3.7
General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal

General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal

3.7

It's Cookies and Milk in the Morning

I know sugared cereals are not the healthiest things to feed our kids in the morning, or for us to eat as adults, but I have to admit I do let some in to our as on occasion.  I also have to admit that I probably like to eat them as much as my kids.  Most days I try to start my days out healthy, but every so often I indulge myself with some sugared kids cereals.

I have several that I like, but I will only buy cereals that are on sale.  Recently Cookie Crisp cereal by General Mills was on sale, and I picked up a box to bring home.  I knew my kids would be exited because I know they love this cereal.

Cookie Crisp cereal is a cereal that looks like little tiny chocolate chip cookies.  They have other flavors as well, but I am reviewing the regular and original cookie crisp.  The little cookies are a tad bit bigger than most cereals, and only 2 or 3 will fit on your spoon at a time.

They don't exactly taste like a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie, they taste more like the hard grocery store brand.  They also don't get all soft in milk like cookies do either.  They stay fairly firt for a while after the milk is poured on them.  Of course if you leave them sitting in the milk long enough they will get soft.

The cereal boxes seem to be shrinking and this box of cereal that I bought is only 11.25 oz.  It lasted just one morning in my house.  The price of this cereal is consistent with other cereals.

The serving size for this cereal is 3/4 cups.  There are 12 servings per box.  There are 100 calories per serging, and slightly less than 1 gram of fat.  There is 0% cholesterol, and there is only 1 gram of fiber, and 1 of protein, there are 22 grams of carbohydrate.  There are 11 grams of sugar.

There are 10% of the RDA of Vitamins A, C, D, and Calcium and 25% of Iron, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, and Zinc.  There is 4% Phosphorus, and 2% Magnesium.

Personally I really like the taste of this.  It is hearty and filling.  I am find it shameful that the box is so small, but it seems like that is what all of the cereal companies are trying to pull off (like they think we don't notice).  I also like that while there is a good amount of sugar, it is still lower in sugar than a lot of cereals of this same type, it also provides some whole grain.  It does also provide a good supply of vitamins and minerals.

Unbelievable

How would I ever be able to write something great about it if they tiny, glossy, garbage is given to me. Looking at the box, I'll admit it looks great. General Mills designers must have used a lot of photoshop to make this junk look good. Tastes horrible and doesn't even come close to my expectations. I'm will never buy this product again and am very disappointed in General Mills for coming out with this rubbish. Comparing those to cookies is like comparing a high school basketball team to the Golden State Warriors. It just doesn't work.

Unbelievable

from Sacramento, CA

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Looks good on the box

Cons

• Looks disgraceful in person
  • Misleading advertisements
  • Taste horrible

• Fun to throw in the garbage

Love this cereal!

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

I am a huge Cookie Crisp fan. Back to when I was little, to now, I have always loved them. They aren't the healthiest of all cereals out there, but they also aren't awful for you either. I think they come in at about 120 calories per 3/4 cup which is a serving. I usually have a little bit more than 3/4 of a cup but I just love cereal. I'm sure someone with a little more cereal self control will be able to limit themselves to the 3/4 cup, haha. But anyways, I would definitely recommend this cereal to absolutely anyone really. It tastes good. You can trick your kids into thinking they are having "cookies" for breakfast. That's always a good thing right? They also have a variety in box sizes too. So they have smaller boxes maybe if you are not sure you're going to like it, and then they have larger boxes for the huge Cookie Crisp fans like me. Cookie Crisp is definitely one of my favorite cereals made by General Mills though.

Chocolate chip cookie CEREAL!

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

Ever since I was little, I've ADORED Cookie Crisp! Who doesn't want a bowl of tiny chocolate chip cookies for breakfast that's actually GOOD for you too? You wouldn't think they're so full of vitamins and minerals, but they are. Good for breakfast AND dessert, namely being mixed with vanilla ice cream (that's MY personal favorite), it's just DELICIOUS! Tiny chocolate chip cookies you can eat by the bowlful!

Gross!

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

I used to eat this cereal when I was younger, but I recently came across it again. I tried it and was surprised at how gross it was! They don't taste like chocolate chip cookies at all. They are very cute because they look like mini cookies, but the taste doesn't match up. However, the texture is awesome and they don't get soggy in milk fast. They have basically no nutrition value so I don't recommend them for every day eating.

Expensive but so darn good

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

This breakfast cereal is worth splurging on occasionally. The taste is so unique and delicious that you will get addicted and want to eat the entire box. Because of how expensive this cereal can be, you should really look for coupons or sales before purchasing.

yummy

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

This is a throwback! I have not eaten these in years, but I love them. I mean, who does not love having cookies for breakfast? As with all cereals these days, I think that they are overpriced, but they are a nice treat. and they double as a dessert! the problem is they are eaten too quickly!

Taste like miniature chocolate chip cookies!

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

I love cookie crisp cereal! It tastes like a bunch of mini chocolate chip cookies. It is great for morning breakfast as it leaves me feeling full for a while. I love the sweet chocolate that is inside each cookie crisp. However, this cereal can be expensive sometimes when its not on sale.

Great as a child, not so tasty now that I'm an adult!

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

When I was a little girl I loved Cookie Crisp. I think this was because the name and concept were so cool-eating cookies and milk for breakfast! I tried some recently and was so disappointed. It is very hard and crunchy. There is no chocolate chip taste. It did not taste like chocolate chip cookies at all! It was very bland.

Yummy little cookies

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

We like to keep General Mills cookie crisp cereal in our cabinet as a small snack. We put them in little baggies and munch on them all day. My kids also like to take these to have at snack time at school. The cookie crisp cereal box had many changes , when I was my childrens age the box had a wizard guy and when I got a little older there was the coo ooooookie crisp robber . Now they have a wolf on it . Still the same great cereal with many different boxes .

Just OK cereal

Comments about General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal:

As a child I remember every so often my mom buying General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal for me. When we did get it I remember the cookies tasting awesome. It was like putting chocolate chip cookies in milk. Now that I am much older they just do not taste right to me. Could be my taste buds going out but it just did not seem the same.