Other Cereals:
General Mills
General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal

General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal

I Get Half of My Daily Fiber Intake in One Tasty Bowl of Cereal

I am both a morning person and a bona fide cereal person.  I have the most mental clarity and energy in the morning, which is undoubtedly fueled by my daily bowl of cereal.  The crunchier, the better.  I prefer cereals that have a strong, textured flake and I'm passionate about any kind of raisins, cranberries, strawberries, almonds, and pecans, with an oat or nut cluster thrown in for good measure   I am generally guided more by taste than nutritional information, but I'm trying to be more aware of how my favorite cereals stack up nutritionally. To that end, I was pleased to discover **that General Mills' Fiber One Cereal with Honey Clusters** offers a whopping 51% of the daily value of fiber in one crunchy bowl of flakes. The lightly sweetened flakes are made of whole grain wheat, corn bran, and wheat bran.  In addition, the whole grain oat clusters have a slight honey-sweetened taste that I enjoy.  My only complaint is that there aren't nearly enough of the oat clusters to my liking.  However, since each cup of cereal is low in calories (160), yet high in fiber - Dietary Fiber (13g), Soluble Fiber (3g), I can honestly say the amount of clusters is not a deal breaker.

I find that on the mornings that I eat **Fiber One Cereal with Honey Clusters** my appetite is kept solidly in check.  I feel completely satiated, and don't begin to feel the stirrings of hunger again until 1:30 to 2:00 in the afternoon.  That's a pretty good endorsement for a small bowl of cereal.

Honey Clusters...fiber count has gone down.

I loved this cereal and would have rated it 5 stars, but I'm sad to say the fiber count has gone down.  I was just in the grocery store this afternoon 2/16/09 and picked up a box of Honey Clusters to compare with another cereal.  The fiber count has gone down to 8 grams!!  I came home and checked the box in my pantry and it says 13 grams.  What's going on General Mills?

51% of daily fiber plus super tasty with a great crunch!

from Norman, OK

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

The best part about this cereal is its amazing fiber content.  Even with all the fiber, however, it still tastes AMAZING.  the honey adds a nice sweetness and the flakes stay crunchy and don't get soggy in the milk. It is so good, it's hard to stop at just one bowl!

General Mills Fiber One Clusters Cereal

from Miami, FL

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

This cereal is very good if you are trying to get in your daily fiber. I love this cereal because of the amount of fiber I get from it. I have a difficult time going to the restroom on a regular basis but ever since I have been eating fiber one cereal I have been using the restroom often. The taste is good considering...I would definitely recommend this cereal to anyone needing their daily fiber.

Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal USED TO BE awesome...

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

I think it's funny that the ads running say that the cereal doesn't taste like cardboard - it didn't used to, but it surely does now.  The original "formula" included walnut meal, almond meal and brown sugar molasses, as well as some other things that were omitted and/or replaced.  I ate it dry as a snack.  The new formulation is not at all good - the only way that I can tolerate it is to cover the taste with milk and a little splenda.  I used to have 8 oz. every  day - sometimes more.  Now the box sits in the pantry until I get the gumption to choke some down for benefit of the fiber once or twice a week.  I have mostly switched to other sources for my fiber.

Really a shame that they had to go and mess it up. :s  I WAS a very loyal customer for this product.

The new recipe for the FiberOne Honey Cluster cereal is a shame.

from Lebanon, NH

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

This used to be my favorite cereal.  I'd eat it every morning for breakfast to stay regular and because it used to taste amazing.

Unfortunately, General Mills decided to change the ingredients and now it's a bland and boring cereal.  They should have labeled the box with a "new recipe" alert.

I'll have to find a new cereal.

I'm amazed at the amount of fiber in this cereal!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

I find it really hard to get the 25-30g of fiber that is recommended we get each day.  I've been trying to find products that contain more fiber, so that's why I bought this cereal - even though it isn't really my type of cereal.

