Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
GR36P

Pros

Cons

Must for Homemade Burgers

I used this last night actually. Boyfriend hadn't eaten all day & didn't feel well because of it, so needed something quick, filling, and hopefully would make left overs. Since there was thawed ground meat in the fridge, homemade burgers it is! It probably took me longer to get all the ingredients out and make the patties then it did to cook the burgers.

That's the beauty of George Foremans, they cook fast and evenly while fascinating you/grossing you out on the amount of fat and grease it drains from your food. I grew up with my mom having one to make burgers, and when I moved out on my own I had to revert back to making burgers on the stove and it just wasn't the same. When I got a house recently, this George Foreman was one of my first kitchen purchases.

I got the family size, even though I only have a two person household at the moment. It's big enough to cook 5-6 burgers, which I love because it means everything is done at once. You don't have to make two rounds with the meat. This model doesn't have the timer but the one my mom had did but we never used it anyway. I let the burgers cook for a while, flip them once if I'm in the mood, then end up unplugging the unit and letting the meat finish cooking in the residual heat.

I think the key to clean up on George Foreman's is to do it while its still warm. I take a mildly soapy wash cloth (or sometimes even paper towel) and get the little bit of food still left on the grill plates. If you take the 2 minutes for clean up every time you use it, it keeps the grill plates in really good shape and the nonstick intact.

Only if your single or have a small family

I bought this thinking it would be great to use on rainy days when we cannot grill outside. However much to my chagrin, it cannot properly cook more than a few meat items at a time! If you have a small family this might be the product for you, but if there is more than two people living in your household you are NOT going to be able to grill vegetables and meat for everyone all at once. You either need to buy a second one, which at the cost of the product I would not recommend or else eat in shifts and that does not sit well with me. I have always believed that dinner time is family time and its the one time of day we all sit down and talk about our day and come together as a family unit. This George foreman grill makes that impossible! It is also bulky and hard to store.

works great for small meals, just do not expect to feed a family with it. It still does not have the taste of an outdoor grill especially a coal grill that you can cook mesquite on but it isn't the worst on taste either.

I don't really know I gave it to a single friend of mine who doesn't have many people to feed per meal.

Not too horrible to clean.

very easy to use.

A must have indoor grill.

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

This George Foreman grill is absolutely the best and I just love how it takes out all the fat from the meat making the food a bit healthier. The grand champ extra value grill makes grilling for your family indoors extreamly easy and literally anyone can use this. If you have ever used the regular size grills then you know it take a long time to cook for multiple people but with this one there is more space for getting more cooking done faster. One of my complaints is it is big which makes storing it after using the grill a lot harder because I do not like leaving it out on the counter and it wont fit in most counters.

The george foreman grill heats up right away no need to be waiting around for it. It honestly makes cooking healthier while grilling indoors a lot easier.

This is absolutely durable my son literally pushed it off my table and the grill did not brake. By the way it was not easy to drag across the table it has these sticky things that makes it stay on the table so it does not slide or move.

Cleaning the top part of the grill was extreamly easy you just unplug let it cool down after using it. I found cleaning the tray that catches the greese extreamly hard. So hard that I avoid using the grill once in a while just so I wont clean it. If you let the greese cool it smells and forms a hard layer over the top and if you dump it out while its hot it will melt the trash bag.

Super easy to use.

Great for indoor grilling!

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

If you love to cook your meat and veggies on the grill, but the weather isn't appropriate for outdoor grilling, try the George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill. George Foreman grills are a great line of products. This particular one is the product I have. I use it all the time for cooking meats and veggies to get those grill lines you can usually only get from an outdoor grill. This product is nice for indoor grilling when the weather is bad. I love the grill marks left on the food. And the grease and fat roll right off the food and escape through bottom of the grill to a drip pan. I love using this for grilling small bits of meat and veggies to put on skewers to make kebabs. Clean up is incredibly easy. It comes with a tool to help scrape the grill without scratching it. The non-stick surface makes cleaning it with a damp paper towel a cinch. Nothing beats the taste of food cooked on a charcoal grill, but when a substitute grill is needed, I always turn to the George Foreman.

Love, hate relationship

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

This grill is one of my favorite things to cook with in my kitchen. The food always tastes great, without all of the grease. I usually make burgers, bacon, sausage, and fish. Its pretty amazing once you see how much grease, and fat that comes off of the meat, and makes you feel better about what your eating. The other nice things about George Foreman grills is there are so many to choose from. They have large grills, and small personal ones. They're very affordable no matter what size you choose too. Now to what I dislike about this grill. I have had to replace this certain grill three times. The issue I was running into was that there was certain parts of the grill that would eventually stop working. You wouldn't notice this until you were cooking your food, and parts of it was not getting all the way cooked. The company has always been great about getting me replacements, and it cooks so well I really do not want to go without one. I highly recommend this product to anyone thinking of buying it.

