Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
George Foreman
GR35

Pros

Cons

Foreman love, Family Style!

I have practically worshiped George Foreman grills ever since I got my very first Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine when I was eighteen. I sincerely believe that every kitchen should have one of these. It is one of the few products you'll never regret buying, and that you'll use pretty much every day. To me, the two most important items in my kitchen are my coffee pot and my Foreman. I could, and have, lived without them, but my life is just 100 times better with them around. This model is your big-boy, fit for a full family. If you're cooking for four or more, swap out your personal sized Foreman, and bring this one out. You can easily cook for everyone at once on it's huge grill, then whip up seconds while everyone's eating. As all Foremans, it cooks easily, evenly, and quickly, is well priced, and lasts forever. Truly, no kitchen is complete without one of these.

Cooks everything evenly and quickly.

I have never had to buy a new Foreman because my current one broke. I simply pass mine on to someone or store it when I move, then buy another when I get to where I'm moving. This is one of the only products I am always glad to purchase, as they are super affordable, and well worth every penny. When you find a product this good, you almost want to buy another every few years, simply to keep supporting the company. I hope these grills are around for a long, long time.

Just wipe with a towel or paper towel after every use.

Quick, easy, and makes anyone look like a master chef!

It Could do a Little More George!

I really had high hopes for this grill with the George Foreman name behind it, but I do not think that the product was too well thought out or they would have made some changes to it. It is pretty good overall, but it could really be a lot better, really a lot better!

It does cook great, it is fast and for a long time it had a non-stick finish. Which is now long gone, but I could live with that. Just a little cooking spray and we are good to go. It is just that there are many small problems that could be taken care of and this would be a great product then.

Ithas been a durable product. I have had mine for about 7 years now and the biggest problem is that the non-stick coat has long long ago worn off, and I thought it would have lasted a lot longer than it did!

It is very easy to clean-up, that is once I read the directions on how to clean it. All you have to do is when you are done cooking on it you place a wet rag in the grill and by the time you are ready to wash the gunk will rinse right out. Simple!

Just plug it in and you are ready to go, but my biggest problem I have with the grill is that it has no temperature variability! It is always HOT so you can not cook something at a desired temperature or amount of time that you may want you have the hot and go setting and it is not a setting it is just how it is.

It Could do a Little More George!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

Big Enough for the Entire Family!

from MI

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

If you are going to use the George Foreman Grill - this is the one to have. I have the small, single portion version of the George Foreman grill, and one year my sister and I got this larger version for my parents for Christmas. That was year and years ago, and this thing is still kicking. It is big enough to fit several pieces of meat or a couple of sandwiches on at once - which is a huge plus for me. My biggest complaint about the smaller model is that you can only cook one thing at a time, which just isn't practical. Not with this. This is nice, spacious, and has lots of room to accommodate a variety of foods all at once, for faster cooking resulting in quicker eating and less waiting around.

The George Foreman is a nice option for indoor grilling if you can't get to you outdoor grill. It does a nice job of cooking foods without added fat, and it gives you that grilled flavor that everyone loves.

Excellent. We have had this grill for probably close to ten years - and it is still going strong.

Foreman love, Family Style!

from Aurora, Co

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

Cooks everything evenly and quickly.

Just wipe with a towel or paper towel after every use.

Quick, easy, and makes anyone look like a master chef!

Easy indoor grilling

from Whittier, CA

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

My family has owned George Foreman grills since they have come out and I have to say this one has to be my favorite. I probably use it at least three times a week. Using this is a lot easier then turning on the oven every day. With this bigger George Foreman I am able to cook food for the whole family without worrying about some of the food getting cold before the rest of it is done cooking. There are a couple of things that I don't like about the George Foreman grill. I hate the fact that the plates don't come off because that makes it a lot harder to clean them. I hope in the future that they are able to make a grill that the plates come off of. I recommend this grill to any family that has to working parents because there is not always enough time to worry about dinner. With one of these grills dinner is made A LOT easier. I have purchased these for some of my relatives because they have realized how much easier my life is with one of them.

Great Grill

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

Ok I love to grill and on days when you cant make it outside this is a great product. I love to grill hamburgers and hotdogs. I love this for many reasons, but the number one reason why I love this grill is because of the great taste of the food. Some of these machines work, but it really takes away from the taste of the food. This grill takes out the fat and grease and makes the food a little healthier. I am sure it does not take out all the grease, but it works great. My grandma has one and cooks a lot on it because it is so easy and fast. Not only can you cook burgers, but you can also cook fish and steaks. This is a great grill for all ages. For a college student or a grandma. When you want a snack or a burger this is a great idea. It is healthier to make your own food than to get a greasy burger from a chain.

