4.1
MT6840
Gateway Notebook PC

Gateway Notebook PC

4.1

It is a really good laptop, very reliable and cute too!

I think you will be quite pleased with this product. I bought mine a few weeks ago and am on it constantly. It seems to have a very good battery life and it hasn't given me any problems. It is a bit slow if you are multi-tasking. However, the wireless internet connection locator is crazy. It finds a network even if there is not a network to be found! (well, not exactly, but ya know)This is a good laptop! Buuuy it!

Think twice

As someone who does a lot of traveling for business and heard that the Gateway laptop is very durable, I decided to buy this one. Sadly I have found it to be very slow, the screen glare can be hard on the eyes, and after 2 1/2 months the computer crashed right in the middle of working on a report. I called Gateway and they had me send it back to be fixed, telling me it would be of no cost and that I would have it back in a few days. Well it has been two weeks now and I still do not have my computer back. Upon  following up with them as to where it was they said it would be another week or so. Needless to say I am not happy that I bought the Gateway laptop and have grave concerns about any computer that dies within such a short period of time, not to mention the delay in repair.

I would think twice about recommending this or any other products from Gateway based on this experience.

What's not to like this product

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

This great computer is first class in reading dvd's.

It is a really good laptop, very reliable and cute too!

from Minneapolis, MN

Should've gone with a DELL

from Belleville, MI

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

Not impressed with this laptop AT ALL.  Very expensive, lower quality, not as fast as it should be, doesn't come equipped with standard windows.  Still had to buy so many programs on top of the original expensive price.  Don't recommend it.

perfect, smooth and wonderful!

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

You can't deny the power of Intel processor and wonderful feature of the gateway laptop that was provided. The dual-core technology and power saver feature in the processor do give me a lot of funs, as i am owning this laptop at my house now. What a big big gift who bought me by my hubby.... My hubby upgrade the ram to 2GB and make the whole laptop more powerful and speedy with OS that was using... overall.. that's wonderful!

Great flexability and power

from Auburn, CA

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

I love this little computer...I did upgrade the speed and it was well worth the added expense.  i am currently in school and it performs anything i ask it to do.  i am glad though that i bought it beofre Windows Vista came out because XP on it is very user friendly.

Love This!

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

**I love this notebook!  It's reliable, compact and gets the job done!  I am a Realtor and it is very important for me to travel light but at the same time have everything I need with me.  The Gateway MT6840 Core Duo Notebook is perfect just for this!  I would recommend it to everyone. **

Gateway MT6840 Core Duo Notebook is very reliable

from Miami, FL

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

The Gateway MT6840 Core Duo performance or processor notebook is very relivable and dependable. I am very happy to own one of this laptops. I could take it with me everywhere I go because it is easy to carry and it is not heavy at all. I really love the wide 15.4 inches screen display because I do not have to get so close to the screen in order to look. Also with the wide screen, I don't miss to read important information. The wireless capability lets me use my laptop just anywhere where I go, such as airport, coffee shop, etc. It really lets you extend your mobility with the advance dual core power and enhance intel centrino dual connectivity. This notebook is very flexible because it has a lot of memory that lets you store just about anything in a fast and efficient way. I am very happy with the DVD drive, which lets you burn and play CDs and DVDs. So, if you want to get a great multimedia performance in your living room, during vacation, or on the go this is the laptop for you to get. Additionally, this notebook includes DVD Ram and DVD double layer with a capacity of 8.5 GB per disc. I am very pleased with the integrated 4 in 1 memory card reader, which lets you transfer images, music, and other files. I believe I made the right choice in buying this computer.

nice one

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

This is the first laptop I ever bought by myself for myself and it is well-worth every penny I worked and spent for it!

It's a bit heavy at 6.4 lbs especially when travelling to different countries and quite big with its 15.4" monitor but I don't mind. I specifically bought it with watching DVD's in mind and I enjoy it. I do most of my exercise DVD's with it in my room so I don't have to fight with anyone over the TV set.

I'm also a writer and editor so its speed (2.0 GHz) and capacity (2048 MB RAM and 160 GB HD) are very handy. I get to download the stuff I need and the research I make on the internet very quickly. I can store everything on the spacious harddrive without worrying if it will fit or not! And with its internal modem and strong wi-fi, I can easily work on it anywhere I go and fax whatever needs faxing as necessary.

Plus, with 4 (2.0) Hi-Speed USB ports, I can sync my Ipod and PDA without having to take out the printer cable and the cooling fan cable... Don't get me wrong, the machine doesn't get that hot but when I'm in "hot" countries like the Philippines, I just want to make sure that my laptop is protected:)

Last note: Gateway is a really good brand. None of our Gateway computers have ever needed servicing so it hasn't really mattered whether a Service Center is available in an area or not!

Very Great and has a lot of storage space for a laptop

from Edison, NJ

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

I think that the Gateway MT6840 Laptop is a great and fast laptop also it has a great DVD burner and it is a very fast and affordable laptop.  I use it for homework and it is very portible.  The only con would be that it is 6 pounds so its a little heavy for a laptop.  so all in all this laptop is great and i would recommend this to any one.

Awesome laptop for the price.

from Abilene, TX

Comments about Gateway Notebook PC:

I am not an expert on computers by any means, however I have been doing ON-Line school for the past three years, and I am on a computer daily. I bought this laptop about 6 months ago, and I am very pleased with the ease to have 9 sites, open at once. I did dislike VIsta operating systems at first, but all computers now have that program, so what are we to do, but learn it... This is a wonderful laptop for highspeed internet conection, and for the price!