4.1
Gatorade G2

Gatorade G2

4.1

Low calorie sports drink with full flavor

**Gatorade's** new **G2** line of sports drinks have half the calories of the original **Gatorade**.  I typically drink the 32-ounce **G2**, which is 80 calories.  The container suggests that a serving is 8 ounces, so technically, you should only be getting 20 calories per serving.  One of the great things about **Gatorade G2** is that those are energy calories, versus the fat calories that just sit there.

Most of the time I prefer *[Powerade Zero][1] *, which has 0 calories, even in the 32-ounce bottles, but Kroger's sales have led me to try **Gatorade G2** more often.  **G2 **obviously** **has more calories than *Powerade Zero*, but it also has more flavor, too.

Another plus to **Gatorade's G2** is that they have [powder packets][2] you can mix in a 16.9-ounce bottled water and poof, instant sports drink.

I work hard when I'm in the gym and finish drenched in sweat, soaking through my shirts.  That said, I'm losing a lot of fluid and electrolytes during my workouts and need the hydration **Gatorade G2** provides.  I don't drink it *instead* of water, though.  I drink it *in addition* to water.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Coca-Cola-Powerade-Zero-Sports-Drink-review-2ed44
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Gatorade-G2-Powder-review-d9b94

I'll stick with Gatorade.

I bought a bottle of G2 after I saw the commercial for it.  I love Gatorade, so I was pretty excited that they'd made a healthier version, for non-athletes.Well, needless to say, I was extremely disappointed.  It tasted like gatorade, I guess, only extremely watered-down.  As much as I'd like to lose weight, trying to drink this all the time would just be torture.

Good and healthy

from Utah

Comments about Gatorade G2:

Gatorade G2 is a new line that is designed to have less calories and be healthier. I drink a lot of Gatorade when running in order to replace electrolytes and stay hydrated (especially running in the dry heat of Utah). Overall, I think regular Gatorade has a fuller and better taste than G2. G2 tastes a little bit thinner and more watery. But it is still a pretty good flavor that is pretty enjoyable. I definitely notice that I stay hydrated better with G2 than with regular water, which is the main reason that I drink it. To me, the health benefit plus a pretty good taste makes it well worth drinking. I usually buy the 32 ounce bottles, and they last pretty well for a longer run. They provide enough hydration without weighing down my stomach and making it feel bad while running (I usually slowly drink about a third before a run and the other two thirds after I finish).

Great taste,, but too much sugar

Comments about Gatorade G2:

I give these an eight because I have mixed feelings about them. They taste great and I used to drink them all the time, but then I became a health nut. After I have finished a workout I like to have a nice cold drink. As much as I would love to grab a gatorade, I cant get myself to do it. They are absolutely packed with sugar! I feel like it would be a waste of a workout

Delicious, thirst quenching and a good alternative to soda!

Comments about Gatorade G2:

I seldom drink soda or juice since I try to avoid much sugar intake. I like G2 because it quenches my thirst and is low in calories and sugar. The 12 ounce size is perfect for me. It contains only 7 grams of sugar and 30 calories. It also has potassium and sodium. I like the benefit of the electrolytes. My favorite flavor is glacier freeze.

Gatorade G2 Low Calorie is my subsitute for soda

from Franklin, WI

Comments about Gatorade G2:

I cannot tell you enough how great this product is. The first thing that came to mind was that it tasted like flavored rain! It tasted so crisp and delightful that I believe I'm addicted to it! I drink bottle after bottle and I'm glad too becuase those bottles would otherwise be soda. I'm so glad I found a drink like this becuase the sugar content for the whole entire bottle is 12 GRAMS!! For 8 Fl oz ( Size of a soda) is 5 GRAMS! So to compare soda, which depending on the soda has 30-60 Grams a soda in 8 Fl oz, to gatorade, which has 5 grams is awesome. On top of that, G2 low Calories dosen't use High Froutose Corn Syrup which is a HUGE plus.

A+/ 5 Star rating in my book!

Gatorade G2 tastes great for being low-calorie

from Cullowhee, NC

Comments about Gatorade G2:

I am addicted to gatorade. Its all I would like to drink. However, I am not an athlete and do not burn enough calories so I could not drink it as often as I would have liked. Until now. G2 is a lighter variety of gatorade, with fewer calories. My favorite is orange, which tastes almost exactly like the real thing. I hate diet drinks that taste diet...the grape variety of G2 does however taste like artificial sweetener. If you look at the color of the g2 itself, its much lighter than tradtional gatorade, which leaves me wondering what kind of crazy chemicals they put in the real stuff. They are slowing adding more varieties of G2, but as far as I know they already have: orange, grape, fruit punch, lemon-lime, strawberry, and blue raspberry. G2 is a better replacement for those of us that consume too many calories already but hate drinking water. Its definetly better tasting than the gatorade sports water.

Low calorie sports drink with full flavor

from Dayton, OH

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Gatorade-G2-Powder-review-d9b94

Gatorade G2 is great

from Sunnyvale, CA

Comments about Gatorade G2:

As advertised, this Gatorade has less calories and should be heatlhier.  Amazingly it tastes the exact same and is just as good!  No complaints here, regardless of the flavor chosen.  It serves the same purpose as the regular Gatorade and should be bough no matter what!

gets me through 2 hours of power yoga

from Debary, FL

Comments about Gatorade G2:

Love this stuff!! I drink it during yoga classes, especially during the hot Florida summers. I have even started drinking Gatorade when I am sick or just feeling a little funky. It clears up the hazy feeling from being dehydrated. Tastes better than water too.

watery but refreshing

from Madison, WI

Comments about Gatorade G2:

I love G2! It quenches my thirst and love the taste of grape and there are 2 new ones: strawberry kiwi and lemon-lime. So far I only like the grape and strawberry kiwi. (I am not a lemon-lime fan so I am not even going to try that one). The taste is not overwhelming. It also quenches my thirst very well. I used to drink Frost "Riptide Rush" and like the grape G2 better - plus less calories. If you didn't like the orange or fruit punch (was disgusting), try another flavor.

I love this Gadorate 2, and so do my kids.

from Ontonagon, MI

Comments about Gatorade G2:

Our whole family loves Gadorate2, we do drink alot of water, but after a while, u want a different taste and this is it. My kids are big in sports, and I feel confident sending them to the game with G2. I aslo pack it in their lunch.