Cooking on the George Foreman is quick and easy

from Norwood, MA

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

The George Foreman grill is an appliance I use almost everyday.  It is large enough to use for a family meal or company.  It is quick and easy to use.  And it does not take up much room on the kitchen counter.  I have used it to make breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Since we are watching our fat intake, I use it to make "french fries" by just cutting up potatoes , spraying them with PAM and seasoning them ... into the Foreman for about 20 minutes and they are done and fat free!! Another purpose is for panini sandwiches.  No need for a panini maker! You can make 2-3 at a time too.  We have done sausages and hamburgers too but they come out a little dry. The owners' manual has recipes in it and it is helpful to have the cooking times for each as well as great ideas for interesting meals.  The only negatives I would have are two. First, you must spray the grill before each use because otherwise the cleanup is tough.  Secondly, the life of the machine was disappointing.  We have had ours for about 2 years and now there is a problem with the electrical connection...it just shuts down during cooking.  Used to be that a good shake would get it back on but not any longer.  Despite this I would buy another.

not a substitute for grilling

from Elgin, IL

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

The ways I have used this grill have been to make sandwiches such as veggie or portabella mushroom with cheese, to cook hamburger patties, or to cook chicken breasts.  It cooks things well and quickly, so I can't complain about that.  It is also very easy to clean (food / residue seems to come right off with a couple swipes).  It has a little drip catching tray to keep the counter clean.  All these are nice aspects, but I just really hate the taste and especially the texture of food cooked on  here.  Not so much the sandwiches I mentioned, but cooking meat made it just gross: especially in the case of the chicken breasts, just dry, rubbery, and not at all tasty.  The hamburgers tasted downright disgusting.  I don't know what it is that makes it taste and feel so different from just baking or some other method of cooking, but I really don't recommend using this product-- definitely not as a grill substitute, and not even for just easy cooking.  Use your oven.

from Avoca, IA

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

We recieved this grill as a gift. We really didn't think it was something we would like but we decided to use it. Much to our surprise this grill has really been a great addition to our kitchen. It is so easy to use and also very fast. The clean up is very easy and the food comes out great. Using the manual and recipe book that came with it here is no way you can go wrong using this George Foreman Indoor grill. We have found that using the recipe book and following the times suggested our food comes out perfect every time. Having the fat drain away from the food is such a great thing. We were told that as soon as we take the food off we should put damp paper towels on the grill and shut it. Then by the time we have finished eating the grill comes completely clean just by wiping it with the paper towels. So much easier than cleaning the outside large grill. It stores easily and doesn't require any assembly which is a real plus for me. I would recommend this grill to anyone as it is easy to use and so easy to clean and completely safe.

Love my new grill

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

I recently purchased this over the holiday season and it fell in love with this George Foreman Grill. It's fantastic that I can do so much with it. It takes a couple of minutes to heat up, but once it does, it cooks very fast. I been making grilled cheese sandwiches non-stop. It makes those nice grill marks that I like. I also don't have a toaster currently, so I been using this to make toast and heating up waffles. I also been grilling vegetables so it has a lot of possibilities that you can try.

I have tried making burgers and grilling boneless chicken breast and this gets so much of the fat out. All the fat and grease will leak out and be collected in a little compartment. Clean up is also a breeze. All you need to do is spray some disinfectant and wipe it down. It is the most convenient thing I ever bought.

As for durability, I only had it for three weeks, so I cannot comment on it, but it looks very sturdy and durable.

Healthy Cooking with George Foreman!

from Walnut Ridge, AR

Comments about George Foreman Indoor Grill:

About 2 years ago I had lap-band surgery and not long after that we found out my husband was diabetic. So getting in the game and cooking healthy was necessary for both of us. My mother purchased us a George Foreman grill that year for Christmas. It is great for grilling burgers, steaks and all kinds of meat. I love the fact that it gets the fat away from the food instead of it sitting in it.  With constant use it wears out quickly.  I've only had it a year and already need a new one.  The non-stick surface now sticks which makes cleaning it rather difficult. If it wasn't for this problem I would recommend it to everyone.