Other Grills:

George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

GR stand grill. Not a real grill but a lot of fun and safe too.

If you have had problems grilling or if you live in an apartment where you can't have flames or even if you just like to have easy fun, then the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor...Read complete review

If you have had problems grilling or if you live in an apartment where you can't have flames or even if you just like to have easy fun, then the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor grill is the ticket.

As a Grill Girl with my own grilling web site - Yes You Can Grill - you might think that I'd turn up my nose at this pseudo grill. But, no. This really is a fun grill-ette and super for a generation that has grown up with the GF press grill.

You have the flat plate with ridges here and the channel for the grease to slide into a grease holder. The whole grill top is tilted to make that happen.

Rather than press the food, you have a dome. This means your food really is more moist as you don't mash all the juices out. Also, you can even put a full chicken under the dome.

Unlike other "grills," you can take this outside and use the stand or put it on a picnic table etc or carry it inside if the weather gets bad and again use the stand in the middle of the kitchen or take it off and put the GF on the cabinet. It is pretty big though, so I just just the stand inside too.

Although you do not get the grilled taste like charcoal, you do get grill marks, so if you use gas, you probably won't notice any difference between the electric and gas. Most people really can't tell a difference sadly. So, just saying you're grilling, heat enough to get grill marks, and you are good to go.

Clean up is pretty easy. The finish is like the press grill. Easier to clean after cooking and cooling vs. the morning after.

All in all, I like the GF Indoor/Outdoor esp when it's cold outside. It still feels like grilling but you can do it anywhere pretty much and don't have to worry about vents and hoods and so on.

George Foreman's Indoor/Outdoor grill is not worth paying for.

I thought the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor grill would be a great thing but, I was wrong. It is messy to use and a pain in the ass to clean. Yes, it is versitle, you can use it indoors or outdoor, but you have to plug it in which limits your use of it to somewhere there is an outlet nearby. So if you don't have any outdoor outlets, you'll probably never use it outside. You can also use it on the countertop, but it bigger than other models of George Foreman grills and only cooks one side at a time, so you better off getting a George Foreman grill made for countertops because this one is definetly not good for countertop use. So if you are going to use it, you will use it inside. The problem with using it inside is that it makes a mess. I have a large family and tried cooking eight hamburgers on it. They all fit fine but as I was cooking them and took the top off to flip the burgers, grease was ending up all over the floor. Also, if you don't have the grease trap in exactly the right position, it will leak grease all over the florr as well. If these things are not bad enough, the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor grill is also a pain to clean. No removable plate means you have to hold the whole thing when trying to clean it. Plus, since it is electric you have to make sure you don't get any water in the electrical connection. I am glad someone gave me the one I have because I would have felt like I had wasted my money on this thing.

Really enjoying this!

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

I just recently acquired one of these machines, and I am loving it! I have it set up in my kitchen and have been using it exclusively inside. It is quick and easy to set up and also to clean. I love the grease pan underneath which catches most of the mess from cooking and the grill plate is easy to remove and wipes off and cleans easily. The size is good, especially for an inside grill and you shouldn't have any problems cooking a nice sized meal on it that would satisfy several people. It cooks food thoroughly and very quickly.

Cooks foods quickly and thoroughly.

Versatility
Great versatility. Can be used indoors or out and can be used to cook a variety of foods b/c of the multiple settings.

Very easy to assemble and cook with. Also, very quick and easy to disassemble and clean.

Comes apart very quickly and easily and the grill base wipes off and cleans easily. The grease pan underneath catches most of the mess and is also easy to clean.

Haven't had mine for long but it seems like a very sturdy piece of equipment.

Nice design, although the grilling plate can hold lots of food, the round design helps save space, especially in an inside setting.

• Versatility:

Great for those who aren't grill experts

from Franklin, NC

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

The perfect grill for those who love that outdoor taste of grilling but are full time grill masters. The Large Non-Stick Grilling Surface is the best for making clean up easy. With 240 square Inches the round grilling surface lets your cook for the whole family or just your self. Plenty of room for multiple burgers, steaks I even grilled a whole birds chicken and even a nice size turkey breast. Being electric gives you the ability to cook without fear of flame up's and over cooking by using the variable temperature control. That is great for cooking a quick meal or cooking low and slow for amazing BBQ. The removable plates come in handy when it's time to clean up. Just let them cool off and and pop it into the dishwasher. The special non-stick coating will not be damaged or removed and I have washed them over 200 times. Now to the con's , a short electric cord makes it imperative that you will need an extension cord and that could lead to tripping and turning over the grill so be careful. Next make sure you clean the grill after each use. If not the grease drain will become clogged and it can overflow onto your deck or floor. Even when on the stand the grill may become a little unsteady so keep the kids away when cooking and until the unit is completely cool. Those are the only reason I do not give the unit a 10.

