Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer

George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer

Pros

Cons

George Foreman Grill-- Great for the diet!!

When you live in a cooler climate, lookig out the window and seeing your grill buried in about 4 or 5 feet of snow is always a possibility from October to as late as May (Yuck!). This discourages grilling, which as I understand it, is the healthiest option for preparing meat. (I actually prefer sushi, which involves no cooking at all, other than the rice in my ricemaker, but that is just add rice, wash rice, add water, so it does not really count as cooking). Anyway, I dislike brushing the snow off my car when I HAVE to go somewhere, so I am definitely not going to volunteer to brush off the grill and then stand outside in the freezing cold while the meat cooks. That's the kind of girl I am.

Now that I have moved to a warmer climate (boiling hot in August). It is just as uncomfortable to grill during those sweltering hot days. Getting near the heat to flipp burgers can be an extremely challenging prospect. First, you have to leave the air conditioned coolness of the inside of your house to go outside into hot air and then light a fire? No, this is not for me either.

However, the Goerge Foreman Grill makes this possible. I can grill indoors when it is too uncomfortable to cook outdoors. Also, we currently cook with charcoal which, while improving the taste, edoes extend the preparation time for the meal by about 45 minutes or so while you are waiting for the coals to burn down to just the right temperature and the flames to burn out so that you do not burn your meat. I can take the meat out of the freezer, thaw it, plug-in the grill, add the meat and when it is ready to eat in about 15 minutes or so, I can put food on the table and feed my hungry children. Also, Iit has the bun warmer option on the top. This has come in handy on several occasions. For some reason, the buns tend to get stale the fastest of any bread. So, biting into them after they have become stale is not a pleasant experience. My husband has devised this idea that since the George Foreman grills the meat to a very lean state, he cn add butter to the buns before he puts them on the bun warmer.

There is a handle that locks to keep the bun warmer closed when you are not using it. But, of course, my handle broke rightt away, meaning that whenever I lift the lid to turn the meat or take it off, the blue bun warmer lid flies open. It also means that I cannot warm the buns and cook the meat at the same time. And, bread loses its heat faster than meat, so while the hamburgers are on the table, I am always waiting for the nbuns and fighting off salivationg children who cannot seem to wait one minute more.

Also, cleaning this grill can be awkward, especially if you have cooked something that was marinated. In later versions, there are removable plates that you can hold to the angle of the sink. But, in this model, you have to be very careful of the cord when you are near the sink. And, this model only unplugs, there is no on/off switch, meaning that when you are finished, you have to reach around the hot appliance- carefully- to pull the plug out of the wall. It is an action that requires thought and concentration, and can burn someone who is not paying attention, in my personl experience. So, please be careful in that regard.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed the use of this product and have recommended it to several of our friends and family members. It is especially appropriate as Chrioistmas presents for family members who have made New Year's Resolutions to lose weight, go on a diet, or eat healthier in the New Year. This is alos great for those who are on the go. Our family tends to meet at sporting events (flag football, softball, basketball, etc.) after school and work, and after watching the game or practice, we are notorious for rushing home and putting together dinner while the kids finish their homework. This grill has helped cut our preparation time by 75%, making it more possible for the kids to go to sleep at their bedtimes, instead of waiting up for dinner (Thank you).

A nice little grill

The perfect little grill for the single person. This grill comes with a bun warmer compartment on top, which is a nice companion if you enjoy having your hamburger buns toasted a bit. The grill does not come apart to be cleaned, which is a downside. Our little grill ended up getting the top cover cracked from being placed in the cupboard and taken out. Whie the warmer still worked, the cover was sharp at the crack line :(

The grill is slanted downward at the front, allowing grease to run off the food you are cooking and into a tray; a much healthier way to cook burgers than in a pan. Also nice is the grill lines that give the food a big grill cooked look without the hassle and expense. Food cooked on the grill tates great and one can know they are eating a little healther too!

Good Little Grill for the Winter

from Utah

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

We enjoy using this grill through the winter when it is too cold to grill outside. It definitely has some downsides, but they can usually be overlooked or worked around. One minor problem is that the plastic cover for the bun warmer is cheaply made and broke off pretty easily (but we didn't use it much).

This grill does great at grilling meat.

We got this grill used and have used it for several years without any problems.

This grill is extremely difficult to clean. The grilling plates cannot be removed from the grill, and one needs to be careful when cleaning them not to let water get down inside the grill (which can be easy to do). Meat residue cooks onto the plates and is extremely difficult to remove. We have worked around this buy putting aluminum foil above and below the meat when it is cooking, but it would be nice if the design of the grill was improved to make cleaning easier.

Good little machine, but hard to clean!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

I had this particular model of a foreman grill for awhile and I did use it quite a bit. The one thing I had big problems with was cleaning. It is a big hassle to clean. I wish that this grill was dishwasher safe in some way, but it's not. You have to clean between all the bumps, so it's kind of a pain. I ended up getting rid of mine after awhile. On the other hand it does cook food well and the fat drips off which saves you from eating more calories. The food tastes good once cooked and all in all it's not a bad little machine. I did use the bun warmer from time to time and that was an added little bonus. It heats things evenly and it is very easy to us. I was glad that I had it for a few years, but I think my main problem was cleaning it. Other than that it was great!

It does what it says it does on the commercials. It heats well and evenly. The fat drips out and it works great!

Mine lasted for a long time with no problems with anything. It seems pretty strong and well built.

I am really not fond of cleaning this thing. It is not dishwasher safe not the easiest to clean by hand with all the bumps/groves in it.

This is very easy to use. Just stick your meat in and cook until done. Easy peasy!

