grill sandwiches, hamburgers, steaks and chicken, vegetables, and nearly anything else in this handy little grill. And everything I have ever cooked in it has been absolutely delicious. Meats are juicy, but not greasy. It is called the "lean no fat grilling machine" because it is designed with a slant to drain the grease away from the food where it is collected in a little tray that is included. Vegetables are perfectly crisp and delicious. And sandwiches come out the perfect mix of wonderfully crispy on the outside and ooey and gooey melted cheese in the center. The grill itself is sturdy and well designed. It's very easy to use and very easy to clean. It heats evenly and quickly and cooks everything to perfection. If you have never used one of these grills, I highly suggest that you try one! I think I own, or have owned, nearly every model of George Foreman grill out there. I have several of these smaller models that I keep in my camper because it takes to long to cook enough for my family of five in just one. I have received several as gifts, plus combining my previously owned appliances and my husband's previously owne appliances when we got married.

No Need To Go Outdoors To Grill

I don't know why I always forget that I even own one of these, probably because I store it in the bottom of one of my cabinets. I know I have had it for at least a dozen years. It would make a lot more sense to use this than turning on my gas stove. I have never considered it as a replacement for an outdoor grill. It just occurred to me that it could also be used to make paninis.

My George Foreman grill came with a drip tray and an instruction booklet. There really is nothing to it. It is a 36 square inch, personal-size, countertop grill, with two grilling plates that are affixed to the inside of the unit. The plates have nonstick surfaces for no-fuss cooking. You plug it in, then wait for the ready indicator light to let you know when it is hot enough to begin cooking. It heats up very fast. The drip tray should be placed alongside it, so any dripping grease is contained. Because of its floating hinge, it allows space for grilling fairly thick pieces of food. Everything seems to cook evenly.

It's fine, although the grill itself seems to slope.

It's still durable after all these years.

It's not so easy to clean. If I remember correctly, the grills don't pop out.

I almost think the small ones, like what I have, are more cumbersome than the large.

Great for indoor grilling

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Durable
  • Even Heat
  • Lots of Space

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Meats

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

I have had my grill for awhile now. Everytime I cook on it I love how everything comes out. The grill itself is very large. You can fit a lot on it. With it being so large it is hard to store. If you have lots of storage it's fine. The grill itself can be difficult to clean. It is very heavy and there are not good places to hold when moving it when still warm. Since the grill is coated it helps in easy of cleaning but I prefer to wash stuff in hot soapy water and it's difficult with this grill. Cooking wise the grill is great. We love burgers cooked on this grill, they are always juicy, never dry. I have never tried steak on this grill but I'm sure it is great. I would recommend this grill to others. It is not that expensive and it works great. It is very well built and durable. Plus it beats standing out in the freezing cold grilling a burger in the dead of winter.

This grill helped me lose weight.

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

The grill is easy to use and easy to clean. All of the fat drains away so I am left with a healthier piece of meat. I lost twenty five pounds by using this grill and walking for thirty minutes three times a week. Thanks George.

A great grill for me and my wife. The George Foreman Grill line does come with larger grills to accommodate larger families, but so far this grill is great for the two of us.

I have been using for over two years now and it is still in like new condition. Very few parts to break.

I use a sponge with a green scrubby side, soap, and and hot water and cleanup is easy. Rinse, wash, rinse, and dry. Simple enough!

I plug it in and wait for it to heat up. Once heated I spray both sides of griddle with a little olive oil, place my food on the grill and close it. Set the timer per the grills instructions and viola the food is ready to eat. I cook any type of meat, fish, and vegetables on the drill with no problems.

I don't see what the big deal is...

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

George Foreman is supposed to be this great thing I thought. I guess I don't get it. This is the weirdest thing to try to cook on. I had gotten one as a gift so I gave it a go. It pretty much just made a mess of cheese all over the place when I made a stuffed cheeseburger. So that was the end of that experience. Two years later I got another one, this one was the one with the bun warmer thing on top. I decided to try it out thinking maybe it was better than the first one? The answer to that was no. Everything just slides right down to the end and doesn't cook evenly at all. And if you try to make a hot sandwich it totally flattens it down to nothing.

The slanted design was good for taking the grease off stuff but it also slid the food down the the edge which was annoying

It was actually really easy to clean the messes it made off. Pretty much just a wet dishcloth with dish soap would take it right off.

Great Grill

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

I am a person that likes to cook meats on the grill, so during the summer I try to do that about once a weekend. During the winter time I am unfortunately unable to cook on my grill outside do to the cold weather. Until I bought the foreman grill I had not been able to do much grilling in the winter. With the foreman grill you can cook about any type of meat that you want to. The grill is very easy to use, all you do it put the meat on the grill close the grill and turn the machine on for a certain amount of time and it is done, it is that simple. The grill is easy to clean as well since it has a nonstick layer on the grill that makes it easy to get rid of the grease when you are cooking the meat. The durability of the grill is great as well, I have been using it for 3 years now and it is still working as well as it did when I first purchased it. Without this product during the winter I would have to go without hamburgers and other types of meat, but now that I have the foreman grill I am able to keep cooking and trying to make different flavors using the grill.