Only if your single or have a small family

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

Not too horrible to clean.

very easy to use.

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

Excellent. I cook with this grill all of the time. I originally owned the much smaller George Forman grill but you could only cook two steaks or four burgers on it at one time. This grill is large enough to cook a meal for 4 to 6 people. It grills veggies and even pineapple and other fruits as well as makes the best hotdogs you have ever tasted. It really does a great job of getting rid of all of the grease in hamburgers and does a much better job of grilling chicken than the smaller version. I absolutely love to use it for paninis.

This grill cooks all of your meals thoroughly and yet they are still juicy and not dry at all. You can grill meats and veggies at the same time.

As long as you clean the grill well after each use, it will last for years.

Best to clean while grill is still warm or simply plug in to get grill warm for about five minutes and cleaning is a breeze.

Could teach a monkey to use it.

I love this grill. It is a Great Product!!!

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

I love this grill! I live in a small apartment so i have no outside area to grill. This is perfect for me and so easy to use and clean. I would recommend this to anyone! I use it for a ton of my meals and seriously could not live without it. I make so many different things that are so simple but taste so good!

Good food great! It is easy to use and cooks things evenly.

I have had mine for a few years now and have had no problems. I love it and it is easy to clean and maintain.

I simply use a wet cloth after i am finished cooking to wipe it down. Sometimes for messier meals I will use a scrubber sponge but it is really easy and cleans up in minutes.

This grill is so easy to use. Just plug in, turn on, and start grilling! You can make a variety of things including chicken, fish, steak, burgers, grilled vegatables, and even preshed sandwiches. I make a ton of my meals on this grill and do not know what I would do without it!

Healthier yet tasty

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

This product removes the grease providing a healthier meal.This is not only healthier to use it is quicker on my busy days.I have found that I feel better serving my family food prepared on this grill.The only problem could be that I find a need to add a little seasoning to my meat to make it taste different when you want something a little different.I would recommend to anyone that has a hectic schedule and also wants a healthier option to provide for family.

Great grill

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

We got one of these as a wedding gift and we absolutely love it. We use it any time we grill because we do not own an outdoor grill. This grill is great for being healthy because all of the fat drips down in to a pan and your food is not sitting in its on fat. This particular model is great because it gives you a lot more room to cook so you can put multiple pieces of meat on the grill instead of cooking them one at a time. I would certainly recommend this product to anyone especially if it is raining outside and you don't want to grill outside.

Overall it is great it is not hard to use, cleans easily, and its not very expensive.

They are extremely durable because we have never had an issue with ours.

Very easy to clean, just have to unhook the grill plates to wash them in the dishwasher and the tray you can do the same with.

It is extremely easy to use, all you have to do is plug it in and once the light goes off it is heated up enough to cook on.

Good Lil Grill

from Nashville, TN

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

I really like the George Foreman grill. I use it on those nights when I really don't feel like cooking. It is so easy to use and makes delicious, healthy foods in no time at all. You can easily prepare almost anything that you want to in this grill and count on the same health benefits coming your way. I find myself cooking meats in here most of the time but my kids also like me to make waffles!! The removal plate is pretty awesome as well. I guess my biggest complaint against this grill is the mess that it makes. I really hate cleaning it...But that is all dishes....It is dishwasher safe but I do not have a dishwasher so this doesn't really help me out very much. For you it is probably a good thing. I like the price of the grill, too. It is reasonably priced and with such versatility you get what you pay for. Despite the cleaning, I would say this is a great machine that everyone can enjoy using.

Easy great product does what it says

Comments about George Foreman Grand Champ Extra-Value Grill:

I love the George Foreman line, never had a product I did not use weekly and loved. Very easy to use, kids are able to help. Cooks food quickly and evenly. Drains the grease away from the food, you are not cooking in grease as it drains while being cooked . Easily stored out of site when not in use.

George Foreman grill performance as it indicates it will. I have noticed after extended use of the product it begins to stick, usually for my family a year or two is all we can get out each grill. I wish that the non stick feature would last longer. That is the only downside to the product that I have ever an across. Allong with the sticking aspect it then becomes more difficult to keep clean.

handles daily use

easy to keep clean, I prefer the removable trays to the other version. however, either one is easy to clean. Remove trays throw in dishwasher, non removable trays clean while warm and the mess just wipes up.

teenager uses all the time