Other Refrigerators:

General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Maximized space ina compact design.

Interior Organization
It has a...Read complete review

Interior Organization
It has a deep door storage pocket that can accommodate at least 2 one gallon milk jugs. Shelves are adjustable. The one drawback is not being able to fully open the door side crisper drawer for maximum access or removal for cleaning if the door opens against a wall.

Temperature Control
So far has kept foods very cold without adjustment even during summer heatwaves.

Hard to get to the bottom door pocket which is narrow and under the deepest door pocket. We discovered that while the shelves are adjustable it is difficult to get them in and out if you wish to give them a good soak or scrubbing in the sink.

My unit is only 3 years old so I don't yet know how durable it will be.

No divider shelf for the freezer make is difficult to pull stock. I solved part of this problem by keeping things in plastic baskets/ bins and added a stand alone wire organizer shelf for a discount store.

Keeps things cold, but I hate the shelves.

I got this fridge in a pinch when my old one died. I was limited on space, so I had to stick with a smaller fridge than I really wanted. This one works well on keeping things cold, but the shelves are kind weirdly placed and the drawers are a pain. This is one I would not say is great for a family,but would be good for a single person that doesn't use a fridge for more than just keeping a few items cool.

Noise Level
This model runs quietly enough that it doesn't really bother you during cycles. It can be heard, but it's not disturbing.

Interior Organization
As I mentioned before, the shelving is weird in this one and the drawers are not placed as well as I would like. The drawers also do not glide easily as I would like.

Temperature Control
Temperature control is excellent. It keeps things just as you would like. The freezer really keeps things frozen solid also.

Fairly easy to clean, but not the easiest I have ever owned. The shelves are easier to clean than the old kind of wire shelving, but the drawers are a pain to clean.

Even though I have only had mine for about 2 years now, it's having no problems at all.

I don't think the space was used as well as it could have been. My old fridge had the same square foot capacity, but I can fit fewer things into this one. Two litter bottles are a real pain in the butt!

Wanted GE

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Small Kitchens

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

After my 18 cubic foot 1978 ge frig died 2 weeks ago, I decided my new one had to be a GE also. I hope this one lasts 38 years like my old one. Since its made in usa, it probably will. Quiet, attractive, clean and plain appearing. Am pleased so far. Good value for cost. Nice layout on the inside.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Great

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

This fridge and freezer looks smaller but I'm always pleasantly surprised at how much it actually fits. Never had a problem with it! It's quiet, very easy to clean, and the temperature control is very even. We did have one rack crack by placing too much weight on it so weight distribution should be taken into account when storing heavy things like bags of potatoes. Overall, a great fridge/freezer.

VERY quiet.

Interior Organization
    The shelves can be raised or lowered depending on your needs.

Large, useful refrigator

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with this refrigerator in my kitchen. The top freezer has an ice cube maker that produces ice rather quickly. The inside door of the freezer includes two shelves, with are the perfect size for holding ice cream containers, left over chicken, or long pieces of meat. In the freezer itself, there are two long shelves which can hold large quantities of frozen food. In the bottom portion of the refrigerator, the space has three large shelves, and two bottom drawers. The drawers are great for storing vegetables and fruits, but the drawers are not see through, so it's easy to forget they are in there. Two shelves on the door allow for plenty of room for a gallon (or two) of milk, and there is a space for cheese to go. The temperature can be changed from high to low (cold to coldest), but even on the "middle" cold setting, my items on the top shelf of the refrigerator occasionally freeze. Overall, a great refrigerator for a small space!

• Temperature Control:

My refrigerator is the best.

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

My husband bought me this general electric refrigerator two months ago. It's just perfect. I love it and brag on it constantly. We have had absolutely no problems with ours. It runs quietly. It keeps everything at the right temperature inside. I just love it.

• Temperature Control:

This General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator works great.

