Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:

George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill

Pros

Cons

Making my own Panninis with George Foreman Grilling Machine

**George Foreman GRP4 A Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine**When we first purchased our George Foreman, I expected to use it to cook bacon or burgers and watch that fat drip right out of the machine.  I have and it does but I've found I use my George Foreman for so much more.  I love vegetable panninis and I've found that I can make my own at home with the George Foreman with great results.  I put slices of zucchini, squash, red peppers, mushrooms and onions on one side and two slices of bread on the other.  After a few minutes, I stack it all up and close the grill again and wallah, my very own healthy pannini.  In addition to meats, I also use the George Foreman for easy grill cheeses and french toast without the butter.Why I like my **George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine:***Easy to use*Heats quickly*Easy to clean*Really does reduce fat from meatsThe only thing I don't like about the George Foreman is the counter space or cabinet space that it takes up but the convenience and the results ultimately make it worth it.***My Viewpoint:  ***Unlike the fry daddy or mixer, the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine is a small appliance that we do pull out and use often.  It is easy to use, easy to clean and can be used to make so many things  and to make them a little healthier too.

I would not waste your money on this one

I received my George Foreman grill as a gift and am now thankful that I did not throw my own money away.  I have the large "family" size, and have only used it 3 times and put it away.

It is so big and bulky that I barely even got it into one of my kitchen cabinets.  I had to turn it sideways to get it in my biggest cabinet.   I have a lot of counter space in my kitchen but this thing never fit in anywhere.  It stuck out like a sore thumb and took up so much room that I had to put it out of sight.

The other major drawback is that it is a pain to clean it.  The grilling plates are not removable on this large one and therefore you are left to try and get it under the faucet without getting any electrical parts wet.  And then I was never sure it was really clean to cook on again. It was so frustrating  that I just put the thing away and it is still put up.

It would be a MUCH better and useful product if the grilling trays could be removed like other models/brands I have seen.

Nice if you have a small family.

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

I bought the George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill because I love to barbeque but am unable to in the winter due to the cold and the snow. I loved the idea of it being a healthier alternative to grilling. I was disappointed with another model hoped this one would be better because of the size. The size of it is not an issue although it still does not allow me to cook as many burgers as I need at once not many grills can. What keeps me from giving this product a higher score is the fact that the food just does not taste right. It is healthier and that is great but the food comes out tasting bland without the smoke from a real barbeque.

It cooks the meat pretty swiftly I just do not like the taste of the finished product.

I have not had an issue with it breaking on me but then again I have not used it much yet either.

Very simple to clean.

The directions are very easy to understand and it does not take long to figure out how to use it.

A Must for the Not-So-Natural Chef

from San Antonio, Texas

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

I've had this wonderful grill from George Foreman for over 3 years now. Firstly, I'm not a very good cook. Secondly, I often don't have time to read through an elaborate recipe and prepare something fantastic. At least I didn't think so. With this grill, I have been able to cook all kinds of fish (primarily salmon), steak, pork, chicken, and vegetables. Not only does my food come out completely cooked, but it hardly takes time overall to cook it. The grill does come with instructions and some default recipes that are actually quite delicious, and you can also use the appliance for simple things like grilled cheese sandwiches and toast. Additionally, the grill comes with a grease-catching tray for easy cleanup, and the finish does not tarnish with heavy scrubbing as long as you clean with soap and water shortly after dinner is cooked. I recommend this appliance for the college student or any person who feels they do not have time to cook, or aren't too skilled with cooking.

Great Little Grill

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

I had a smaller version of this one with no removable plates when I got married,then after marriage hubby bought this one. Its been a great addition to my kitchen. Cook burgers,chicken,and more on this little thing. When done i remove the plates and toss in the dishwasher.

It does great performance for the grill size,cooks well and drains the fat off the meat. It is now probably 4 years old and still going strong.

My husband bought it for me around 4 years ago and its still going strong,although lately the plates aren't so non stick anymore.

Toss in the dishwasher and no worries most of the time. Really stuck on foods i have to actually put in the sink and wash sometimes. But all in all easy to clean !

Very easy to use, I plug it in and give it a few minutes to heat up good then in 5-10 minutes it is ready to use. It heats up quickly and so easy to use. Just open the lid and place the food on the plates,and in a short time its starting to cook.

Grill master

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

I feel like a grill master when I use George Foreman's Next Grilleration Indoor Grill GRP4. I love that I can create perfectly grilled foods year round from the comfort of inside my house. It is so easy to use! Just plug the grill in, spray the wait grill plates with non stick cooking spray, wait a few minutes for the grill to heat up and then place the food you are grilling onto the grill and close the grill. When grilling chicken it only takes about ten minutes to grill and it turns out perfectly grilled! Make sure to place the the plastic dish it comes with under the front of the grill so any oils you grill with does not make a mess on your countertop. This is a great cooking investment and everyone should purchase this grill!

