3.4
General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors

General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors

3.4

Made with Real Milk!

Anyone around the office will attest to my infatuation (alright my addiction) with these little cereal bars. Other than a handful of days here and there, for the past several years I have had a Milk'n Cereal Bar to start my day. I have even been known to have one as a wake-up snack, and then go eat a "real" breakfast. The cereal bars come in three flavors - Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Honey Nut Cheerios. The Cocoa Puffs are a little too sweet for something so early in the day, but let me tell you, those last two flavors are tasty, tasty, tasty. Now I have absolutely no idea just how healthy (or should I say non-healthy) these things are for your diet, but I highly recommend them to keep you hunger-free for at least a few hours.

Chew, swallow, grimace

I know some people who live by these **Honey Nut Milk'n Cereal bars**. They eat them every day with gusto. So I tried one. Can't say I was impressed. Can't say I would eat one again. Can't say I would even remotely recommend them to anyone. I guess it's a matter for your palette to decide.

Any other fruit or granola bar is a far better choice than these **General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars.**

Thumbs down for this one. The only reason it got above one star is supposedly there is some nutritional value to the bar.

Calorie control, and on the road!

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

While I have heard some bad reviews about milk and cereal bars, I was actually a huge fan of these. Usually when I pour cereal I pour two or more servings in a bowl, because a serving is usually 3/4 of a cup or around that amount. Once you factor in the milk, you can easily have a bowl going upwards of 500 or more calories. These are a great option for getting that cereal taste, without so many calories. I usually keep these in the house instead of other ready made breakfast bars because they have the same taste my kids love, and don't weigh them down a lot. My kids love these with an apple or banana in the morning, and we love these to hold us over prior to brunch!

The milk filling is kind of gross

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

These cereal bars were a good concept but the execution was less than perfect. The cereal is the same as it would be from the box, but it is bound together into the bar shape with some sort of sweet stickyness. The thing that really makes these bars unique- and also not so good- is the milk filling. It's gross like coagulated milk with added sugar.

Comes in handy

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

Every year my family takes a family vacation. Most of the time we drive to our vacation destination. A road trip with 3 kids can be really tough. General mills cereal bars are always a part of our family road trips. They are quick and convenient. They make a great snack as well. They make it easier to feed your kids when milk is not available on demand. I love the fact that they are individually wrapped. The milk layer inside of the cereal bar is very tasty, it adds a little sweetness to the bars. It kind of tastes as if there is frosting in the middle of the bar. The bar tastes exactly like the cereal except for the frosted layer. I am unsure if the sugar content of these bars is higher as a result of that. Overall, I use this product mainly because they are convenient for travel. My children enjoy them very much. They make our travels much more simple and help us save money by not eating out as much.

Tastes just like what they are.

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars truly taste like what they advertise. I am not a huge fan of them, but they are exactly as advertised. The "milk" filling is more like a paste. It tastes like a cream with a pasty, dry texture. The cereal on the top and bottom of the bar is glazed with some sort of sugary glaze. They come in many flavors. They're not bad, but they're not healthy for you and not an every day treat.

Something different, but not great

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

Just eat the cereal in a bowl, don't bother with these bars. The "milk" in the middle is an extra sweet thing that holds the bar together and almost hides the taste of the cereal. If you enjoy Cinnamon Toast Crunch, these are worth a try. The concept isn't great and the product is even less great.

really weird

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars are really weird, and not in a good way. Let's just cut to the chase: the "milk" inside is every bit as nasty as it looks/sounds. I mean the things are edible if you're really hungry, but they're far from good. There's nothing even remotely milk-like about the "milk" part. It tastes like a batch of Oreo filling went wrong in some way so they made these bars out of it instead. A bowl of cereal these bars are not.

Cereal Pack

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

As a stay at home mom, I love the convenience of things! and this is handy helpful and DELICIOUS! My children and I love cereal! I love to be able to give kids a cereal bar, and let them get their day started! Although I wish they made boxes with more than six count in the box :)

Will not try it again!

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

I tried the General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars as a quick alternative to breakfast when I am running late or just feeling lazy. I did notice that the bars had a chemical smell to them, along with the "real milk" which did not have a milk taste. This was not like having a bowl of cereal at all.

A sweet disappointment.

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

The General Mills cereal bars combine two layers of their most popular sugary cereals sandwiching a layer that reportedly is the equivalent of a serving of milk. It is a convenient, novel product; however, the cereal pieces are chewy not crunchy like we are accustomed to them, and the dairy layer tastes like cereal sweetened milk (but not it a good way). For me, the bars are the equivalent of eating a soggy bowl of cereal that's been left out too long. I have tried at least three varieties and have been equally disappointed with each.

My family and I really like the taste.

Comments about General Mills Milk'n Cereal Bars - Assorted Flavors:

I've been buying General Mills cinnamon toast cereal for years so for them to come out with milk and cereal bars with the same flavor was a great idea. These are good when you don't have any time for breakfast or when you are on the go. My family and I really like the yummy taste of these.