With the variable temp control you can cook anything .

Versatility
Can be used inside ( I don't recommend this) or outside or even in the yard. But you have to have an extension cord

Plug and go easy as it gets.

Removable grill plates make clean up easy

Stand up pretty well but can have balance problem. I wish it had a 4 leg stand

The round design looks cool but would have liked to see a square model for more grill space.

Easy peasy grilling.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

This came in handy big time for me.My apartment doesn't allow open fires.I considered this an alternative,but I was worried it wouldn't give me that grilled taste.
I can't tell the difference in taste from a normal grill and this.It delivers on that aspect.I would say this is similar to a hot plate in terms of food preparation.
One extra quality it has is the fat drains out much more than with my other grill.
It cooks the steak and makes it tender,but I've noticed with less grease.

The temperature settings allow for various dishes and preparation methods.
I usually make chicken on the low setting.The seasoning really seeps into the chicken on that setting.It comes out so tender that it can be pulled apart.
I use the highest setting for steak.Depending on how you like your steak,this is the optimum way of cooking it.Scorching the outside leaves a tender,subtle inside.

The one bad part is how complicated it is to clean.I have to take it apart every time.It doesn't require cleaning often,but it's a real hassle.

Great For Small Spaces

from Virginia

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

My husband usually cooks with a charcoal grill but has had his eye on the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. I decided to surprise him with it which I was interested in it myself for those days when I didn't want to use the oven, especially hot days. I like the idea that it can be used on a counter top or on the pedestal which stands about 1/2 foot tall. I knew not to compare this grill to a charcoal grill with taste but it has the same feel to it but without the hassle of lighter fluid and matches. I was able to put this grill together without assistance so assembly was simple. The first time I used it I cooked on my front porch. It was raining outside and I found it neat to cook top sirloin on a rainy day outside. The grill plugs in, it takes about 10 minutes to preheat then add the food. I wanted to see how the flavor would taste without seasoning and let me say this grill can cook some good tastey food! So far I've made burgers, hotdogs, top sirloin and chuck roast without adding any seasoning. Cleanup is super easy, the grill part can be wiped down and there's little to no mess. I haven't had this grill very long but I look forward to what I will cook next. I haven't used it inside yet, because I like the fact that I'm able to cook on the porch. I can see where I could use it on our camper when we take it out. This really is a simple grill that makes great foods. I'm thinking about getting one for my grandmother to use on her porch at her apartment. Highly recommend thi indoor/outdoor grill.

• Versatility:

I felt a little ripped off

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

I've used George Forman grills in the past. I was never a big fan of them, but it was the only way I could get my husband to diet. I don't really like the idea of indoor grilling, even with a smaller electric grill. However we happened to see this grill and said it was an indoor and outdoor grill. I wasn't exactly overjoyed, but I figured it was a compromise and I could leave it outside. After I bought it and we assembled it, we first used it at a small get together. I was a little disappointed in the size of it and felt like it was too small for more than a few people. I also was unhappy with the cooking settings. It does not tell you at what temperatures certain food should be cooking at. The first few burgers were burnt and some steaks were undercooked. We didn't use it again until a few weeks later and we decided to try it inside due to weather. We made simple sausages and hamburgers and I would never use it in my home again. I don't know if it was just my grill, but with windows open and vents on it smoked like crazy. I was beyond ever using it again, not even for tailgating. Thank goodness we had a warrantee. Not a good product in my opinion.

Awesome

from Edina, MN

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

The George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is great. It is simple to set up and get going and takes up very little space. It is tall so saves your back from having to bend over or sit down like some others that are similar. It lasts a long time and gives great flavor to food whether you are doing hotdogs, hamburgers, steak, chicken or corn. I love to use it in the summer, spring and fall. It is a great way to have a quick, tasty family meal together and who doesn't like to get together for any kind of barbecue.