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

This refrigerator is an efficient and reliable refrigerator. I have had one for a few years and I have not had any problems out of it. I is compact enough where it can fit in to most spaces. Mine is a white exterior with a white interior. It has 3 large shelves and 4 door shelves. It has separate meat and vegetable compartments. The freezer has a large shelf and 2 shelves in the door. The inside of the refrigerator is very easy to clean. It is quiet and makes almost no noise. There is no ice maker, which is something I would like it to have. It might be too small for a really large family, unless you shop frequently, but for an average or small family it would have perfect room. It is small enough to fit in and apartment or another type of small kitchen, but large enough to hold everything. The shelves and drawers come out making them easy to clean. There is also a thing in the refrigerator where you can raise or lower the temperature in the refrigerator making it more or less cold.

Noise Level
    It makes almost no noise.

The design is very efficient.

• Temperature Control:

Maximized space ina compact design.

Temperature Control

My unit is only 3 years old so I don't yet know how durable it will be.

Don't Buy This Problem Fridge

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

The freezer doesn't maintain a steady temperature despite the settings. This causes the food to become covered in ice crystals. Sometimes ice cubes melt into a big mess, and ice cream is wither rock hard or almost melted.

Noise Level
    High pitched whine, that can drive you up the wall.

Interior Organization
    Lowest in door shelf is rescessed, so you have to ben over quite far to see what's on it. Design flaw.

Temperature Control
    The freezer from day one fluctuates and creates a mess.

The glass shelves are a bit of a PIA to clean. Glass gets dirty easily.

Feels very chintzy.

Lots of things like crisper and in door shelf design should have been done differently.

• Temperature Control:

A very reliable refrigerator, with very few problems

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

A very reliable refrigerator, that has plenty of room. The only complaint I have is that the bottom drawer tends to try to fall out. But other than that, I would definitely recommend it.

Noise Level
    I can hear it, but it is not loud at all. At first, I thought it had stopped working, because I couldn't hear it from the next room.

Interior Organization
    There is plenty of room as it is organized well.

Temperature Control
    The temperature control is good. Once in a while our sodas freeze, but for the most part, it keeps everything nice and cold.

Very easy to clean, once we have removed a ton of food :) It is very easy to wipe clean, and the outside cleans easily also.

For the most part, this is a very durable refrigerator. As I said, I do have issues with the bottom draw trying to slide on out when I pull on it. I do like the refrigerator

I like the simple design. The way it is made, the freezer has plenty of room also. Plus, it fits in my very small kitchen.

durable

from Mankato, MN

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

We have used our refrigerator for about 6 years now and it is still going strong. It is pretty quiet overall. There is a slight humming sound of the refrigerator running, but it is not loud or noticeable very often. If the house is quiet, you can hear it though. The refrigerator seems very durable. The drawers and shelves seem sturdy and stable and have not broken yet. I like that the shelves and drawers are easily adjustable and I can change them quickly to make more room and different heights so that I can fit everything in that I need.
    I like that I can take out the shelves fairly easily and can clean them and clean the refrigerator pretty well. I can wash the shelves and take off the end caps if I need to deep clean them. Then, I snap the ends back on after everything is dry and put the shelves and drawers back into place.
    The light is bright and works well for seeing all the food. There is plenty of room in the fridge to get a lot of food at varying heights into it. I like the big fridge and small freezer up top.

Great Basic Refrigerator!

Comments about General Electric Top Freezer Refrigerator GTS18FBS:

If you are looking for a new refrigerator that is easy on your cash-flow but is still a great value, I would highly suggest this product!
    When my old one died in the middle of the night I needed to get another as soon as possible but since I, of course, didn't have time to save back the money for a new one I ran into a problem... I didn't want to (again) have to borrow some extra cash from a friend and didn't have very much saved back in my 'emergency' money. I wanted a fridge that was affordable but not something that would just be a piece of junk. I was so luck to see this model advertised in my local sales paper and got it.
    I'm so glad I did! It's a great value and I would suggest it to anyone who is on a budget but wants an appliance that will not breakdown as soon as you get it home.

Actually pretty quiet.

It works good for me!

Haven't had a problem yet!