George Foreman Great When In A Pinch for Time

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

I received my George Foreman as a gift while I was still working. Long after I had already got in the routine of making daily meals in our nice crockpot. Still the George Foreman had received rave reviews, I was excited to see how well it worked. This product definitely is at the top of the list for grilling hamburgers and chicken breasts quickly however I found that the meat would turn out too dry for my liking. Now the George Foreman has been sitting on my countertop for years and I can count on one hand how many times I've used it. It's one of those things that I have kept just in case of unexpected company. I have heard from other owners how much they love theirs but these teeth look forward to sinking into a juicy burger. Oh well, it's just a matter of taste preferences.

Made to drain the fat from your food and it does exactly that.

That may be precisely why I choose not to use. For me it is difficult to clean because you cannot put in the dishwasher. The meat tends to stick in the grooves.

Works but not worth buying.

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

It works but I found it to be one of those things you buy, use once, and never plan to again. It was simple to transport and very easy to use. It isn't very durable. The cover cracked and it's made of cheap plastic. Just not something I would recommend buying. It will end up sitting in the garage or attic.

It was ideal for a tiny apartment!

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

I got this through work, some weird contest thing that resulted in me being the proud new owner of a george foreman grill - with BUN WARMERS! I was so pleased to know that I could grill meat AND keep my buns warm. I mean, what more do you need in a tiny indoor grill thing?
It came with a special sponge - curved and contoured to fit the ridges of the grill, which made cleaning it a special delight. One of my roommates lost the sponge - and life was never the same. Trying to clean it with a regular sponge was a consistent let down. I do not recommend this.
It drains fat into a little plastic container. That is pretty cool. It manages to get fat out of things I was not even sure had fat in them - like 99% fat free turkey burgers. It sucked that fat out like nobody's business.
It was great for my college life. And you know, I kind of wish I had it now, because I can't have an outdoor grill. George Foreman grill with bun warmer, where are you now?

George Foreman Super Champ Grill Review

from Miami, FL

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

The george foreman grill is one of my favorite brands of grills. I trust it to do a great job and this model isn't any different. I love using it to grill red meat and I like that it sits on an angle so all the grease slides right off into a provided plate. The bun warmer on top is a great addition even if the handle did break my mom model already. Works great for panini sandwiches, vegetables and seafood as well. Love this grill very much.

Works just like you want it to. The plates get hot evenly and the bun warmer does heat on your buns.

Made from heavy plastic and metal. Though I already broke the handle on the bun warmer so the top isn't all that durable.

I prefer grills where you can easily remove the plates so you can wash them but this isn't it.. So what I do is wait until it cools so I can run it under the faucet. Or you can put foil on the plates so you can peel it off after.

Very easy to use just plug in the grill and it instantly starts heating up.

Love the George Foreman for Indoor Grilling

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

If you don't have a George Foreman grill in your kitchen, now is the time of year to get one! I love being able to grill outside during spring and summer, but with fall and winter and the colder temperatures it makes it more difficult to do that. The George Foreman Super Champ is a great alternative to outdoor grilling, and the grill works so well. I like this model with the bun warmer as well. No need to turn on the oven or pop them in the microwave. The bun warmer area is very easy to clean. The other part is slightly more challenging, especially if you cook something on it that has been marinated. This is also a smaller unit but would be great for the dorm or a small apartment. I say go for it and get this George Foreman Champ!

I have had several George Foreman grills and none of them have ever died on me. I just kept upgrading to a different model. These grills are made to last and they are very durable.

Great for College Use

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

This was one of the first George Foreman grills that I have.

George Foreman grills are especially cheap during the seasonal time, such as Black Friday. They make great gifts and I've received more than my fair share.

This grill is very easy to use and it become a daily habit for a view years. It works well and basically you just plug it in, insure that the light is on, then start grill.

The meats that you cook comes out excellent. It's very tasty and the oil does drip down to the added little tray that you have.

Now, it's fairly easy to clean and it's a non stick coating.

I haven't used the bun warmer at all, mainly because I like my buns toasted and not steamed, which is what the bun would come out if you use the steamer.

It's a good size enough for two people.

Very easy to clean. A good wipe with a hot paper towel can remove most of the accumulated crusting on the grill. The cup attachment for the oil can be rinsed with soap and water.

Nice Grill for a couple - bun warmer is a nice extra.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

The George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer GR15BWI is mediocre. It is convenient but is difficult to clean. Also, over time, the coating on the grill starts to wear off. This grill is inexpensive but seems to be better-than-fair quality. The bun warmer is a nice little feature too. I like my bun warmed but not toasted so I just put in in the warmer for less time. I have also used the bun warmer to warm biscuits when I am cooking chicken in the grill which makes for a nice meal side. Even though this is suppose to be a family size grill, it is better for a couple than a family. If you make your burger a decent size, it cooks much better with only 2 burgers. Also with chicken, it would be hard to get more than 3 pieces of chicken breast on it. I usually butterfly my chicken breasts also which helps them cook quicker without drying them out. This is a nice grill for quick, inside grilling for 2.

The Perfect Grill For Fully Cooking Meats

Comments about George Foreman Super Champ Grill with Indigo Bun Warmer:

I purchased this grill after my smaller one broke after being dropped and also decided i need more space for cooking. One of the reason I like this grill is because of the orange/red light that lets you know when whatever you are cooking, is done. It also cooks meat throughly without drying out the meat. I often have problems when going to restaurants and ordering something well done (no pink in center) and they think it's burn to a crisp with no flavor. Now I can cooked at home the way it should be. My complaint would be that the bun warmer could warm the buns to a higher temperature or even toast them a bit because I always have to put the buns in the oven. As for getting the grease out it does a pretty good job.