Other Cereals:
General Mills
General Mills Kix Cereal

General Mills Kix Cereal

General Mills Kix Cereal: A Healthy Snack For Kids

My sons weren't picky when it came to cereal but they liked round cereal more than flakes or crisped rice. Kix is one of the healthier cereals from General Mills and something that has a nice crunch to it. When I baby sit younger kids I know that I can always grab a snack bag, pour in some Kix and toss it in their backpack for a snack later on in the day.

Whether you eat these with milk or as a snack, they have a nice crunch to them. They are not sugar coated and a serving only has 3 grams of sugar. I have bought and tried all three flavors of Kix but the plain version is the one that kids like best. I thought that they would like the berry version but most of the kids tried a couple pieces and asked for the "other ones".

Even though they are crunchy they are suitable snacks for toddlers; you should be in the room when they are eating these (or any type of food) in case they shove too many in their mouth at one time.

From a nutritionally standpoint I like that these have more vitamins and minerals than other "kid friendly" cereals. The only downside is that if you have a child strapped into a highchair and put a handful on their tray they could roll into the crease on the edge of the tray making it hard to reach them. Solve that by putting them in a bowl that has a suction cup on the bottom of them.

Not like it was used to be

Kix cereal used to be my all-time favorite growing up as a kid. I remember the commercials that tend to attract me with their jingle: "Kids tested, mother approved". I wish that jingle still stands true today. I think the quality and taste of Kix has declined over the years. I used to love eating sugary cereals, too, like Froot Loops while enjoying the sweet taste and crunchy taste of Kix. I loved it before because it was simple, sweet, and light. Kix lacks the sweetness and the texture is not the same. I feel like I am munching through cardboard when I try even a handful of Kix. It tastes somewhat stale and the cereal is not as crunchy anymore. I have given Kix a chance even when I recently first tried and noticed the decline in quality. I bought another box of Kix several months later at a different store and it is the same lack of taste and texture. I still enjoy other cereals I used to eat as a kid and healthier ones, but Kix is not one of them on the list anymore. At least they still go on sale and maintain a large size box unlike some cereals that have decreased their size and sell for the same price they did back when I was a kid. Also, for someone who wants something light, Kix is right for the consumers who don't enjoy the sugar.

General Mills Kix Cereal: A Healthy Snack For Kids

from Pittsburgh, PA

Kix Cereal

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

I love General Mills Kix cereal! I have been eating it since I was a child and have always loved these sweet little balls! They have a very sweet flavor and they are kind of crunchy. They taste great with or without milk and are a great portable snack for kids that they will enjoy. This is one of the first cereals that my son liked when he was starting to eat cereal! This cereal is made out of corn and it's very healthy! General Mills cereals always contain a lot of vitamins and minerals while not compromising on flavor so kids will actually enjoy eating it. I would recommend trying all the different flavors that General Mills Kix cereal offers! My personal favorite is the berry Kix which I believe is one of their newer flavors. I would definitely recommend any General Mills Kix cereal to any family that enjoys good food but also values the importance of healthy eating!

kix cereal

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

My kids like Kix cereal with milk or without. They think, it makes them grow faster. It tastes good. It doesn't get soggy right away. I mix the Kix cereal with colored fruit loops to get kids to eat it, otherwise it tastes too plain. With something sweet added the cereal tastes way better.

Tasty and not too sweet

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

I like Kix because it is a nutritious cereal without a lot of sugar. I don't like sweet cereals. It has a great natural flavor and has been around for a long time. I trust the brand. Kix is a budget-friendly cereal. and I love the fact that when I'm hungry it really hits the spot.

Twice as nice

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

I used to eat Kix when I was a kid so, purchasing it for my kids was somewhat a no brainer. It happened to be one of my all time favorites. As an adult, I enjoy the sturdiness of the cereal, the way it keeps it's crunch even after the milk is poured. I also love that it is not too sweet and that it has some nutritional value. It is quick and easy to serve in the morning and works well as dry cereal for toddlers too.

Tasty source of Calcium

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

General Mills Kix Cereal is an excellent source of calcium by itself, add in the milk and it is great! They do seem to be lacking a little flavor but they are good just as they are as I think that is me being picky. My daughters also absolutely love this cereal as a snack.

This cereal reminds me of my childhood.

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

Kix is a light and crisp corn-based cereal. It is lightly sweetened and tastes wholesome but is not very filling. It is also a very buoyant cereal, so you have to be careful when pouring the milk. It is very easy to have Kix tumble out of the bowl and bounce around every where. It also makes a good finger food snack for little ones.

As a side note, this is a Box Tops for Education product. Please clip and donate to your local schools. Every little bit helps.

Cereal that is good for you.

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

What sets this brand of cereal apart from all the others is that this cereal is not riddled entirely with sugar. You are guaranteed with a healthy brand of cereal when you prefer to eat Kix than other sugar-based cereal out there. As a kid, I would always ask my mom to get us this cereal. Its taste complements very well with a cold bowl of milk every morning.

Great taste, low sugar

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

Generally, I prefer the sweet stuff; Corn Pops, Frosted Flakes, Honey Smacks and the like. Kix cereal is one of my few exceptions. I love how it is just sweetened enough, and that it tastes good both as a breakfast cereal and as a snack.

Also, unlike the store brand cereals, it doesn't get soggy in milk unless you linger when you eat it; otherwise, you can enjoy a crunchy bowl!

Great cereal with light crunch

from Chicago, IL

Comments about General Mills Kix Cereal:

I've been a fan of Kix since I was a kid.  I love the crunch and texture, and the very smallest hint of sweetness in the flavor.  I do not like sugary cereals at all, and like that Kix has stayed true to its healthful roots.  My only complaint is that I don't like their new box design.  I think they should stick with the imagery that has stood the test of time and get rid of that weird looking corn stalk on the box cover.