Other Primers:
Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

Pros

Cons

A light, non-clumpy, Beauty Balm -- good starter makeup!

I received this Garnier Skin Perfector BB Cream as a sample as I am a BzzAgent. I signed up for this project even though I am not traditionally a makeup user, especially foundation type products. I mainly use mascara, and eye makeup - but that is all. I also use day and night moisturizers, and a puffy eye reducer - but do not consider those makeup. So, I signed up for this project after reading the great description of what the makeup/moisturizer can do for your face. First of all, I did not know what a B.B. cream is and found on the Garnier site the history of B.B.s. It stands for Beauty Balm, and were originated in France a long time ago. The Beauty Balm was developed to provide moisturizer as well as color to cover imperfections and discolorations on your face. The Garnier B.B. comes in two different shades: light and dark.

I was intrigued as the online pictures of model's before and after shots looked pretty good, and I know my face has multiple imperfections and I look washed-out sometimes. I thought this was a good, small-step to wearing an all-over makeup base to even out my skin - especially since they describe it as light and non-greasy. I signed up and was actually excited about receiving it and trying out makeup. Since my complexion is light, I selected the "light" version.

I received the sample about a week later and waited for the weekend to start trying it - as I didn't want to just show up to work with a big, gloppy, made-up face if it wasn't as light and unnoticeable as promised. I put it on after applying my moisturizer with a higher SPF - the color was light, but still a little scary for me as I didn't want streaks, lines, or clumps like some foundation type makeup can cause. I applied it to my whole face, neck, and décolletage area of my chest. After blending in with my fingers it did not look streaky or like I applied any foundation at all. I was happy. However, I don’t think it made that much of a difference either – it was an extremely subtle change to my face. I do look less washed-out and have a good color. A few days later I did wear it to work and was not too scared about it showing unnaturally or flaking. I did not receive a single comment, complement, etc… no one noticed, or did not comment if they did. Then when I told my few work buddies about it and that I was wearing it, they still could not really tell – which I conclude as good and bad. It does not look like traditional, gloppy foundation – and that maybe it really didn’t really help me much.

It has been about two weeks now and I am still using it – just as habit and hopeful that maybe my complexion does over-all look better.

My next step is to let one of my friends try it out over the weekend and see her before and after face.

No miracle, Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

I was lucky enough to receive a sample of Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream. When the sample arrived, I had 2 tiny sample packages. One was light/medium and the...Read complete review

I was lucky enough to receive a sample of Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream. When the sample arrived, I had 2 tiny sample packages. One was light/medium and the other medium/deep.

As I live in Florida I tried the medium/deep, as I thought the other one would be much lighter, than my normal skin color.

I cut the top of the tiny sachet, and carefully applied the dark liquid to my face. I really stretched it, and managed to get it all of my face, but there wasn't enough to blend it down my neck.

It went in really well, felt moist, but not sticky, and did look good. I have a couple of white spots on my face, but they stayed the same color. The darker marks I have also stayed the same.

I kept the B.B. cream on all day, and then removed it at night.

I tried the lighter shade on a day when I didn't have anything important planned, and it didn't make my face look any lighter. Again I felt moisture but nothing else.

I really don't feel that it will benefit me to buy the full size one. I am happy with the moisturizers that I use.

Use this as foundation too!

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

I have REALLY oily skin, so I was searching for a suitable foundation for my skin type. I trawled through some YouTube videos which were recommending products for oily skin, and the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream was a product that kept popping up. One YouTuber even used it as an alternative to foundation! It was the easiest product that I could find here, as well as the cheapest, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Being acne-ridden as well (oily skin and acne - worst combination!), I don't use foundation, as the few that I used felt too cakey on my skin. I mean, some days even translucent setting powder felt like it was too much! It was a pleasant surprise for me when I found out that the Garnier B.B. Cream was light on my skin, and barely felt like there was anything there at all. Plus point: it smells great! :-)

If you're not too picky about coverage, the B.B. Cream works great as a foundation alternative as well; especially for the days when you want to give your skin a breather, but still want to look good. You might have to apply a second layer on darker spots or blemishes, but it does the job of evening out your skin tone well.