Most of the cereals I eat have between 1-4g of fiber per one cup serving.  That's nowhere near what it should be.  I browsed some of the Fiber One cereals at the grocery store and I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the side of the box and saw that **General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal **has a whopping 13g of fiber per one cup serving!  I decided I had to buy it and give it a shot.

My initial thought was that this cereal has a slight maple flavor that I didn't really care for, but the longer the cereal sat in the milk, the less pronounced it was.  I like the flakes because they are crunchy, and maintain their crunch throughout the whole bowl.  They are thicker and crunchier than Wheaties or other kinds of flake cereals.  This cereal also has some "honey clusters" which are comprised of mini balls of something crunchy, but there's not nearly enough of them.  It seems like there's a 9-1 ratio of flakes to honey clusters, and I would like this cereal even more if there were more honey clusters.

While, I'm not totally crazy about the flavor of this cereal, I do like that it has a decent flavor for how healthy it is.  It doesn't taste like cardboard at all.  I also like that this cereal stays crunchy and doesn't get soggy at all.  Lastly, I absolutely love the fact that I get 13g of fiber per serving.  While **Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal **isn't one of my favorites, it does have many good points that made me give it a 4 star rating.

Nutrition (1 cup) - 160 calories, 1.5g fat, 0 cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 13g fiber, 3g protein

Good fiber and taste

from Norwalk, CA

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

Got a free sample of Fiber One Honey Clusters and was surprised by how much I liked it. We have bought several full sized boxes since, and continue to love it. We like it with sliced banana and fat free milk. I highly recommend it!

Great way to start your day!

from Temecula, CA

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

This is a great cereal that isn't loaded with empty calories and sugars. It can be so hard to get your daily nutrients all in with a busy schedule! Fiber One Honey Clusters provide over 50% of your daily fiber along with calcium and other positive vitamins. This cereal tastes great and is so good for you!

Delicious, Yet Nutritious!

from Dahlonega, GA

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

General Mills has done it right. **Fiber One Honey Clusters**, is a delicious cereal offering you a low-fat, high fiber breakfast option. The serving size is 1 Cup and contains **160 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 13 grams of fiber**. For individuals watching carbohydrate intake the carb count is 42 grams, much like most other breakfast cereals. However, **Fiber One** is packed full of whole grains, essential for healthy body functions so the carb count should not deter you from banning it from your diet. One may expect Fiber One to taste like cardboard. This taste is typically associated with high-fiber cereals. Thankfully, this taste is completely absent from **Fiber-One Honey Clusters**. The best way to describe the taste is that of light, crispy honey flakes. As a** dietitian**, I see many clients dealing with health issues, directly related to the lack of fiber in their diet. These types of issues can be directly avoided if fiber consumption is increased! I recommend Fiber-One to many of my clients because they are able to get half of the **RDA** (recommended dietary allowance) of fiber in just one bowl of this cereal.

Love it, really good flavor!

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

My daughter was having difficulties and our family physician suggested we try Fiber One, so I bought the Fiber One Honey Clusters. Oh, my word! This is acually a really good cereal. Just as the commercials say, does not taste like cardboard. The Honey Clusters in there really make the cereal. I think if the cereal was just the flakes it would be rather bland, but with those clusters. Mmmmmmm! Just add milk (has to be really cold) and you are ready to go. Great tasting breakfast.

Physician recommended this and she was right. really gets the system moving. Only downside is If you eat this cereal you may want to be close to the facilities and can make you feel a little on the gasy side.  Works within an hour or so. Actually felt like I started to loose some weight eating this cereal in the morning.

So, does not taste like cardboard, tastes really good, gets the system moving, and makes me feel like I have lost weight! These are all good for me!

Would recommend this to all!

Fiber & Great Taste

from Dundalk, MD

Comments about General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal:

General Mills Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal is a great tasting cereal that has lots of health benefits.  The cereal has lots of fiber which most of us need.  The honey clusters are sweet and crunchy.  The flakes are good also.  I love it dry with milk on the side or I will put it in milk adding a bit of cereal at a time since I do not like soggy cereal.