Other Digestion Medicines:
Gaviscon
Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid

Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid

Does its job, worse texture than maalox

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid:

It works not great, but it works! Doesn't taste great, but I cannot complain. I got it in a lurch when there was no Maalox available at the local grocery store I went to. I feel it could work a bit faster and it would be a better product.

It works well not great. Extra strength Maalox is better.

Immediacy
Takes a little longer than I would like to work.

• Immediacy:

Effective for pregnancy heartburn

from Amelia, OH

Pros

Cons

Comments about Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid:

While I will admit I have always been a tums fan and an occasional pepto bismol for upset stomach relief, I was pleasantly surprized at Gaviscon's effectiveness during pregnancy. The doctor gave us a list of can take medicines. Tums was not on the list at the time amidst my dismay because I knew it worked. I payed particular attention to a new product to me on the list which was gaviscon. Gaviscon was allowed to be ingested during pregnancy for heartburn. I thought I knew what heartburn was previously, but boy was I wrong. Pregnancy heartburn is not a joke. I bought some gaviscon and it took it away almost instantly and stayed away for long enough for me to get to sleep and forget about it. It did not make me sick or harm the baby. I would not have never known about gaviscon had it not been for the doctor's "yes" list. Now I think, if it is mild enough to take during pregnancy, I feel confident enough to take it later in life. Converted!

Gaviscon Stops My Belly Pain

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid:

In the last ten years or so I have been battling Irritable Bowel Syndrome better know as IBS.  I was diagnosed with this by my Gastroenterologist.  One of the many symptoms of IBS is experiencing a chronic disruptive digestive system.  The first item on my "get well" list that my doctor advised me to buy was Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid.  This has been the absolute mainstay in conquering IBS and basically any condition where an upset stomach is concerned.  Gaviscon Extra Strength has helped me with acid indigestion, GERD and for something as simple as overindulging.  I have tried the Gaviscon antacid tablets but honestly, I find that the Gaviscon Liquid does an incredibly better job of relieving my upset stomach symtoms quicker and I find that the Gaviscon Liquid coats my stomach as well.  As well as doing a fantastic job at relieving upset stomach symptoms, Gaviscon Liquid tastes great and I found that the Mint flavor is the absolute best.

Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid for heartburn or acid indigetion

from Olyphant, PA

Comments about Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid:

I was frequently suffering from acid indigestion and  upset stomach..i tried so many home made remedies to overcome this problem but at times it was so severe that i could not help myself than to take medicine. i was searching for a solution that long last and do not have any side effects..then my friend recommended Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid to me..I went to the store and purchased the medication.. This medication gives you relief from heartburn, upset stomach and acid indigestion..

Before taking the medicine i consulted my doctor whether to use the product or not. the doctor recommended this product to me and advised me to take whenever i have severe problem..You wont believe but this product worked so well that after having this i easily get relieve from the above problem and could concentrate in my routine work without any disturbance..the best part is i never got its side effect or other problems after using this.. so i feel like this product is made for me..

Finally, an OTC medication that works!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid:

I have finally found a product that actually works! Gaviscon is a life saver. Not only did I have problems with indigestion, I also had a problem with ulcers. This suff actully made my ulcers feel soooo much better than they had in years! It's cost effective, works wonderfully, and I would highly suggest you give this a try. It also worked great when I was pregnant also. Of course, you should talk to your doctor first, as I did. You may want to try the tablet form also. The tablets do taste much better, even though the liquid is still pleasant tasting.