As for oil control, the B.B. Cream does a pretty good job at that. With other concealing products, I usually have to use an oil blotter within two hours or so (blame it on the humidity), but the B.B. Cream allows me to stretch that time to about three, three and a half hours. So it's pretty good! If you're staying in a drier country, I'm sure the results would be a lot better.

So if you're thinking about starting on foundation, have oily skin, or just want a lighter alternative, be sure to pick this up! It's affordable, works great and smells lovely too!

Low quality

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

I did not care for this BB cream at all. First of all, it is a liquid, not a cream. Also, it was very greasy. It was very hard to blend into my skin and with my other makeup. I like to blend 2 or 3 different types of CC and BB creams together to put over my highlighter, and this cream made it smear and was just messy. The problem was the same when I tried using the product by its self on my face. I have never had a problem with other brands I have tried regardless of their shade, and I have tried a dozen different brands now. I gave it a 3 because it at least didn't make me break out like some makeup does and I eventually got it to work the couple of days I tried it. It felt a bit heavy wearing it, and I definitely would not sleep in it like some BB creams. Definitely not a product to skimp on, go with a better and probably a little bit more expensive brand to get great results. Over the years I have used many Garnier products and I am usually satisfied with them!

My favorite part of my beauty routine

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

A friend recommended that I try this product and I an eternally grateful that she did. I tend to have uneven skin tone and acne on my chin. Using traditional foundation continued to attribute to the breakout and other products didn't blend well or look good on my very fair skin.
BB Cream provides wonderful overall coverage that is smooth. It doesn't create the "goopy" or heavy make up look you can sometimes get with a foundation or other primer type product. The light color works perfect for my fair skin tone and just one application makes my uneven skin look even and like its glowing. I like that it also has sunscreen and moisture in it. The product has a light scent, so beware if you are sensitive to that sort of thing. Overall, a wonderful product and I'm glad to have discovered it!

The best!

from Ohio

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

I literally cannot say enough good things about my Garnier skin renew miracle skin perfector B.B. cream! I was looking for something somewhat healthy for my skin to use in place of makeup. I decided to give this a try after my friend had mentioned it to me. The first time i used it i fell in love with it. It feels so lightweight on my skin and i hardly notice I'm wearing it. There are two different kinds so i would highly suggest buying the one for "oily skin. This way it doesn't add the extra shine or greasy feel to your face. It also comes in 2-3 different colors for different skin tones. This is the only makeup i have used that doesn't clog my pores and make me breakout. It has enough coverage that you do not have to wear any type of powder or foundation over top of it. I feel flawless and beautiful when i wear this B.B. cream so I will never go back to wearing anything else. I highly recommend this product to anyone with any skin type!

MyHolyGrail

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

This is amazing! After many times of trying all sorts of makeup products I love this stuff! It gives extremely good coverage (it is a bit on the pink side so those cool toned girls better get there hands on this ) and it provides SPF and not greasy

The cons are that it makes your face look like a ghost when you take a flash and it can sometimes look a bit to pink on you and it can get extremely messy (if that really becomes an issue you can buy a pump and use that ) also it smells a bit like alcohol

But that's it to me this is awesome :)

Garnier BB Cream is worthwhile for almost all women.

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

After researching BB Creams, Garnier brand seems to be one of the most popular BB Creams in the United States. I would definitely agree. At first, I didn't even know what BB Cream was or why would need to use it. I was intrigued, to say the least. Many popular brands seemed to be introducing their own version of BB Cream.

So what is BB Cream? It stands for Blemish Balm, Blemish Base, or Beauty Balm. Most resources say the definition is a combination of a sunscreen, moisturizer, foundation, and anti-ager. The benefits of using BB Cream range from reducing wrinkles, fading acne scars, redness reducer, oiliness minimizer, and under eye circle camaflager. Furthermore, it creates an even tone on your skin, covering up discolorations or other unwanteds on your face. After using Garnier BB Cream, I can say that I have experienced many of these benefits.