This grill is so easy to use. Prior to buying this grill I had never grilled before and was worried I would not know how to and would mess up but this grill is so easy to use that I did not mess up and the food turned out great!

Easy and convenient grilling

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

I live in an apartment, and this George Foreman grill is perfect for me for days when I want to make a homemade burger. It is very simple to use - simply plug it in and let it preheat for about 8 minutes. Then add your items, close the lid and cook for the recommended time (it comes with a booklet for reference). The unit comes with a plastic drip tray to catch the fat that is released while cooking and a plastic spatula (though it is not very functional).

I make burgers with this Indoor Grill quite frequently and it always yields juicy, evenly cooked burgers. Clean up is also really simple. Right after I'm done, I usually take a paper towel and quickly wipe the grill plates before grease/fat has time to harden onto it. Then when I'm ready to wash them more thoroughly, I easily detach the upper and lower grilling surfaces and wash with a sponge in soapy water (they are also dishwasher safe).

Overall, I would highly recommend this product. It makes grilling easy.

Great for when you don't have the ability to grill outside

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

I had my george foreman grill for two years while I was in college. I used it all the time because I only had the ability to grill meat indoors. I loved this version because the plates are removable, making clean up super easy unlike my brothers version that is smaller. You would have to awkwardly angle the grill over the sink so that water wouldn't spill everywhere. You won't have those problems with this one. The plates come right off and can be hand washed easily because of the non-stick surface. The grease catching trays and spatula/flipper thing can be thrown right into the dishwasher. I never really followed the guidelines for time and only followed the temperature suggestions to cook meat at a healthy temperature. My meat was always cooked evenly through and tasted delicious. I would put marinades on my meat without problems of charring.

This grill is amazing and works great. Its big enough to cook for a family of four.

GF Next Grilleration Indoor Grill Is the best I've ever used!

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

The George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill GRP4 is the best grill I've ever used. It is so easy to clean up too. It comes completely apart for a thorough cleaning! The black spatula that comes with it is special in that the end is cut away to scrape down the grill parts that lift off, scrape off all the gunk with it. Then the hot water and Dawn get the rest when it's immersed in the dish water. It is also used to turn the meat & veggies I cook. I like to cook a variety of things on this grill. Such as hamburgers, Deer burgers, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken nuggets, mushrooms, tomatoes, squashes, onions, peppers, and pizza. There are many other uses for it too. Grilled cheese sandwiches, ham sandwiches, and the such are ideas also. I also like to make french toast and cinnamon toast on mine. I really like to heat my "salad" sandwiches up on this thing! It really works great for that! The Tuna, Chicken, or Ham salad warms right up and the brad toasts.

Great indoor grill!

from Chino, CA

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

This george foreman grill with removable plates is amazing. It is very easy to take apart to wash, very easy to clean off and easy to put back together. I love that I can use this grill when it gets too cold to use our outdoor grill. I have cooked burgers, chicken kabobs, carne asada and chicken breasts on this grill and it all comes out yummy. You do have to watch it closely, because a lot of the fat juices get squished out when cooking on this grill. Loosing some of the fat juices is great, that is what the grill is for, to get rid of some un-needed fat, but some of that juice is needed to keep your chicken moist. THis is a small problem I have come across, but it does not bother me. I almost spent the money on a panini maker when I realized this grill does the same thing a panini maker does. The panini's turned out delicious when i made them. This grill heats up pretty quickly, cooks quickly, and is easy to clean. Not much more I can ask for out of a kitchen appliance. Very happy!

Easy, fast, and healthy.

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

The George Foreman grills are known for their easy convenient uses. This grill has a removable plate which is helpful during the cleanup. The cooking surfaces are non-stick. A
good tip I can give you is make sure you place the plastic tray directly underneath the handle at the front. This tray dish is designed to catch all
excess juices and fat that will drain from your meal as it grills. The meals are healthier and come out cooked as well or rare as you choose with the automatic timer you set. It won't overcook. Personally I like the fact it cook from top and under your meats or vegetables cutting down the fat and cooking time.

I have purchased several George Foreman grills. I have used all my grills throughout the years and all are in working condition. Something to be careful and mindful is the knobs on the timers come off and might be misplaced. In these instances what i do is use a butterknife in the timer's slot and rotate it. It will still turn on, grill and turn off just fine.

its so easy to use, and to clean up

Comments about George Foreman Next Grilleration Indoor Grill:

this is one of the best grills I have ever had. easy clean up, everything comes apart for easy cleaning, cooks the food better then I thought it would, no sticking to anything, I give it an a+, we have cooked chicken, pork, and beef, we have even made sandwiches on it, never sticks or burns, like I said before an a+ for this one, you will not be sorry with this grill.