Handy appliance to have around

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

I remember the first tie I saw a commercial for the lean mean george foreman grilling machine. They basically said it was good for making all sorts of different things. They did not lie. Although this is the modern version of the grill if anything it works better. I use this machine to cook burgers steaks and grilled vegetables. Basically if you can grill it I have tried to. It definitely has its strengths like burgers and steaks. If you are looking for a way to cook a quick meal I would recommend this product.

This machine definitely performs well. It grills meat very nicely as well as vegetables and sandwiches. One of the easiest things to cook on this machine is a grilled cheese and they turn out wonderful.

This appliance definitely seems durable. I do not think you want to drop it but if used correctly I do not see you breaking it. The cooking elements may burn out but I have not had that problem with mine.

This appliance is definitely easy to clean. After you use it just wipe it down with a damp cloth. The surface is really good non stick and everything literally wipes off.

As far as using this appliance you just put the food on the grill turn it on and close it. There is a light but I usually just check it every few minutes until the food is done. It is really easy and really fast to cook a meal.

Good for healthy eating

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

Whenever I am trying to eat healthy, I break out my George Foreman XL Grill from storage. I don't love the fact that this grill is so large and cumbersome. I keep it stored on the top shelf of a cabinet that is too high to reach if I want to use it daily. That's why I think I tend to forget I even have a George Foreman Grill.

Even though I don't like its' size, I love making chicken, and grilled sandwiches on the George Foreman Grill. It's convenient to use if you live somewhere without a working oven or stove. You can just plug in this grill, place your food on it, and wait until it's heated up.

This is supposed to be very healthy to cook on because the fats drain off of the meat rather than your meat sitting in the fats if you cook it in a pan. There is a small plastic container that you have to keep at the front of the grill to catch all of the grease and fats.

I keep this on a high shelf, and only bring it out when I want to use it. This is constantly being moved, and it has held up a very long time!

I find this pretty hard to clean. I normally heat up the grill, then wipe it down with a wet paper towel before I wash it in the sink. This helps get the majority of the food off of the grill surface, and you don't have to submerge the grill since I don't think that would be good for it.

Fantastic!

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

I got this "beast" on sale, mainly to have one for a "just incase". After I used it once I became addicted! I pretty much make everything on it (even grilled cheese sandwiches - ha!) For as "small" as it seems, I can cook 4-5 chicken breasts on it, quit a bit of tenderloins, hamburgers, the works. I love this little thing and cleanup is amazing, just basically wipe it down. You can grill vegetables, meat, ect on it for a complete meal in minutes. I have definately not had any problems with my little grill. During the winter when you're wanting an in-home grill - it may not be exactly the same, but you're cutting down on the fat content and it still keeps things nice and juicy - especially steaks!

It heats super quick and cooks at a nice even temperature. Great for steaks as well.

It's a pretty tough design -

Just wipe it down with a wet cloth and that's it! It's definately easy to clean and maintain.

really can't get much easier than plugging it in and watching the food.

Makes food low fat and it is a snap to clean up.

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

Makes food low fat and it is a snap to clean up.

makes great burgers, grilled fish, chicken and burgers. I found out by accident it makes grilled cheeses in about one third of the time it normally takes on a stove top. We now get great bread and yummy sandwich fixings and have panini's at least once a week. Grilled zuchinni is a favorite around this house too!

got dropped on ceramic tile...still works.

Any grease that cooks out of food wipes off easily with papertowels and back in the cupbard it goes.

Plug in for a few minutes and its hot and ready to sizzle in just a few minutes. You can marinade your chicken or veggies for twenty or thirty minutes and put it on the grill. You can also it for fruit too like apples with cinnamon and sugar and granola. After it has cooked to your tenderness, take out and top with redi whip or ice cream. It is very tasty after a healthy grilled meal.

This grill is great for cooking chicken!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

I really love this little grill. It cooks chicken in half the time and it still tastes great. I also use this grill for cooking salmon and pork chops. I would not recommend for cooking steak, because it does dry out the meat a little. I honestly thinking cooking chicken on the George Foreman is better than using the stove top. I use it for when I am cooking chicken for pasta dishes. It cooks it really fast and makes it nice and tender. It is easy to break up into chunks after cooking. This grill is also great for small meals for one to two people. My husband and I use to cook just enough food for the two of us if we do not want leftovers.

I have had no issues with this grill and I have had it for years. It still works as well as when I bought it.

The George Foreman grill is really easy to clean. I rarely have to worry about food sticking to it and anything that does stick to it wipes off very easily.

This grill is so easy to use. Just plug it in and let it get hot before cooking!

One of the best Grills

Comments about George Foreman XL Grill:

In my opinion, The George Foreman Grill is one of the best appliances you can have in your home. If you are like me that likes to watch what they eat, you will love this grill because you cut all the fat from your meats. I mostly eat chicken breast and one would think that there is no fat in it, so once I put the breast on the grill you see all the fat drip down on to the small plastic deposit. It is amazing to see how much fat is in beef because that plastic deposit overfills. I like the fact that you just set the grill and wait until the light turns off and you know your meat is fully cooked.

The George Foreman Grill performance excellant because it leaves your meats lean and healthy to eat.

I have been having my grill for about 5 years now and till this day, the grill perfoms the same as when I purchased it. The grill is worth every penny of it.

As far as cleaning, I find it best to clean it as soon as you finish grilling or else it would be very difficult to remove the grease that is left behind from your meats.

The Grill is so easy to use, just put your choice of meat in the Grill, you plug it in and wait until the light turns off.