When I first opened the tube it came out rather quickly. It's thin and light as you dispense it, but it's fine once you put it on your face. I got the medium/deep, because it was the last one in a store that was going out of business. My normal skin is light with red tones, but the medium/deep helped hide the red and evened out my skin complexion beautifully.

When I first put it on it was orange, but it blended into my face and neck flawlessly. I loved the transformation!! My face and neck had a perfect matte finish and a warm glow all over. Garnier BB Cream also helped diminish discoloration above my upper lip. I received a compliment on my skin from a co-worker the very first day I used this.

My closing comments on this BB Cream are very favorable. I would recommend this product to any woman. Going by another reviewer, I guess this does not work for women of color, but it may work for all others. Almost every woman has one small blemish or something on her face that could use improving. This cream not only enhances most skin types and tones, but it also seems to solve many skin problems, as well. It has worked for me, and I think it would work for you, also.

Mixed feelings on this product

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

First off let me say that this isn't like a traditional Asian BB cream, it's the American imitation which is basically a tinted moisturizer. So as a BB cream, I do not think this is the best product, but that doesn't mean it's a bad product. It is very sheer and light so you can see things like freckles through the product but it will help even skin tone. Because of the sheerness you may have to use concealer if you have acne scars or anything like that but if you just want very light coverage it's not bad. I found it to be quite moisturizing, and it didn't make my skin break out at all. The product takes a bit of time to set and can apply kind of streaky if you're not careful. My main issue is that it is very pink based and my skin has more of a yellow tone. It was sheer enough to still use but a better match probably would have looked better on me. It only comes in a couple of shades, and I get that because it just kind of blends away it doesn't need to be an exact match, but I feel like even 4 or 5 shade options would be better.

Not For Acne Prone Skin

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

I purchased I tried Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream when it initially came out. I was very happy that there was finally a BB cream that was affordable and one that I did not have to order over the internet. I got the lightest shade that was available at that time. I applied the product as direct. The coverage was pretty good, however, I did have to put my foundation over it to get full coverage. One of the biggest problems is this BB cream definitely clogs pores because only after about 3 days my face broke out horribly. I cannot judge the long term effects of the BB cream because I discontinued using it after 3 days. I was really disappointed. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

Completely transformed my complexion!

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

I have always had problems with makeup either the color was shades lighter or shades darker. At times it could be too oily or too dry for my skin. I spent a lot of money and tried everything including brand names at ridiculous prices thinking that it would be worth it if a found a very good one but my combination to oily skin will swallow it whole in a few hours. This Garnier BB cream really lives up to it's name...MIRACLE SKIN PERFECTOR! My skin looks healthy and smooth making it a great canvas to work with. It may sound cliche but I don't care! For the first time in years I loved the way I looked in all the festivities pictures. My make up was always intact and lasted well into the next day! It's also so practical, on lazy days that I don't want to or care to use make up, but you don't want to look tired I only apply a dab under my eyes and it makes me looks so refreshed without giving you away by looking Cakey like concealers do. It is great as every day natural looking day time make up. And when you want more coverage for a more dramatic night time make up just apply a bit more than you usually use.You can actually play with it. And when i say a bit more i do mean a bit more! you really don't need too much which makes this product a great buy. The size of the tube and the amount of product you get will last plenty. And the price...makes it even better, it is very affordable! Just can't beat this kind of quality for the great price! Need less to say I absolutely love it and will continue to buy it!

Love it!

Comments about Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:

My mother tried this product and didn't care for it. She gave me the remainder to try it for myself. She does not wear foundation at all and thought the product was too heavy. I tried it for myself and had to disagree. The first time I used it my skin felt soft and smooth with no moisurizer underneath. My skin also looked more even toned than with moisurizer alone. After several uses, I noticed a marked improvement in the texture of my skin and a noticeable firming of the skin. Some of the finer lines and wrinkles also appeared less noticeable. I use it almost everyday and the time it saves me in my morning routine is really helpful. I can skip foundation all together except for special occasions when I spend a little more time and effort. For the price, it is an amazing value. The time it saves and the results I get make it worth a lot more than I pay for it. Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone with normal to dry skin.