Great performance and easy to set up and clean up.

Versatility
Versatility is fine and about all you need to get a good meal together.

Super simple to use, from the first time you try it.

Easy and quick for cleanup, which is nice, since that is everyone's least favorite part.

Lasts for a long time so it is a good value for your money.

The design is pretty simple and straightforward and all you really need.

• Versatility:

Super easy to use and good for small places!

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

My dad's old grill broke this past summer and I was looking for a somewhat cheap grill that I could buy him for his birthday. His old grill had been a charcoal grill, which was not his favorite because he had to buy the charcoal every couple of months, which was just really inconvenient. This electric grill is so much easier and both my mom and my dad love to use it. It fits in a really small space on the deck, which is great for gatherings as there's a lot more room for people now. We also don't have to buy the charcoal, which is more convenient. I have personally used this grill for both vegetables and chicken and it cooks it perfectly every time. I would never use my dad's old grill because it would blacken some parts of my chicken and hardly cook other parts. With this George Foreman electric grill, I don't have to worry about that - it's perfect every single time!

Versatility
You can cook almost anything on here, but you have to buy extra accessories - for my vegetables, I have a saucer that I can put them in and they cook perfectly in that.

It's lasted through the rain and through the snow so far, and it's held up perfectly so far so I think the durability is really great!

Awesome.

from Kansas

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

This George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is amazing. This grill can be used indoors or outdoors, which I think is a cool feature. Living in an apartment I don't have the room to store a traditional grill so this one is a great size. Since this is an electric item you have to have a plug in available to use it outdoors. You simply let it heat up then start grilling! We cook burgers, hot dogs, and chicken on it most frequently and it comes out yummy. This has the traditional grate that all George Forman grills have which make it easy to clean. Now, your neighbors may look at you oddly when you start carrying this grill inside, but it's worth it.

I highly recommend this grill!

Cooks meats and vegetables perfectly fine, without having to use charcoal or propane.

Versatility
This grill can be used on the pedestal or taken off and set on the counter top kind of like the normal indoor George Forman grills. You can use it indoors, during the winter, and outdoors during the summer.

You simply plug it in, wait for it to heat up, and you are good to go.

The grates are removable and have a non-stick surface which makes this grill much easier to clean when compared to traditional grills.

I have only had this grill about 5 months but so far it works just as good as it did when I bought it.

• Versatility:

Almost perfect electric grill!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

I recently planned to do a little grilling outside for a few friends so I purchased the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. The reason I purchased this grill is because it doesn't run on gas or coal. I set the grill onto the stand and noticed that there wasn't anything to keep it locked to the base. This didn't present me with a problem, but I realized that in order to move the grill I have to pick it up by the stand because it would
easily come off the pedestal. I let the grill heat up on power setting 5 for 10 minutes prior to cooking. I strategically placed turkey dogs, chicken breast, and turkey burgers on the grill in three sections and didn't notice any uneven heat spots. Everything was cooked evenly in its estimated time. The turkey burgers did slightly stick to the grill, but I was able to get them off in one piece with a spatula. The grease from the food for the
most part fell into the drip pan, but there was a little residue left behind on the grill. Cleaning the grill only required me to use warm water and a delicate scrub brush for 5 minutes once I let it cool down. The George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill will be my new quick go to grill for small gatherings.

• Versatility:

Good but not like a real grill.

Comments about George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill:

My husband and I upgraded to this version of a George Foreman grill after only having an indoor one. We were pretty pleased with it. It is electrical so it heats up by plugging it in. Ours heats up really quickly which is really nice. The thing I don't love about this is that it doesn't give the food a grilled taste. I think it taste the same when I cook it on this as when I cook it in the oven. If you are looking for the grill taste to food, this one is not for you. However, if you are looking for something that does not require gas or charcoal, this is a good alternative. It is easy to use and ours has held up really well. I would not recommend this though if you want a grilled taste to things.

The performance is fine. It has always cooked our food in a short amount of time. It also has remained in good condition for the time we have had it.

It is really easy to use. Plug it in, let it heat up, and then throw your food on it.

You have to make sure you get all the things that drip cleaned up. I found that fat that drips off the meat can back up in it if you don't clean it well.